Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 12-07-17, 09:17   #21
Lara_Fan1

I heard that they only had the geometry of the Crash games but not sorcery code at all so all three games where built from the ground up.

But I agree, I'd love them to remake Spyro. It needs to happen, Spyro was the childhood for millions along side Crash. It'd be a waste to not do it.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-17, 11:41   #22
Quebsenuef

So I joined the First Four Figures Fanclub. For those of you who don't know they're the people behind the Crash Bandicoot PVC Statue (which I managed to snag!) and they have just released a Spyro the Dragon Statue! It looks gorgeous and really is almost identical to the Spyro 1 cover art.

With that being said, I've been a part of the club that's been pushing and pushing for more Spyro stuff and it seems my prayers have been answered! The Crystal Dragon Statue has been announced today (Remember those greenish dragon statues from Spyro 1 that the dragons were trapped in?) and it'll also be in high quality resin. I've pushed for a more affordable PVC statue of Spyro as well. The difference between PVC and Resin that anyone really cares about is the price. The Spyro Resin Statue is going for around $300 while the Crash Bandicoot PVC is only around $80. HUGE price difference there. F4F is in talks with Activision on having a PVC Statue of Spyro from Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer Cover Art.

"Blah blah blah, Queb! What's this got to do with a Spyro Remaster?"
Well, I'm thinking that if all goes right with these Spyro Statues, added with the success of Crash Bandicoot NSANE Trilogy that this could open up Activision to a Spyro 1-3 Remaster/Remake Trilogy! I'm hoping at least!
If you LOVE Spyro and would like to score yourself a Statue feel free with the link up above! Support the little purple dragon from the 90's!
He's fantastic looking and all but I'll wait to see if he gets a PVC release where he's less than $100 like Crash is/was.

Good luck and positive thoughts to everyone out there foaming at the mouth for a Remaster/Remake Spyro Trilogy like I am

Edit: Oh, I've also requested a Lara Croft figure but I was turned down bc Gaming Heads owns the license to her and TR so if you want a Lara Croft Statue it'll have to be from Gaming Heads. I believe the ToO Statue is shipping soon for anyone who ordered that... whenever they announced it.

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 20-07-17 at 11:45.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 19:54   #23
HarleyCroft

Spyro! My first love

A remaster would be great for introducing the masterpiece original trilogy to young gamers today, but as a retro PSone gamer I don't find it necessary.. at least for another decade

The game play has aged phenomenally! Holding down square to charge everywhere saved so much time and I remember feeling like like a champ when I mastered it
The whole 'being too young to fly but being able to glide' feature gave the exact amount of freedom without needing a huge amount of space.
Spyro is so cute in the original trilogy gameplay! Even pixelated, he's much cuter than in the FMV-style renders of the covers.. or of the PS2 and onwards games.
The music! Ohh my god the music I don't know how that could be improved upon. The Fireworks Factory track is still number one on my workout playlist. Gets me so pumped The sounds effects are spot-on too!

So yeah, I could gush about those games in general forever but after replaying them for the first time in years a little while ago I can truthfully say they're still mesmerizing. I wouldn't say no to purchasing a remaster but they could hold off until at least the next generation console, it's aged so well
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-17, 20:01   #24
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Spyro! My first love

A remaster would be great for introducing the masterpiece original trilogy to young gamers today, but as a retro PSone gamer I don't find it necessary.. at least for another decade

The game play has aged phenomenally! Holding down square to charge everywhere saved so much time and I remember feeling like like a champ when I mastered it
The whole 'being too young to fly but being able to glide' feature gave the exact amount of freedom without needing a huge amount of space.
Spyro is so cute in the original trilogy gameplay! Even pixelated, he's much cuter than in the FMV-style renders of the covers.. or of the PS2 and onwards games.
The music! Ohh my god the music I don't know how that could be improved upon. The Fireworks Factory track is still number one on my workout playlist. Gets me so pumped The sounds effects are spot-on too!

So yeah, I could gush about those games in general forever but after replaying them for the first time in years a little while ago I can truthfully say they're still mesmerizing. I wouldn't say no to purchasing a remaster but they could hold off until at least the next generation console, it's aged so well
Agreed with everything you said!
You mentioned the Fireworks Factory music and I had to go and look it up for nostalgia purposes. I love that track too! Most of Spyro 3 was perfect in my mind. I love that game. The music was completely on point and I think it showcased the most beautiful levels in the first 3 games. Crystal Islands is still one of my favorite levels in design, color, and atmosphere. I LOVE that level. I'd live there if I could. I wouldn't like the flying beavers very much, though haha.
Midnight Mountain is my favorite hub. The theme music there is my favorite.

UGH NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD!
<...SYSTEM SHUTDOWN...>
Old 23-07-17, 21:56   #25
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Crystal Islands is still one of my favorite levels in design, color, and atmosphere. I LOVE that level. I'd live there if I could. I wouldn't like the flying beavers very much, though haha.
Haha, so true!
Spyro had some themed levels like fire, water, ice.. etc. but my favourite were always the zany, imaginitive ones like Crystal Islands! The colours and sense of infinity in that level.. ♡!

I also loved Charmed Ridge.. it was fairytale themed but still gorgeous and creative with its own spicy Spyro flavour (That level taught me cats have evil magic powers too )

The third game really solidified itself as a contemporary masterpiece. Even gimmicks that were popping up didn't detract from the experience (skateboarding had the potential to be cringe-worthy but that board handled like a dream! I also enjoyed the second playable characters to an extent, as they were each had unique abilities, were interesting to the plot and weren't overused)

Wheeee, a Spyro thread!!
Every single level from the second and third game were memorable and kicked ass!
The first game was great too but didn't take quite as many risks as the sequels. The series soon found its identity though
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-17, 21:13   #26
RAID

I'm positive SPyro will happen. But Tomb Raider 1-4 and MediEvil remastered for me pls.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-17, 13:07   #27
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Haha, so true!
Spyro had some themed levels like fire, water, ice.. etc. but my favourite were always the zany, imaginitive ones like Crystal Islands! The colours and sense of infinity in that level.. ♡!

I also loved Charmed Ridge.. it was fairytale themed but still gorgeous and creative with its own spicy Spyro flavour (That level taught me cats have evil magic powers too )

The third game really solidified itself as a contemporary masterpiece. Even gimmicks that were popping up didn't detract from the experience (skateboarding had the potential to be cringe-worthy but that board handled like a dream! I also enjoyed the second playable characters to an extent, as they were each had unique abilities, were interesting to the plot and weren't overused)

Wheeee, a Spyro thread!!
Every single level from the second and third game were memorable and kicked ass!
The first game was great too but didn't take quite as many risks as the sequels. The series soon found its identity though
Yeah! I think the more magical themed the level was the better. You mentioned Charmed Ridge and I couldn't remember what that level was. I had to google it and ugh, I love the look and feel of the level, but hate actually playing it. I can't remember why exactly. I remember dying a bunch.

I agree about everything you said with 3. I loved the side characters. Bentley was my favorite. Agent 9 was my least favorite as I hated the first person shooter side games with him. Skateboard racing was fun and in the right levels .

If I had to rank the Spyro games I would say 3>1>2.
I don't know what about 2 I didn't enjoy but I felt like it was the weakest of the series. I didn't enjoy Ripto as a bad guy. He was a twerp. I felt it was really short. I remember blowing through it quite quickly.
I loved some of the levels though. And the one main girl of the game was voiced by the same actress who voiced Ginger in As Told By Ginger and that was one of my favorite shows as a kid.
Old 25-07-17, 13:16   #28
Ceamonks890

Can't we just have a proper new game in the series instead, that's inspired by the PS1 titles? Because merely remaking old titles in HD which for the most part still hold up today and can be still easily obtained in their original form is boring

If these were genuinely terrible or mediocre titles that were getting remade and improved upon(ex: Metroid 2), then I wouldn't have any problems. But the Spyro trilogy is already good as is. So remaking them just seems incredibly redundant.

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 25-07-17 at 13:18.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-17, 13:21   #29
sackboy123

To you maybe but seeing Crash Bandicoot remastered and it was amazing so seeing Spyro have the same treatment to look more modern is just as welcome, also who could say no to trophy support as well, anything for a trophy collector like me
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 02:26   #30
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
To you maybe but seeing Crash Bandicoot remastered and it was amazing so seeing Spyro have the same treatment to look more modern is just as welcome, also who could say no to trophy support as well, anything for a trophy collector like me
I've always found trophies a bit pointless (though I have that drive to collect them) it would be great if when you collected 100% of the trophies in the game you got a code you could use on the playstation website and get a free little statuette (you only paying for postage).
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote