Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 26-01-15, 11:04   #1851
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
Technically, they're both one game.
Technically yes, but technically not. I viewed them as two different stories.
First the main story and then the DLC story.
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-15, 11:22   #1852
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GaGa View Post
That game bored the hell outta me, I don't mind slow paced games but OMG was it slow paced. Season 1 was better in my opinion, I hope season 3 can improve on season 2. I really do like Clementine, she was a nice character to take control of.
Really? There were points where I felt like there was always so much going on that I just wanted them to slow down and take a break (when that scene came within the fenced area in the final episode, I was very happy).

I agree with Domino's comments though, and got the same ending myself I regret killing Kenny, he was such a fantastic character; but I panicked in the heat of the moment, and then was royally pissed at Jane when the baby was still alive. On that note, I think the baby was supposed to be the 'ray of light' here, although in a way you couldn't help but be negative about it I.e. seeing how difficult it is to survive for adults & kids, how will a baby make it through?

Overall a great season, there were a few bits that annoyed me in terms of characters being built up only to be killed before their arc could complete, but otherwise it kept me hooked all the same.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 02:25   #1853
Linoshi Croft

Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 08:21   #1854
PS3_Gamer

In the line of some indie games and the likes of Journey, The Unfinished Swan is a special experience, a game that looks and plays like a very few games. You start by splashing paint on the white surroundings to find your way in this maze like game. In each chapter the game plays a little differently and while some parts are a bit tedious and repetitive I loved some of the ideas, especially in the last two chapters. And I think that what I liked the least are the vines sections.

I know some people might hate it but if you're into that style of game it definitely has a couple of strong points even though it's far from perfect. I don't think it will ever figure in my top 15 or 20 games but I did have a few hours of fun with it despite it's short length.

The game is intuitive enough and you should know what you have to do rather quickly.

Recommended, yes, but not for everyone. I think there is a demo on PSN.

Last edited by PS3_Gamer; 01-02-15 at 08:33.
PS3_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 09:02   #1855
sackboy123

Resident evil Remaster
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 12:21   #1856
NSW pride

The Last of Us Remastered. For the first time.
NSW pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 13:09   #1857
Alex Fly
Inactive

Saints Row Gat Out of Hell. As good as The Third and 4.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 10:17   #1858
jarekhanzelka

Mmbleh. A few moments were real nice, but overall it was real boring.

In contrast...

I always thought DONTNOD would deliver a remarkably pleasant experience if they didn't have to invest any of their energy on designing a fun combat system and engaging platforming. And sure enough, Life is Strange is completely free of any combat or platforming, and it's a remarkably pleasant experience, with a wonderful indie rock soundtrack and an artstyle that accompanies it very well. And unlike Telltale's endless recycling of the same old formula, LiS's time rewind mechanism actually makes for a pretty refreshing enhancement of the gameplay. No silly QTEs either, lovely.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 14:34   #1859
Shark_Blade

The Wolf Among Us (PS4)

Amazing story. Decisions, decisions. Appealing characters. Dat twists and turns. Dat Noir New York look and feel.

4.5/5 <3
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 14:37   #1860
Nemo_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post

In contrast...

http://cdn.tentonhammer.com/sites/de...?itok=ntzMGoil

I always thought DONTNOD would deliver a remarkably pleasant experience if they didn't have to invest any of their energy on designing a fun combat system and engaging platforming. And sure enough, Life is Strange is completely free of any combat or platforming, and it's a remarkably pleasant experience, with a wonderful indie rock soundtrack and an artstyle that accompanies it very well. And unlike Telltale's endless recycling of the same old formula, LiS's time rewind mechanism actually makes for a pretty refreshing enhancement of the gameplay. No silly QTEs either, lovely.
I'm interested in this one. Might give it a shot.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote