Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 20-03-18, 21:03   #11
Chamayoo

"The latest in 2016". *Give the PS4 version*
As if the Xbox One version never existed.

Looks like a propaganda with this thumbnail. Let's see that !

EDIT : That is the first time I don't cringe watching a "Group react" video. The comments are often interesting and fun. Though I'm a bit shocked some of them are so insecure when playing a game.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 20-03-18 at 21:16.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 22:04   #12
Yeauxleaux

I think it's very telling that the one guy assumed it was going to be R1 to shoot, because it's always either R1 or R2 to shoot these days. They make the controls the exact same on almost every single game. So when these kids play what we used to play, it throws them that the controls are so different. That's probably part of the reason they struggled on TR1 so much.

When the black girl said something like "I hope they start back from when I died" I had a little Mwaahahahaha moment to myself haha

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 20-03-18 at 22:06.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 22:09   #13
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I think it's very telling that the one guy assumed it was going to be R1 to shoot, because it's always either R1 or R2 to shoot these days. They make the controls the exact same on almost every single game. So when these kids play what we used to play, it throws them that the controls are so different. That's probably part of the reason they struggled on TR1 so much.

When the black girl said something like "I hope they start back from when I died" I had a little Mwaahahahaha moment to myself haha
Me too! When they died and had to start over I took great pleasure in their newfound misfortune hahaha
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 22:15   #14
Sayonel

I liked seeing their reactions. When the music started and the T-Rex ran onto screen, I was all like "It's on!" and knew they were going to die. lol. When they complained about the ledges being hard to see, I kept thinking "But that's why it's fun. Figuring things out with trial and error. The game didn't show you where to go or what to do, you figured it out yourself."
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 22:21   #15
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonel View Post
I liked seeing their reactions. When the music started and the T-Rex ran onto screen, I was all like "It's on!" and knew they were going to die. lol. When they complained about the ledges being hard to see, I kept thinking "But that's why it's fun. Figuring things out with trial and error. The game didn't show you where to go or what to do, you figured it out yourself."
Exactly, no hand holding back in the days when games were actually games.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 22:23   #16
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonel View Post
When my younger sister played TR1 for the first time that was her main complaint. “I don’t know where to go.”

I kept telling her to LOOK around and she said she did. Clearly she did not or else she’d find a ledge to grab and climb to a higher spot hahaha
Old 20-03-18, 22:23   #17
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
It's a shame none were more interested in the original. From a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint you wouldn't think both were the same game.
They're not...
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 23:29   #18
Lara Croft!

I watched the movie today, so when I came back I started watching Youtube videos and I came across this one. I would be surprised if any of them preferred the old one. They belong to a different generation of realistic graphics, using the left stick to control the camera and feeling a sense of accomplishment for locating that "evasive" white ledge.
Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 00:25   #19
iWANEX
Golden

I watched it and it was very interesting and very telling. You can tell CD is doing a fantastic job by seeing their reactions. I still think difficulty in the new games can and should be increased but without sacrificing all the other elements that make the new games what they are.

Sadly, young gamers will never try classic TR games. They are very dated. I'm hoping that with the remasters people will give them a go but the controls is what will ruin their experience, not the difficult puzzles, which is ironic. Only us, classic fans will know the joy of playing those games when they came out. They were among the best PS1 games for sure.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 00:49   #20
Quebsenuef

Another interesting thing that I now noticed was that none of them remarked on Classic Lara and her looks. No big boobed bimbo comments, no skimpy outfit comments, no sexualization comments.

I’m hoping that her look is still timeless and accepted. Sure, Lara is the way she is but I’m glad they didn’t even seem to notice. Hopefully we’re moving towards a more progressive age where women are free to wear what they want to wear without judgment.