Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 14-08-18, 20:32   #17471
Opaque79

Talking My best outside area

So I have finished this large area and I think it's the best outdoor area I have built.

Hope everyone likes it.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-18, 20:40   #17472
Wolf 7

^^

I agree, it's very nice the geometry, and the texturing too except in the second pic.
The floor looks kinda empty and repetitive, I would advise you to rotate or mirror textures and especially rising-lowering the geometry of the floor
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-18, 20:56   #17473
Opaque79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
^^

I agree, it's very nice the geometry, and the texturing too except in the second pic.
The floor looks kinda empty and repetitive, I would advise you to rotate or mirror textures and especially rising-lowering the geometry of the floor
Thanks. Just to note, some textures are missing because I haven't added stairs yet.
Old 15-08-18, 11:09   #17474
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
I already read that name somewhere ... Is that the Aod spiritual successor?
It's going to be a direct continuation of Tomb Raider: the Angel of Darkness, fully according to Murti's ideas and leaked documents. We want to get that TRAOD feeling as much as possible.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-18, 15:52   #17475
dcw123

Uber mega basic testing of some rooms.. hence the lack of textures or proper lighting. Some of these objects have static or movable lighting causing the inconsistency here - this will all be fixed.
I also have a strange glitch from the shine effect, as you can see on the save crystal.. again very WIP

This is a classic styled level set in Venice - kind of a TR2.5, using a lot of TR2 stuff, but enabling TR3 lighting, moves and general improvements..

After much debating on how to actually start off the level, I decided that Lara infiltrates the water treatment areas first, leading to the canals and buildings later in the level.. the dark, dank atmosphere will make Venice look much more pretty when she finally reached outside

dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-18, 22:54   #17476
Opaque79

With some tweaking...

Very nice large outdoor area but what to do with it?
Old 15-08-18, 23:23   #17477
klona
Golden

Looking good so far, Opaque.
At this point, you can start brainstorming for gameplay ideas. Ask yourself how the player is going to progress through the areas. You can add some obstacles like enemies in tricky platforming sections. I'm confident you can come up with clever original puzzles.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-18, 12:09   #17478
tomb2player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
It's still alpha, incredibly empty and not even halfway done lol but I'm such an attention hoe I just have to post something from time to time:

(click to enlarge)
Why incredibly empty and not even half done? It looks nice and finished already.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-18, 14:10   #17479
sampiza

I'm loving all these screenshots , here's what i'm doing on editor now.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-18, 16:29   #17480
PedroTheGamer

Lightbulb

also after a long phase in the One Room Challenge this is ''SEACH IN THE LOST GOLD HAND'' with mansion included, this is phase 2, level 1 and only a prologue of the mansion to look for the jeep keys and you arrive here.

It's a small level,just,to get to the temple, to stay at night, also your gasoline ends up preventing you from using the jeep, you only get one later.

Last edited by PedroTheGamer; 18-08-18 at 16:38.
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote