Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 30-12-16, 17:31   #91
zdimension

Thanks! (I didn't see the new link :P) By the way, do you think it would be useful to add a WAD section to TRS? I mean, currently there are 2 (or more?) "specs": the one on TrSearch (which is technically just a C++ file containing struct defs) and IceBerg's PDF which is way more "complete". Putting that on TRS would allow people to edit it, etc (for example I've heard that MontyTRC (author of the new Tomb Editor) has made some discoveries in the WAD texture structures).
zdimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 01:16   #92
Lwmte

I think that WAD deserves its own chapter to be described. Why not? Only problem I see is TRS3 getting really bulky (and there are already proposals for PSX level file format chapter). I'm not sure if it should stay as a unified document or separated to several documents. While "Tomb Raider bible" concept is really attractive, it could be difficult to navigate.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 12:27   #93
zdimension

Maybe make a wiki instead? Editing pages would be easier, and it would certainly be less bulky. If you can install MediaWiki on the server or make a Wikia for that, I can "port" the old TRS file into wiki pages.
Old 01-01-17, 00:47   #94
Lwmte

Yeah, thought about it recently. I'm planning to add object listings for every TR game (cause there wasn't such listings except super-old original TRS1 and human-unreadable trcatalog.xml one). It would be ideal if there's any asciidoc->wiki converter, so we can do it automatically.
Old 01-01-17, 15:35   #95
Nicklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdimension View Post
Maybe make a wiki instead? Editing pages would be easier, and it would certainly be less bulky. If you can install MediaWiki on the server or make a Wikia for that, I can "port" the old TRS file into wiki pages.
Great idea !
Nicklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-17, 14:36   #96
Suikaze Raider

I revised TR1 Entity Types List and I found an error: Slots #20-22 should be something like this:

20 - Warrior (Flying) - Flying Atlantean Warrior.
21 - Warrior (Shot) - On-Land Atlantean Warrior. It shots. It requires Slot #20 (Warrior - Flying)
22 - Warrior (No Shot) - On-Land Atlantean Warrior. It does not shot. It requires Slot #20 (Warrior - Flying)

Note: Atlantean Warriors require slot #151 (Explosion Sprite) to perform explosion effect. In "City of Khamoon" level this slot is missing (In TR1 Gold Egyptian levels too), and for that reason, Atlantean mummies don't explode.

I did this table long time ago, maybe it could be useful:

Small & Big Egg Holders Flags (FexInspect):
00000-00 - Flying Warrior (No Shot)
00001-00 - Flying Warrior (Shot)
00010-00 - On-Land Warrior (No Shot)
00100-00 - Torso (No Shot)
01000-00 - Centaur Warrior (Shot)
10000-00 - On-Land Warrior (Shot)
11000-00 - Flying Warrior (Shot)

PS: In TR2/3 Script Language List still missing Italian and Spanish.

0 - English
1 - French
2 - German
3 - American
4 - Japanese
5 - Italian
6 - Spanish

Language ID is used in TR3 to show localized "Quadbike Track" & "Assault Course" strings. These strings are inside of game executable.

Regards
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-17, 16:11   #97
zdimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikaze Raider View Post
PS: In TR2/3 Script Language List still missing Italian and Spanish.

0 - English
1 - French
2 - German
3 - American
4 - Japanese
5 - Italian
6 - Spanish
I thought about that when I was writing my TOMBPC.DAT editor program, but I found no evidence of any script file using those values.
Where did you get that info from?
Old 08-01-17, 16:30   #98
Lwmte

Thanks, I have updated TR1 catalogues section, but left mutant egg OCB settings behind. I guess it's better to be put into TRWiki project which is currently in a start-up phase
Old 08-01-17, 17:05   #99
Suikaze Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdimension View Post
I thought about that when I was writing my TOMBPC.DAT editor program, but I found no evidence of any script file using those values.
Where did you get that info from?
First ones from the original script compiler (Leaked in a TR2 Gold German Demo) and rest ones checking TR3 "TombPC.dat" & "TombPSX.dat" files and testing different values with the try-error method English strings are by default. If German Language ID is set in TR3 the blood is magenta and not red.

You can see the strings in this image (From my TR3 Patch: Extra Secret Fix Tutorial)

PS: Two years ago I created my GameFlow: TR2/TR3 Script Compiler tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Thanks, I have updated TR1 catalogues section, but left mutant egg OCB settings behind. I guess it's better to be put into TRWiki project which is currently in a start-up phase
Welcome and thanks I started my own TR1 "Object.h" file recreation. Although the last sprites (Later of Symbol Sprites) are a chaos for now...

Download: TR1 Object.h Recreation (08/01/2017)

Regards

Last edited by Suikaze Raider; 08-01-17 at 17:13.
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-17, 17:43   #100
zdimension

The values "Italian" and "Spanish" doesn't work with the original GAMEFLOW tool.

EDIT: Also, the original TR2 Italian TOMBPC.DAT file has LanguageID set to English.

Last edited by zdimension; 08-01-17 at 17:44.