Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 08-11-17, 01:55   #221
cornchild

Maybe this was already answered before, but why not use the big scorpion slot for the T-rex?
  • It also features a special animation for when Lara has low health and gets attacked by it.
  • It responds to all weapons.
  • The only modifications you would need to make would be to the slots vitality and maybe damage output.
cornchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 02:33   #222
Boobandie

For this project, yeah. It would make more sense to have the T-Rex in the SCORPION slot.

However I'm not sure one has already been ported to that slot. Most levels that use the T-Rex, as well as TR1 and 3, have raptors in it as well. The SCORPION AI is to attack other enemies before attacking Lara, which matches the raptor AI from TR3, so when the Raptor was ported to the LE it was placed in the SCORPION slot.

Also you would have to have a kill all enemies trigger before the pit with the T-Rex's in it so that it doesn't get distracted by any tigers, spiders, or crows the player may have left alive.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 05:29   #223
A_De

^ I've heard that if you use TRNG then you can set the OCB 33 for SCORPION to make it attacking only Lara. Didn't test that OCB though.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 08:01   #224
Tombraider95

Hmmmm so how would I go about changing it to the Scorpion slot. Surely it's not as easy as just copying it into that slot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
EDIT: I'm sorry if I'm (or we're) going off-topic, but this perhaps might help us both with those setups, since although we have very different projects, in the end it's still a TR2 remake
Nah it's all good. I want this to be solved and is still relating the project
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 20:38   #225
Kapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Hmmmm so how would I go about changing it to the Scorpion slot. Surely it's not as easy as just copying it into that slot?
I've never done this, but I believe you essentially have modify the T-Rex to mimic the behavior of the Scorpion. You'd need to study the Scorpions animations and replace them with corresponding T-Rex animations in the exact same order, and keep the exact same commands. But there would probably be additional setup necessary also.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 23:05   #226
sackboy123

Quote:

Nah it's all good. I want this to be solved and is still relating the project
I would test this just in case. I do a lot of modding and model swaps and sometimes doing this still makes the object work correctly, other times not so much.
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 01:51   #227
Uzi master

Quote:
Yeah I already have this scripting for it:

I just changed the state ID of those 2 animations you said and it now dies normally! yay! It's weird how only that can make it spazz out. It already had animations in both those slots.

However Lara can still kill it with ONE shot from below it's head with either the Shotgun or Magnum. When from a distance it should take around 8 shots. I still won't be able to give the player the Shotgun unless this is solved as otherwise it's a huge cheat really lol
You probably left the die command on one or both stun animations, the die command in an animation will kill an enemy even if its health is not depleted; that's how it was originally made killeable.

Incidentally, the die command doesn't kill enemies until the end of the animation, and if the animation doesn't finish they don't get killed by it. Since SETHA's idle animation never normally plays, It will always start doing something else, unless it's health has reached 0 and thus it's AI deactivates. I used that to get a working SETHA death animation using TREP. (Can make immortal enemies mortal, but not script the animations to be different)
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 14:11   #228
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
I've never done this, but I believe you essentially have modify the T-Rex to mimic the behavior of the Scorpion. You'd need to study the Scorpions animations and replace them with corresponding T-Rex animations in the exact same order, and keep the exact same commands. But there would probably be additional setup necessary also.
I ain't got time for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
I would test this just in case. I do a lot of modding and model swaps and sometimes doing this still makes the object work correctly, other times not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
You probably left the die command on one or both stun animations, the die command in an animation will kill an enemy even if its health is not depleted; that's how it was originally made killeable.

Incidentally, the die command doesn't kill enemies until the end of the animation, and if the animation doesn't finish they don't get killed by it. Since SETHA's idle animation never normally plays, It will always start doing something else, unless it's health has reached 0 and thus it's AI deactivates. I used that to get a working SETHA death animation using TREP. (Can make immortal enemies mortal, but not script the animations to be different)
I did have an extra die command which I deleted but it still dies with one shot from underneath with the Shotgun. Will just have to keep it as it is without the shotgun still after!

----------------------

I've been fixing a lot of stuff recently and hope to continue as much as I can to hopefully start Beta testing soon. I'm aiming for the end of the month but we'll see!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 15:33   #229
moodydog

It would be quite cool (if it were possible), when you get to the Maria Doria levels, if you have 40 fathoms as a hub area, and the wreckage is scattered across the seabed and you can explore them in any order
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 15:48   #230
Kapu

Quote:
I ain't got time for that!
It would be time consuming, but not particularly difficult, I think. Your game bruh. Do what you want.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote