Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 03-08-17, 15:35   #1
Greenapple968

Talking European Club Football 2017-2018

I don't think this Thread is too early since we have now entered the month in which the Seasons start. This Thread is to be devoted to European Club Football, and I think the majority of our discussions are going to be about Premier League-Non League, Fa Cup, League Cup and Champions League+Europa League.

I have to say that I am getting fairly excited about the Premier League as there are quite a lot of "small" teams in the League who I'll really be rooting for; Brighton, Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth, etc. Sure, I'm not expecting them to set the League on fire but I would love to see those kind of teams get off to a good start and get into a nice rhythm and keep above the Drop Zone.

There is one thing I would like to declare which is probably going to leave some of you questioning my sanity. The thing I would like to declare is that I'm planning on betting a small amount of money on Swansea City to win the Premier League Title. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

Edit: I have now placed a bet on Swansea City to win the Title. I popped into my local Betfred Branch earlier today and made my bet.

Last edited by Greenapple968; 04-08-17 at 13:45.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 20:44   #2
Dazzy

Swansea to win the league???????? I would of gone for Bournemouth. Not sure what to expect this season, Man City have spent over 200 million on players, and also in this day and age, 1 player was sold to PSG for 200 Million, crazy money!

Last edited by Dazzy; 04-08-17 at 21:52.
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 09:47   #3
Mad Tony

Why are you betting on Swansea to win the league?
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 15:47   #4
Dazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tony View Post
I think he meant Man City, but he got distracted by a Swan in a sea somewhere, and went for Swansea City.
Old 06-08-17, 14:00   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
Swansea to win the league????????
Quote:
I knew this was coming.

Okay, let me explain.
My decision to bet on Swansea to win the League has been inspired by Leicester City. In 2014/2015, Leicester were almost Relegated but they managed to scrape excellent form together and stay up. Their form then continued into the following Season and they managed to defy all odds by maintaining that form and winning the League.
Last Season, Swansea were almost Relegated but they managed to scrape excellent form together and stay up. I am now hoping for lightning to strike twice and for Swansea to do what Leicester did; carry their form into next Season and maintain it. Because of that, I have bet a small amount of money on them to win the League.
Now, I'm not rubbing my hands together and expecting it to happen; the bet was mostly done for a laugh and was only a small amount of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
I think he meant Man City, but he got distracted by a Swan in a sea somewhere, and went for Swansea City.
Can't tempt you to bet on an underdog?
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 14:18   #6
Mad Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
I knew this was coming.

Okay, let me explain.
My decision to bet on Swansea to win the League has been inspired by Leicester City. In 2014/2015, Leicester were almost Relegated but they managed to scrape excellent form together and stay up. Their form then continued into the following Season and they managed to defy all odds by maintaining that form and winning the League.
Last Season, Swansea were almost Relegated but they managed to scrape excellent form together and stay up. I am now hoping for lightning to strike twice and for Swansea to do what Leicester did; carry their form into next Season and maintain it. Because of that, I have bet a small amount of money on them to win the League.
Now, I'm not rubbing my hands together and expecting it to happen; the bet was mostly done for a laugh and was only a small amount of money.
Leicester's win was a total fluke. The odds of it happening any time soon are incredibly low. Also, Swansea's form at the end of last season was nowhere near as sustained as Leicester's was a few years ago.

I guess if you bet just £1 then it's not so bad (although still a waste).
Old 06-08-17, 14:24   #7
RoseRaider

I'm a Chelsea fan but after our pre-season performances I'm a bit worried for the new season. Still, we've made some good signings but I wish that players like Matic and Chalobah had stayed. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Huddersfield do this season after their promotion
RoseRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 16:12   #8
Dazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Can't tempt you to bet on an underdog?
I'm not a betting man, a Swansea City winning the league bet is just darn right strange. Everton have a good chance of winning the league with the money they spent. They have Rooney too, they could challenge.
Old 06-08-17, 16:21   #9
Mad Tony

I wouldn't say Everton have anything close to a good chance. They'd be a very very outside bet though.
Old 06-08-17, 17:15   #10
Dazzy

Quote:
I wouldn't say Everton have anything close to a good chance. They'd be a very very outside bet though.
They have spent well, top 4 finish maybe.