Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 04-08-12, 02:18   #21
rexil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SM_Mikey View Post
Tons of people say "Oh, I was working on that but I forgot" and never say anything about it in the WIP thread unless someone asks specifically about that model, I think if someone wants to do a model, they should do it. Doesn't matter if someone else was working on it 2 years ago, as long as a model gets released, there's really no problem.
Well ok but, there are people who have a life and other things to care about (people usually forget about that)... Some people can't convert a model in one day or one week or whatever, there are models that takes a lot of time and effort and a good non lazy port takes time.
I'd rather wait for a nicely done job than have a quick **** lazy job.
rexil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 02:47   #22
3SM_Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexil View Post
Well ok but, there are people who have a life and other things to care about (people usually forget about that)... Some people can't convert a model in one day or one week or whatever, there are models that takes a lot of time and effort and a good non lazy port takes time.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, I'm not one who forgets people have lives...I just think people should do models they want without having to feel restricted since there's no guarantee the other people who "claimed" them will even continue on the models that someone else wants to do. I'd rather know someone is currently working on one instead of only hoping someone will continue working on the same model months from now. It IS only a hobby, its not a serious thing...I just don't think it matters if someone does something someone else was working on. Only thing that would happen would be that there's 2 different versions of the same model.

Last edited by 3SM_Mikey; 04-08-12 at 02:49.
3SM_Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 14:34   #23
Ken Murikumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexil View Post
3SM_Mikey does have a point though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SM_Mikey View Post
Tons of people say "Oh, I was working on that but I forgot" and never say anything about it in the WIP thread unless someone asks specifically about that model.
Also, Waiting for several months and upwards of a year for a model that you could have in a week or two is a bit ridiculous. There should be some kinda time limit. Within the limits of reason (both ways) not too short so that the person who claimed it is rushed, but not too long, where somebody just as capable could finish it if given an OK.

Also, yeah it takes a while, but even if somebody can finish it quickly, doesn't always mean the model is junk.
Ken Murikumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 15:38   #24
rexil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Murikumo View Post
3SM_Mikey does have a point though...

Also, Waiting for several months and upwards of a year for a model that you could have in a week or two is a bit ridiculous. There should be some kinda time limit. Within the limits of reason (both ways) not too short so that the person who claimed it is rushed, but not too long, where somebody just as capable could finish it if given an OK.

Also, yeah it takes a while, but even if somebody can finish it quickly, doesn't always mean the model is junk.
Well ok. I can understand the view from someone who doesn't port.
rexil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-12, 13:31   #25
Ol.a

Approved, they all seem pretty reasonable.
Ol.a is offline   Reply With Quote