Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-08-14, 22:11   #31
Legend of Lara

The PS4 has amazing exclusive experiences like Omega Quintet. It is clearly the only possible option.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-14, 22:13   #32
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Quantium Break

omfg

That game looks amazing!
*Quantum Break is the reason why I may be getting ONE first
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-14, 22:37   #33
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniversarytr11 View Post
My pros list for Xbox One had listed Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break although Sunset Overdrive is a weird one. All the previous titles from Insomniac have been PS exclusive and SO even LOOKS like it should belong on a Playstation. I'm not saying it won't be great on Xbox One, it's about the only title on Xbox One that would persuade me to get it if I had the money for both consoles but the style of game is not common for Xbox. Xbox is famous for RPG's, action and shooter games. I'm glad to see Xbox finally bringing in some diversity, I just wish they used one of their own first party developers...
Insomniac, was basically screwed over by Sony. They've lost many of their characters to Sony, and that's why I think they went with MS.

The game looks amazing!

Quote:
Do you own a PS4? Because, I have used the touch pad many times and it is very useful for maps and web browsing, it works really well in some games where the developer bothers to use the touch pad in a cohesive way. That's like saying the touch pad/screen on most portable systems are gimmicks. "Gimmicks" can work to add to the gaming experience, LBP vita and Tearaway showed just how great the "gimmicks" of the PS Vita can be used. PS4 games like Killzone have used the touch pad on the dualshock 4 really well and the Tearaway PS4 remake will do the same as Media Molecule are stupidly talented at being creative.
I do own a PS4, and I found it pretty useless.

It didn't really add anything to Infamous: SS, when I played it. I did like the spray-paint aspect, with the gryoscope (I think?)

@DOPE If you want PS Now, you'll need to wait. It's currently exclusive to USA and Canada.

Last edited by Peterstar101; 15-08-14 at 22:42.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-14, 22:54   #34
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
If you want PS Now, you'll need to wait. It's currently exclusive to USA and Canada.
Nah, I'm not interest in it!
Old 15-08-14, 23:45   #35
Quebsenuef

This is my own personal thought, but when you ask for advice you generally have already made your choice and you're just looking for answers from peers to make you feel better about your choice because then it will be an educated decision.
And if they don't agree with you, then at least you checked.

In any case, my opinion... would be you should get the PS4 over the XBone.
Why? I feel like SONY and Playstation treats it's gamers better with their exclusives and hardware.. I feel like they care a lot more about their customers. I have never had a problem with a SONY device, be it a camera, MP3 player, Playstation, laptop..

And if I have had one, their customer service was pretty good! Not great, but pretty damn good.
My friends have had some rude customer service calls with Xbox 360 stuff...

Either way, pick whatever you think you should pick! Chances are, you already have the choice made up in your mind before you posted this thread, you just wanted to check and make sure it's the 'right' choice
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-14, 23:49   #36
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
This is my own personal thought, but when you ask for advice you generally have already made your choice and you're just looking for answers from peers to make you feel better about your choice because then it will be an educated decision.
And if they don't agree with you, then at least you checked.

In any case, my opinion... would be you should get the PS4 over the XBone.
Why? I feel like SONY and Playstation treats it's gamers better with their exclusives and hardware.. I feel like they care a lot more about their customers. I have never had a problem with a SONY device, be it a camera, MP3 player, Playstation, laptop..

And if I have had one, their customer service was pretty good! Not great, but pretty damn good.
My friends have had some rude customer service calls with Xbox 360 stuff...

Either way, pick whatever you think you should pick! Chances are, you already have the choice made up in your mind before you posted this thread, you just wanted to check and make sure it's the 'right' choice
What you think is my choice then?
Old 15-08-14, 23:59   #37
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
What you think is my choice then?
Wellllll I think you're leaning more towards the XBone.. which is totally fine! Get what you want to get!

I'm on a Sony Pony but I still support variety and if you like XBone, you're more than welcome! You'll hear no grief from me
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 06:30   #38
sandra croft

I would like out what exclusive games I would want from each consoles.

PS4
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
The Order
Rime
Bloodbourne
Infamous Second son
Everybody gone to rature

Xbox One
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Quantum Break
Fable Legends
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the blind forest
sandra croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 06:52   #39
Ward Dragon
Golden

Personally I lean more towards PS4 because it has better performance for multiplatform games and the exclusives seem more appealing to me.

But if you're really not sure yet and there's nothing coming out in the near future that you absolutely must play, then I think it's too early to make a decision. It's probably better to wait awhile for more games to come out first before you commit to a system. That way your decision will be better-informed, the console might be cheaper and you'll have more to play when you get it
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote