Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 27-06-17, 21:56   #1
OzzyOreo

Default Weird Pickup in Kazakhstan

So today I decided to play Tomb Raider Legend (which I completed in like 3 hours) and in the Kazakhstan level around the Tesla area, there are some dead scientists scattered around, and they have pickups next to them, they kind of look like swipe cards or something. Lara CAN pick them up, but I don't understand what they are even used for? We never use them in the game and you aren't even able to view them. Anyone know what they are? Did I miss something??? Were they intended on being used, since Lara can pick them up?
OzzyOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-17, 22:29   #2
JsotoTRSaga

Lightbulb Picking them up only offers additional dialogue.

Those are documents written by the unlucky scientists that died there trying to escape, scientists that worked in the carbonek project. If you look at them closely, you can tell they froze to death. Picking up those files is optional. Once you pick them up though Lara will start talking about it with Alister & Zip as if she had read it.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 27-06-17 at 22:34. Reason: Insight
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-17, 04:24   #3
Sir Launcelot

They also make good toilet paper in case Lara accidentally takes a jolt of electricity and makes hot wee-wee in her pants...

Lara picks up other stuff in the game that has no use, like when she finds a piece of her mother's jewelry in Ghana.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-17, 09:00   #4
Helegad

Well retrieving the pendant was the whole point of going to Ghana, and it certainly had a use in gluing Excalibur back together.
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-17, 22:08   #5
Sir Launcelot

^ No that was the pendant she got from the plane in the Himalayas. I meant the little thing she picked up in the tunnel in Ghana, not long before the last mercenary fight.

Although, that was a cutscene pickup, not a player pickup, now that I think about it.

What she got for Excalibur in Ghana was the sword piece she took away from Rutland after she kicked his ass.

Last edited by Sir Launcelot; 28-06-17 at 22:12.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-17, 23:02   #6
OzzyOreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
^ No that was the pendant she got from the plane in the Himalayas. I meant the little thing she picked up in the tunnel in Ghana, not long before the last mercenary fight.

Although, that was a cutscene pickup, not a player pickup, now that I think about it.

What she got for Excalibur in Ghana was the sword piece she took away from Rutland after she kicked his ass.
The Galali Key
OzzyOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-17, 11:54   #7
Revenge

Amelia lost a pendant in Ghana indeed, a purple one. We can see Lara pick it up at a moment when she lost contact with Zip and Alister. Richard gave the Ghalali key when he found it to Amelia as a replacement for that loss. Little did he know what it was really used for.
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-17, 12:53   #8
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
They also make good toilet paper in case Lara accidentally takes a jolt of electricity and makes hot wee-wee in her pants...

Lara picks up other stuff in the game that has no use, like when she finds a piece of her mother's jewelry in Ghana.
LOL!
Didn't she also take with her the useless ceremonial copy of Excalibur in Peru? Lara is like a crazy cat lady, but she's rich enough to travel the world and collect useless crap in ancient ruins.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote