www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 17-10-18, 22:21   #16871
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’m a early 90’s baby (92) and I remember a lot of stuff from the decade and it’s my favorite in terms of music.
I think one of my earliest memories was being in my car seat and hearing the song about rain at a wedding day and I loved that song so much! I was too young to remember much else but I remembered that song. I didn’t know what it was called or who it was by but I had a vague memory of it for years.

Around 2009 I think it was I was home alone but my parents left the television on and American Idol was on. I think it was with some of the finalists and they sang their songs duet style with the original artists. One woman was singing “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette and I heard it and thought “This sounds like a song from my childhood!” They both began the song “Ironic” and as it went on I was covered with goosebumps and overwhelmed with nostalgia but I didn’t understand why! Then the bombing chorus came in “Its like rain on your wedding day” and I immediately thought “OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THIS SONG! I REMEMBER! THIS IS THAT SONG!” I teared up bc it was SUCH a nostalgia trip.. even now I get goosebumps thinking about it. It’s wonderful how the brain works and how it can retain something like that for years. That song to me is just childhood innocence. I love that song.

I think I’m gonna go listen to it. That day I discovered that song I listened to it on repeat for hours. I miss the 90’s! I miss being a kid. I miss it all. Thank god for music to give us a taste of what it was like and to bring us back to those special memories.
Omg I knew the song you meant straight away haha, but I actually couldn't remember the name either until you got further down the post.

I can't think of any now that I kind of knew back then but re-discovered. I remember I loved the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and Janet Jackson (all the signs were there, weren't they? ) and the video for Michael Jackson's Earth Song terrified the **** out of me. In fact I think Michael generally scared me with his ghostly looking fake face. Mark Morrison's "Return of The Mack" was and remains a SONG! I literally never get bored of it.

I also seem to vaguely remember Celine Dion's Titanic song being everywhere around the time and I got sick of hearing it.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 17-10-18 at 22:23.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-18, 23:48   #16872
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

There are a number of places I may want to travel back in time to, but imagine this: being that British soldier that spotted Adolf Hitler, in World War 1 after a battle took place, and capturing him. Oh what that may have changed...

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 17-10-18 at 23:54.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-18, 05:13   #16873
CroftManiac05
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Simplicityy View Post
There are a number of places I may want to travel back in time to, but imagine this: being that British soldier that spotted Adolf Hitler, in World War 1 after a battle took place, and capturing him. Oh what that may have changed...
Maybe we wouldn't have the same tecgnological advancement we have today.
The only thing that benefits from war is technology.
Is it worth it though?
Old 18-10-18, 08:57   #16874
SapphireSoul11
Hobbyist

How do I know if a thread has been created already? is it magic?
Old 18-10-18, 17:07   #16875
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Simplicityy View Post
I have been thinking about how a time traveler could prevent WOII and I think rather than killing Hitler in 1914 it may be a better idea to eliminate Emperor Wilhelm, which may prevent WOI from happening and therefore the Second as well.
Or, eliminate Hitler in 1933 and then take his place: still let the Nazi party take control but without the war and antisemitism and all that.

But I think CroftManiac05 is right in that preventing the wars may impede the development of technology. And perhaps make overpopulation and even bigger problem than it is now...

Last edited by Nigel Cassidy; 18-10-18 at 17:12.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-18, 17:15   #16876
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Debating going for a jog. I think I need to let my legs rest because I overdid it a little on my last run on Friday, but eh

Choices.
Old 18-10-18, 17:48   #16877
New Dwight
Archaeologist

word
Old 19-10-18, 01:44   #16878
larafan25
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSoul11 View Post
How do I know if a thread has been created already? is it magic?
Search using the forum search function at the top right of each forum section (once you click into the section). Or type the hypothetical thread title into google with "tomb raider forums". Sometimes the search function misses some threads.
Old 19-10-18, 04:38   #16879
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Search using the forum search function at the top right of each forum section (once you click into the section). Or type the hypothetical thread title into google with "tomb raider forums". Sometimes the search function misses some threads.
I wouldnít even bother with the search function here... itís not very reliable and very picky. However, I rarely search anything so itís never a constant nuisance
Old 19-10-18, 05:56   #16880
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I have been thinking about how a time traveler could prevent WOII and I think rather than killing Hitler in 1914 it may be a better idea to eliminate Emperor Wilhelm, which may prevent WOI from happening and therefore the Second as well.
Or, eliminate Hitler in 1933 and then take his place: still let the Nazi party take control but without the war and antisemitism and all that.

But I think CroftManiac05 is right in that preventing the wars may impede the development of technology. And perhaps make overpopulation and even bigger problem than it is now...
Hmmm you have points. But instead of eliminating that Emperor, just get him out of power.