Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-09, 15:56   #21
Verdilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
Also, we are running out of unused levels for TR3 - only 2 more left now. In fact, there are very few unused levels left in all the games except TR1, TR4 and AoD. And most of the ones left are the boring ones - I can't imagine anybody wanting to participate in an OSC featuring Caves of Kaliya or The Mastabas. Hmmm, maybe after the 100th OSC, we can simply start reusing the levels.
Hey, what's wrong with Kaliya? I find that the Tony battle is quite good for screenshots. I do agree that we should be able to reuse levels from time to time, though. Perhaps there should be a rule that says you can reuse a level provided a certain amont of time has passed since it was last used?
Old 09-09-09, 17:00   #22
Mad Tony

I think what Mytly said about reusing levels once we've reached 100 is pretty good. I think some of the levels were used in the OSC competition before I even joined, and that was 3 and a half years ago!
Old 09-09-09, 17:34   #23
Apofiss

Just to specify this idea... Can re-use a specific level after -100 levels have been used- period. So right after 100th OSC one would be able to use ANY level used before 100th's OSC, ONCE within a period of the next 100 levels. And so on; after 200th ( ... ), again one would be able to use ANY level used before, one time again.
Old 09-09-09, 17:51   #24
Survival

Sounds good to me
Old 09-09-09, 18:40   #25
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdilet View Post
Hey, what's wrong with Kaliya? I find that the Tony battle is quite good for screenshots.
What? Like the one you provided for the screenshot captions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apofiss View Post
Just to specify this idea... Can re-use a specific level after -100 levels have been used- period. So right after 100th OSC one would be able to use ANY level used before 100th's OSC, ONCE within a period of the next 100 levels. And so on; after 200th ( ... ), again one would be able to use ANY level used before, one time again.
That sounds like a nice arrangement
Old 09-09-09, 20:10   #26
Verdilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
What? Like the one you provided for the screenshot captions thread
Yeah, that's the sort. I've got quite a few of them, actually, which I've been saving for a Caves of Kaliya OSC when it comes up.
Old 10-09-09, 09:38   #27
lara croft TR

I hate this level...

Old 10-09-09, 17:45   #28
Mad Tony

Here's my entry

Old 10-09-09, 18:56   #29
Mytly

Great entries Mad Tony and lara croft TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdilet View Post
Hey, what's wrong with Kaliya? I find that the Tony battle is quite good for screenshots.
Okay, the Tony battle is not bad ... but the rest of the level is just identical dark tunnels, with the occasional boulder or snake. Not really what great screenshots are made of.

If you do intend to choose Caves of Kaliya for a future OSC, then go ahead. But there might not be a lot of participants. For example, the lowest point in OSC history was the one featuring Deepsea Dive (one of the dullest TR levels ever) - only 3 participants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apofiss View Post
Great idea! That way we can reuse levels, but not all at one go, so the unused ones won't be completely neglected.

We need to come up with ideas for something spectacular for OSC 100!
Old 10-09-09, 19:02   #30
Cristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
Great idea! That way we can reuse levels, but not all at one go, so the unused ones won't be completely neglected.

We need to come up with ideas for something spectacular for OSC 100!
How about to chosse a screenshot from any tomb raider game in OSC Nš100?
Closed Thread