Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 23-02-18, 20:01   #1
charmedangelin

Default Just beat this game for the first time

I just finished this game and I have to say that this game felt more like Tomb Raider than the main serious CD TR games. The LC games are just something else I tell ya, the puzzles, the traps, the tombs, the exploration and the fun combat that isn't frustrating and your not pinned down in forced battle sections. There is so much freedom that I feel in the LC games that I just don't get in the main CD TR games. Anyway, great game, now onto LC ToO.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 20:30   #2
NoahCrofRaider

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and I think you'll enjoy ToO.

It makes sense that the LC games are better than the reboot ones, because I'm pretty sure they enjoy making the LC games more than the reboot ones in some ways.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 03:16   #3
Mickybyrne20

I just smashed threw Guardian of Light because this thread reminded me I got it free on Xbox 360 games with gold like 4/5 years ago. It's very well crafted and PROOF that CD choose to make the reboot with tombs and puzzles as a second thought. You're right, it was a blast. I literally just smashed the whole game in one sitting. #Ineedalife
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 14:34   #4
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I just finished this game and I have to say that this game felt more like Tomb Raider than the main serious CD TR games.
I guess you'll now understand where I'm coming from with me wanting them to continue the LC series and preferably in a more ambitious manner
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 19:07   #5
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
I just smashed threw Guardian of Light because this thread reminded me I got it free on Xbox 360 games with gold like 4/5 years ago. It's very well crafted and PROOF that CD choose to make the reboot with tombs and puzzles as a second thought. You're right, it was a blast. I literally just smashed the whole game in one sitting. #Ineedalife
It's a brilliant little game .
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 21:28   #6
Athukraz

It's the only TR game I haven't played. Hopefully I will soon. I enjoyed Temple of Osiris and some people say this is even better some say Temple of Osiris but I don't care, I know I'll enjoy it.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-18, 22:42   #7
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
It's the only TR game I haven't played. Hopefully I will soon. I enjoyed Temple of Osiris and some people say this is even better some say Temple of Osiris but I don't care, I know I'll enjoy it.
You're missing out on a true gem the game is freaking awesome , and I'd even pick it over ToO . I'm a complete sucker for Egypt which looked too sexy in ToO , the soundtrack was also perfect , but other than that ? I think GoL has the upper hand .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-18, 09:45   #8
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
You're missing out on a true gem the game is freaking awesome , and I'd even pick it over ToO . I'm a complete sucker for Egypt which looked too sexy in ToO , the soundtrack was also perfect , but other than that ? I think GoL has the upper hand .
Just finished GoL yesterday finally! It was a nice game indeed but I prefer Temple of Osiris
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-18, 22:22   #9
thomasrobson03

i finished GOL for the first time last summer in one sitting it was a great experience but not something i want to replay any time soon. The final boss caused me too much stress
thomasrobson03 is offline   Reply With Quote