Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 25-10-09, 19:47   #21
Legend of Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive_and_Funky View Post
Like an anime or something?
There is a pseudo-sequel anime for Persona 3, actually. It's called Persona: Trinity Soul, and it's really, really, really boring. And only two characters from P3 (Akihiko and Igor, though Igor is in every single Persona) appears in it.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-09, 19:59   #22
Alive_and_Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I didn´t know about that new version of P3 for the PSP. Playing as a female should change everything. Would you be able to date Yukari, Mitsuru or Fuuka like that? :O
I'm hoping that you don't get to date Akihiko. He may very well be my favourite "not outed" gay video game character.

Quote:
I found P4 rather predictable actually. I had a strong hunch about who the murderer was, and it turned out to be just like that. The clues appeared later, of course, but the game did already give me the feeling it was this person and not another one. You get to a point that the game directly asks you who you think the murderer is, and the list is rather long. I don´t know what happens if you say someone else's name.
Really there are only a handful of suspects, and once the plot shows that certain characters could certainly not have been behind the murders it becomes really obvious. There is a twist towards the very end that I didn't see coming, however.
When you say who you think the murderer is, you have a few chances to get it right. I'm not sure what happens if you guess wrong each time though.

Quote:
Fortunately, P4 managed to give an extra spice to the background, and that I would have never been able to imagine. That was the greatest surprise. P3, on the contrary, throws one surprise right after the other. You think you know what´s happening, but you actually understand nothing. That and the fact that P3's plot is way darker, are the reasons why I think P3's plot surpassed the one of P4.
I felt that Persona 3 had a better plot as well. It seemed to gradually advance more too, whereas Persona 4's story kinda stayed still for a few months at a time while you rescued people, if you get what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Lara View Post
There is a pseudo-sequel anime for Persona 3, actually. It's called Persona: Trinity Soul, and it's really, really, really boring. And only two characters from P3 (Akihiko and Igor, though Igor is in every single Persona) appears in it.
I've not watched it myself, but I find Akihiko's choice of career path rather amusing. The people underneath him hate the poor fella though.
Alive_and_Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-09, 20:12   #23
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
I'm hoping that you don't get to date Akihiko. A) He may very well be my favourite "not outed" gay video game character.

Really there are only a handful of suspects, and once the plot shows that certain characters could certainly not have been behind the murders it becomes really obvious. B) There is a twist towards the very end that I didn't see coming, however.
C) When you say who you think the murderer is, you have a few chances to get it right. I'm not sure what happens if you guess wrong each time though.

I felt that Persona 3 had a better plot as well. It seemed to gradually advance more too, whereas D) Persona 4's story kinda stayed still for a few months at a time while you rescued people, if you get what I mean.

I've not watched it myself, but I find Akihiko's choice of career path rather amusing. The people underneath him hate the poor fella though.
A) So Mitsuru had no chance with him after all? Now that you mention this, I wonder what would happen if Dojima had a niece instead of a nephew...what would Kanji say?
B) Exactly. I really didn´t think of the real source of all the things that had been happening. I finished the game in december or January (december 2008, of our real life) and picked it up back in February, only to find out that the game hadn´t really finished when I thought it had. And that added over 10 hours of gameplay for a story I thought complete
C) Maybe Naoto facepalms? :P
D) Definitely. And that´s when the game takes advantage of such time to develop the characters. Events like the Beauty Pageant are unbelievable...and they could have never been used with characters like Mitsuru or with the overall gloom of P3's plot.

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 25-10-09 at 20:13.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-09, 21:05   #24
Thorir

Persona 4 is one of the best games I've played these last five years, I'd say!
It's REALLY good!
Thorir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-09, 21:21   #25
Legend of Lara

Have any of you tried Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE? It's a "free" ("free" because you have to buy all the really good stuff) MMORPG. I haven't, by the way.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 02:23   #26
Camera Obscura

Quote:
There is a PSP version of Persona 3 coming out where you can choose to play as a female protagonist. The protagonists in Persona 3 and 4 don't really have that much personality of their own anyway, and you often get to choose what to say. Other than that, they mostly stay silent.

Like an anime or something?
I was not aware of this until I checked Wiki. Now my sister and I definitely have to buy a PSP (for Birth By Sleep and the new P3)
Camera Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 04:17   #27
Yuna´s Wish

Here, a trailer for Persona 3 Portable:

Interesting version of the game. Even the FES section seems to be longer with many new doors to open. And it seems there´re a lot of new events too...one including the lovely Ms. Kashiwagi
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 11:49   #28
*laralover*

Hm looks good I have Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 but iv only played 3 so far. I need to get back to it eventually. I also love the other games Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army and Nocturne Theres a anime called Trinity Soul that takes place after Persona 3.
*laralover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-09, 18:11   #29
nakamura

SMT are top games. The 2 PS2 Persona titles are magic. P4 being a better overall game but P3 better plot as a few have said.
I am currently playing Digital Devil Saga which is good but suffers from a high encounter rate that can grate a little but its a good game.
nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-09, 19:23   #30
TR FAN 18

The part in P4 where you had to guess correctly what to say was kind of annoying. There was a 1 IN 256 (0.4%) chance of getting it right. I had to restart my PS2 about 5 times. How is anyone supposed to get that without going to GameFAQs?

About guessing the wrong murderer:
[COLOR="White"]You get 3 chances to get it right. Guess wrong 3 times and you get a note saying Teddie has gone back to his world and you get the bad ending.[/COLOR]
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote