Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 27-08-23, 04:28   #1
straychild

Default Where can I download programs today for classic TR Outfit modding and more questions

I just rediscovered my love for classic TR and with Sabatu's TR1 I wondered if it would be possible to insert a braid Lara into that game? My idea would be a TR1 Lara with braid and some tweaks. Some years ago I remember doing some outfit mods for TR2 that I unfortunatley never published and only used for my Aspyr version of TR2 which no works any longer ;_; (and which had some weird HD textures here and there by default XD) and unfortunately I lost all files including the progmas like TR viewer pld whatever and so on...

Can anyone please give me links to all programs needed for editing outfits/models in classic TR games? milkshape should work to edit meshes right?

Recently I saw some videos of TR1 on youtube, it was just someone playing the game including a Lara braid mod that was almost perfect. The braid itself looked the same as in TR2 and 3 and it did not look as thin and small as you would find it when searching for "tr1 lara braid mod" or something, do you guys know what mod this is? I did not save that videos either and can't find them right now :/

Last edited by straychild; 27-08-23 at 04:37.
straychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-23, 04:54   #2
mizuno_suisei

Hey!

Firstly the TR1 new braid function in t1main isn't related to level modding- it's a data injection so it covers all levels so not much you can do there sadly. Editing her headmesh in individual PHD files seems to corrupt the braid.

For everything else, Trviewer is your friend! Its the safest bet for doing what you asked. There are older versions on aspidetr but, Google search for "tombraiderforums sapper trviewer" I believe he did a quiet update here.

Fexmerger goes similar- but it's lIkelyness to save a corrupt level is pretty high. E.g.. Editing tr2 levels in fexmerger will render trapdoors inoperable

Mesh editing- most trle users use an older (free) version of Metasequoia it's a rather simple program! But great for editing smaller meshes up close and individually

You can find the download links for most of these here on TRF or aspidetr just be careful of *older* builds

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 27-08-23 at 04:58.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-23, 13:06   #3
perryloo

Tomb Raider Animated Braid Mod thread

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=227139
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-23, 23:39   #4
straychild

Hey thanks guys
@mizuno_suisei thanks for clearing it up a little for me, I did not know about those trmain projects but they look pretty cool, just downloaded tr2main ;'), problem is I'm playing with a mac and only use parallels, so I just can't get the setup to work atm, is it out of the box with barefoot and all?

If I can get any programs running, is it possible to insert an edited headmesh into TR2 and 3 at least?

I just read a little bit through the thread and you guys already thought about the possibility of adjusting her head Well I would not think of replacing her head just moving some vertexes, basically shrinking the hair and trying to add a simple strand of hair like larson's face has.

Last edited by straychild; 31-08-23 at 00:02.
straychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-23, 01:35   #5
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by straychild View Post
Hey thanks guys
@mizuno_suisei thanks for clearing it up a little for me, I did not know about those trmain projects but they look pretty cool, just downloaded tr2main ;'), problem is I'm playing with a mac and only use parallels, so I just can't get the setup to work atm, is it out of the box with barefoot and all?

If I can get any programs running, is it possible to insert an edited headmesh into TR2 and 3 at least?

I just read a little bit through the thread and you guys already thought about the possibility of adjusting her head Well I would not think of replacing her head just moving some vertexes, basically shrinking the hair and trying to add a simple strand of hair like larson's face has.
All of the current tr improvement patches (t1main, t2main, tr3 tr4 tr5 project/s are all definately native to Windows.
Most of them are edits to the original game exe + dll files. Sadly i really don't know anything about running Windows stuff on MAC I'm afraid! But I'm hoping for your sake, it's possible these projects are just random mods, they all contain many needed fixes, psxfeatures ported to PC etc.

Trviewer can let you import and export .trmesh files for individual meshes, so you can absolutely import them around between TR1234 level files at will
Obviouslt keeping in mind
-For TR1 and TR2 Laras meshes AND animations are inside the LARA object slot. you replace her body parts there.
However TR3 onwards, Her Animations are inside LARA slot, but her meshes are actually in a new slot called LARA TRUE APPEARANCE you place the new body parts there (ignoring LARA slot yet never delete this as it contains her animations.

I hadn't actually seen that link by perryloo. My mistake! It seems you CAN edit her head Mesh with the new t1main braid mod without vertex corruptions.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-23, 21:38   #6
Kasumi

SO basically, tomb1main braid gets attached to ANY model, and replacing her default one with one that already has braid gives her two braids, one animated and the other not. It should be possible to take a HD-ish model, remove the braid it comes with, and make sure the tomb1main braid gets attached to the right spot.
Kasumi is offline   Reply With Quote