Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 31-08-18, 19:11   #21
Ruu11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
What?
"A scriptwriter was hired to map out the unfolding Lara saga - the script is so big, it's long enough to cover the next five Lara games."
http://digital_danger.tripod.com/tr_angel.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Yes, it was more or less like rough outlines or something like that. Hence why I said in parentheses that it was at least the basics of it.

With what information that was given in the book, I could honestly make a whole thread about it, possibly. Would that be easier, or should I just post it here?

I don’t know if it’s okay or not.
It would be great if you share with us some scans from the book instead of just saying what it says
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18, 19:39   #22
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
Could you give us more information please. Even the hardcover is 125 CAD. Does this book give us new information?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
It would be great if you share with us some scans from the book instead of just saying what it says
I’ll see what I can do. And I’ll try not to take too long either.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18, 21:10   #23
annacroft

At E3 2002 they said that they were already working on AOD 2, but we now know that was not true. It was damage control really.
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 23:51   #24
Pyro99

Was there ever an official statement? Come to think of it, pretty much everything we knew about AoD' continuations isn't quite "official", I'm just under the impression Crystal were originally intended to continue it but quickly decided to reboot the series, and that was the end of that
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 07:48   #25
Caesum

There was an article at now dead CAVG.com where Johnny Minkley interviewed Jeremy Heath-Smith. During that interview Jeremy said that in the sequel they want to go back to the roots and bring back dinosaurs. That's the only official reference to the sequel that I know of.

Quote:
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness is the first title of a brand new Lara trilogy for next-gen, with the final two chapters releasing on PS2 and PC over the next couple of years.

After much arty-farty posturing, Core returned to its roots for Angel of Darkness, offering a classic Tomb Raider adventure set in the murky streets of Paris and Prague. But that clearly wasn't 'classic' enough for Core co-founder Jeremy Heath-Smith, who let slip some surprising details when he spoke last week.

Speaking about plans for the remainder of the trilogy, Heath-Smith stated: "We don't think we went traditional enough with this game. For the next one, we want to bring the dinosaurs back."

Explaining this ostensibly massive u-turn from Core's position at the time AOD was announced - where Lara was said to be moving in a darker, edgier, more adult direction - Heath-Smith explained: "Lara's pretty good in Paris, but in hindsight, we were scared of taking her straight back to tombs. We thought people had had enough of tombs, but the reality is, I don't think people can get enough of tombs and all that stuff. So we're gonna go pretty big on that.

Full on, old-skool Lara action? Back to basics, shall we say? "Yeah!" exclaimed Heath-Smith. "We were nervous of going back there. We felt we had to make a statement; I think we've now made that statement and we can draw the consumer back in, the players are gonna love it and I think we can take them back with a real good trip in the next game.

"Our plan for the trilogy is very much to have one out every 12 months, because we've got them planned out and we're not going to touch the technology, so we're going to play with the storyline - and our plan is to spin the next one in a year. Our plan is to have it, I'm hoping, before June next year. Worst case would be in a year, but hopefully before that." Tempting as it was, we didn't dare ask Eidos if it had a solid date for the sequel...

Commenting on the current status of the AOD follow-up, Heath added: "Yeah, all the design and locations are done, lots of sketches have been done... and we have the main character! [laughs]."

Tombs and dinosaurs are the future, and Core knows it. Keep it here for the very latest on all things Lara related, and as soon as Eidos announces a European date for Angel of Darkness on PS2 and PC, you'll be the first to know
I believe by the sequel he meant all the leftovers from the original plotline of TRAOD. During boss battle with Eckhardt Lara was going to be thrown into three dimensions created by the alchemist, based on Lara's biggest fears. One of the realms was going to be the Lost Valley, which would explain the dinosaurs comeback.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 09:54   #26
Ruu11

^ I wonder if they said all that including Germany & Turkey... Wasn't the sequel take place at those locations?
I can't really fit a jungle with dinousarus after/before Castle Kriegler or Cappadocia
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 14:50   #27
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I’ll see what I can do. And I’ll try not to take too long either.
Thanks Noah! If it's a long read, you'll probably want to create a new thread for it. Your choice of course!
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 15:17   #28
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Thanks Noah! If it's a long read, you'll probably want to create a new thread for it. Your choice of course!
You’re welcome! I think I’ll create a new thread with scans from the book (there are some pictures too hehe) and I’ll actually write some of the information just in case. I’m going to finally work on that today, so keep your eyes peeled!
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 15:37   #29
MattTR

Wow, I never knew they had plans for Lara to go back to the Lost Valley. I actually have the 20th anniversary book, I should probably read it..
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 06:36   #30
lance6439

Damn some of this info is crazy. Need to read up on my book, too!
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote