Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 09-12-17, 20:19   #1
Lara Croft!

Smile I am engaged!

Ι am reviving this thread as we have finally prepared the video of the proposal.

I am happy to announce that I am engaged to be married this summer!

For those who don't know me, my name is Lora, I am 30 years old and I have been in a relationship with Panos for 11 (OMG!) years. We met when I was 19 and he was 20. We spent our college years together, Panos went to the army (it is mandatory for all Greeks), we both started working, and 3 years ago we managed to save enough money to move in together. We both wanted to get married, and I knew a proposal would come eventually, I just wasn't expecting what happened.

It was on Friday October 6th. Panos, some of our friends and I would go to the cinema to watch the Blade Runner 2049 movie. Little did I know that Panos had plans to propose. When we were at the popcorn stand, he was not sure whether he should get coffee or not and he decided he wouldn't. We went into the movie room, took our seats and as the first commercials started playing, he said he changed his mind and would go to get that coffee after all. I didn't pay much attention.

After a few commercials passed, suddenly a video started playing that immediately caught my attention. The text was in English and it started saying that it is important to find something that inspires you and it showed an image of the Ring of the Lord Of The Rings. (Which are our favorite movies) I started shouting from excitement, still unaware of what was going on. The text continued saying that it is important to find a person to share all the things you enjoy in life and an Iron Maiden image came up (It is our favorite band). I don't know how stupid I was but I was still waiting to see what kind of promo video that was.

And then images from places we have been to started passing on the screen. Although they were Google images, I immediately caught on. I tried to gather all my focus and cherish the moment as I realized this was addressed to me. At some point as the images and the text continued, I was about to cry and then I immediately panicked thinking that I didn't know where he would come from and what I should do, so as not to mess this up.

When the video ended the lights went on and Panos ascended from the bottom exit with a ring on his hands. I was so happy and anxious at the same time. I hugged him, he kneeled and gave me the ring. Our friends and the other people at the cinema started cheering. Then we took our seats and I tried to watch the movie, which was impossible for the first 30 minutes. During the break the cinema brought us complimentary drinks. After the movie we took our friends out to celebrate.

After that we started planning the wedding. We have a date (July 6th), a venue and I have also found my wedding dress.

I wanted to share this story with you because it is one of the most important moments of my life.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I wish to all of you to find true love, and if you already have it, to cherish it.

P.S We will take all the videos our friends took from their phones and the original video that played on the screen and put them all together. I don't know when that will be, but I will share it with you.

Until then, here are some pics.

I am on the right and my sister is on the left

Last edited by Lara Croft!; 25-03-18 at 22:08.
Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 20:37   #2
AntRaidsTombs

Aw this is soooo sweet!!! Congrats hun!!!
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 20:38   #3
HarleyCroft

That's wonderful!

You both seem like positive, great-looking people

May you have a long, loving and exciting life together
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 20:39   #4
MegaGamer

OMG this is SO cute. Congrats to the two of you!
MegaGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 21:20   #5
ANoDE
Golden

Oooooh! So awesome! I'm happy for the both of you
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 21:21   #6
irishhips

Congrats

wish I had someone but it too late for me
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 21:37   #7
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Congratulations to you both
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 21:51   #8
Sir Launcelot

What a neat way to propose. Wish you all the best in your marriage.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 21:53   #9
Trenton

Congratulations! I wish you the very best for the future!
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 22:07   #10
strawberry22

A very big congratulations
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote