Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 12-03-10, 03:46   #11
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
I've seen a description of how the console controls are, but not how the PC controls will be. If they do a straight port of the console controls, then we'll probably move the characters with WASD (which I'm not looking forward to doing with fixed camera angles) while the mouse controls which direction the character is aiming weapons.

Totec definitely does sound more interesting, but at least it seems like Lara has a few new abilities as well so hopefully it will still be interesting to play as her
Another fine example of how the limitations of the console controllers screw the PC.

They both have their special attributes, and both are needed to succeed. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and require more true and real teamwork than any other game that I have seen.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 03:48   #12
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
Another fine example of how the limitations of the console controllers screw the PC.
I was just taking a guess based upon some of their past games. Maybe they'll surprise us and the PC controls will be good

Quote:
They both have their special attributes, and both are needed to succeed. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and require more true and real teamwork than any other game that I have seen.
Indeed
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 03:55   #13
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
I was just taking a guess based upon some of their past games. Maybe they'll surprise us and the PC controls will be good

Indeed
A surprise would be nice.

And when we play, perhaps aussie500 would want to join us? I'd love to hear her voice describing the rationale for everything in the game and who designed it as we play.
Old 12-03-10, 04:05   #14
Evan C.

There is so much information there!!

-Lara will play alone(on single player)because Totec doesn't count with AI.Instead,Lara will also carry with Totec's spears and other gadgets that will allow her to solve duo puzzles.
-Lara will be agile has we know her,but Totec will be heavy so he won't be able to make long jumps.

-The puzzles are very like Core's

Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 05:52   #15
Drone

thanks for these articles
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 06:03   #16
Altair

Content removed by the user.

Last edited by Altair; 12-06-20 at 00:51.
Altair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 06:39   #17
DigtalMortcian

Quote:
For those who do not have a friend to play, "Lara Croft and the guardian of light" will have a single player mode. In it, instead of Totec be controlled by artificial intelligence, Lara will get some of his skills as spears. Thus, it alone will solve the puzzles of the game world.
That's very interesting. So in other words, Totec will be totally missing from the single player mode and Lara takes on his abilities? Or is he still in the game, only not as a playable character?
DigtalMortcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 11:59   #18
Tomb-Dude

I like the sound of the leap of faith. Totec jumps, Lara throws grapple and he grabs it.
I think that was in one of these articals. I read quite a few i can't remember which one has what any more.
Tomb-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 12:18   #19
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
A surprise would be nice.

And when we play, perhaps aussie500 would want to join us? I'd love to hear her voice describing the rationale for everything in the game and who designed it as we play.
Maybe, depends on what platform you play it on, I have still not decided which console, depends on who is my best chance for an offline partner. Never think of designers when playing though, only how good I thought it was, and up till GOL comes out I have never played an online game.

I am actually a bit disappointed we have no information on the designers yet, probably we will get that at E3 when they show the game off again.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 12:30   #20
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Maybe, depends on what platform you play it on, I have still not decided which console, depends on who is my best chance for an offline partner. Never think of designers when playing though, only how good I thought it was, and up till GOL comes out I have never played an online game.

I am actually a bit disappointed we have no information on the designers yet, probably we will get that at E3 when they show the game off again.
WD: C'mon, let's get up there to that secret.

Eddie: Okay, but I'm still getting used to being a lumbering ox who cannot climb without assistance. Even getting over these boulders is a pain.

aussie500: You know Harold Higgins designed the shape of that boulder, and Edie Williams (formerly of Naughty Dog) did the color scheme for the rocky landscape. And they used to be a couple, but Harold was cheating on her so they broke up. But I heard that they might be getting together again, so stay tuned....