Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 16-03-12, 22:47   #31
Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs270694 View Post
What do you think of the new Lara? I know its too soon to judge but make a guess based on what we've seen and known.
Exactly this. It's too soon. I don't have much faith in the new TR, anyway, since it looks gimmicky and from what I've seen they've kept interactive cutscenes, which I've always hated. I would rather the new game just have ambiguous continuity, as I'm of the opinion that Lara has never needed an origin story beyond what was in the manual of the original game. I always wanted to see her mature and grow, not naval-gaze or remain locked in a continuous loop. A continuity reboot is the equivalent of death to the old Lara and the birth of a new character, so I'm quite jaded at this point.

Quote:
In the end she might turn out as INTJ which makes sense seeming as though the 'old' Lara was something like this. Karl did say she would turn into the Lara croft we all know and love.
People can exercise functions which are normally less dominant in them if the situation calls for it, and test differently as well, so sometimes even under stress it's hard to judge MBTI type. I guess the true measure might whatever functions are dominant under normal circumstances.

I have another idea: Which MBTI types is Lara certainly NOT?
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-12, 17:14   #32
jhs270694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus View Post
Exactly this. It's too soon. I don't have much faith in the new TR, anyway, since it looks gimmicky and from what I've seen they've kept interactive cutscenes, which I've always hated. I would rather the new game just have ambiguous continuity, as I'm of the opinion that Lara has never needed an origin story beyond what was in the manual of the original game. I always wanted to see her mature and grow, not naval-gaze or remain locked in a continuous loop. A continuity reboot is the equivalent of death to the old Lara and the birth of a new character, so I'm quite jaded at this point.

People can exercise functions which are normally less dominant in them if the situation calls for it, and test differently as well, so sometimes even under stress it's hard to judge MBTI type. I guess the true measure might whatever functions are dominant under normal circumstances.

I have another idea: Which MBTI types is Lara certainly NOT?
Sorry for the long awaited reply, been busy. Plus that is a hard one as i have to analyse every single mbti type and contrast it to her personality (what little we know of it). i'll edit my post later on to answer your question (have to think about this).

Shes not ISTJ, they're too bossy, working routinely, organised, very judgemental, take care in their physical experience (talking from experience), help me out on a few? theres loads of MBTI types

Last edited by jhs270694; 20-03-12 at 23:34.
jhs270694 is offline   Reply With Quote