Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 27-02-18, 04:05   #91
AndrewMZCroft

I like Assassins creed climbing system, because is not so obvious like LAU/Uncharted, but if you do ledges based you can hide ledge bp ingame and use for example a crack mesh or something
AndrewMZCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-18, 16:27   #92
Nausinous

I'm so very inspired by this amazing work by Fear Effect Inferno on DeviantArt. It looks like AOD Lara but younger.

My model is nowhere near finished but I'm stopping updates until the grand reveal.

Edit: I've had to push back the reveal date, I had a think about how I want this to contribute to my portfolio as a 3D artist and I've been advised I should really be working in 3Ds Max or Maya. So I'm having to familiarise myself with new software and pick up the project from there. I hope you guys can be a little more patient. I promise it will be worth the wait. I also start a foundation degree in September. Which is only 3 hours of lectures a week so hopefully my workload won't affect the project. Can't wait to show you guys the finished Lara!

Last edited by Nausinous; 05-04-18 at 09:35.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 15:42   #93
Nausinous

Update on the project. As I stated in my last post, I'm planning to go to University in September, I'll have to use industry standard programs like Maya rather than Blender. I figured I may as well get the practice in before University starts by continuing the project in Maya. I found this website called Pluralsight which is helping me to learn the ins and outs of the program. Currently, I'm taking a course on the fundamentals of Maya, and it involves making a weird space/futuristic sail ship? By the end I will hopefully be able to model, uv unwrap, texture, and animate so that should set me in good stead for continuing my Lara model. I realise it's not very exciting news, but I just wanted to make sure no one thought the project was dead or that I had been slacking (Despite numerous setbacks with my health).

Last edited by Nausinous; 08-04-18 at 16:40.
Old 08-04-18, 18:02   #94
larafan25

^Maya is realllyyy good (IMO) and like... easy to use. I mean, I'm sure you're used to Blender. However I think Maya is a lot clearer in terms of menus and features. Somewhat more intuitive in my opinion.

Those shapes look good.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 19:59   #95
Laras Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
^Maya is realllyyy good (IMO) and like... easy to use. I mean, I'm sure you're used to Blender. However I think Maya is a lot clearer in terms of menus and features. Somewhat more intuitive in my opinion.

Those shapes look good.
I agree with this. Blender makes me want to throw up. The controls of Maya are also close to that of a game engine editor. Although, you can set Maya controls for Blender.
Laras Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 21:25   #96
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post

Those shapes look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Dream View Post
I agree with this. Blender makes me want to throw up. The controls of Maya are also close to that of a game engine editor. Although, you can set Maya controls for Blender.
I agree Maya is slick as **** compared to Blender, I'm enjoying it a lot, and thanks Larafan 25
Old 09-04-18, 15:53   #97
Heckler

I actually switched to Blender from Maya . But that was due to the god-awful instability. I still use it for rigging and Motion Builder for animation though. The main gripe I have with Maya is that it crashes for fun and the performance drops you a bit at times even if you have a powerful PC. Then again it works for some and not for others. For me Maya 2016 was the most stable.
But other than that, in terms of features and renderer compatibility Maya is still the industry standard. X-gen alone is pretty sexy. Most AAA companies use Maya anyways.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 21:56   #98
Nausinous

This project is very much still alive albeit on and off hiatus. I am battling mental health problems so I'm sorry progress is slow. I am going to try and commit to the project more. I am restarting a very long tutorial to learn Maya 2018 on Pluralsight, this is a weird futuristic flying sail ship I am creating as part of the said tutorial. I hope to provide you with a Lara update by the end of the month.

I have this amazing library of knowledge to work through, that I'm hoping is going to help me finally take this project off the ground (Click for larger image)...

I've heard a lot of fan feedback about Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and there are some things I think we can do with a fan game, that maybe a developer can't. If anyone else wants to join the project, in any capacity, and share in the collective effort of making a free to play classical Tomb Raider experience then I'd be happy to welcome any help. We need story writers, concept artists, 3D modellers, animators, programmers, etc. I haven't been very realistic in believing I can do this myself, I know Nicobass has, and I will continue to try and do it on my own, but I think doing it as a community would be more rewarding.

Last edited by Nausinous; 10-09-18 at 22:10.
Old 10-09-18, 23:33   #99
NoahCrofRaider

I haven’t exactly kept up with your project, but nonetheless, I have to say that this all looks great.

Though I can’t promise anything, I’d be interested in giving story writing a shot. I have had some ideas on locations, artifacts, and stories that I’d like TR to explore the concepts of, so I’d love to be able to contribute, if possible.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 06:43   #100
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I haven’t exactly kept up with your project, but nonetheless, I have to say that this all looks great.

Though I can’t promise anything, I’d be interested in giving story writing a shot. I have had some ideas on locations, artifacts, and stories that I’d like TR to explore the concepts of, so I’d love to be able to contribute, if possible.
I'd love to see what you come up with, give it a go, and PM me the results