www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-07-18, 07:10   #61
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Adventure for the sake of adventure also destroyed the series slowly till reboot! And the new games aren't Uncharted clones that's an opinion you have.

You want things to be simple no wonder why you are a fan of LAU.
Yet you like 2013, the most simple and easy game in the entire franchise, and the "Adventure for the sake of adventure" didn't destroy the series, lots of people wish for it back and I have never heard anyone claim that.

Also so its "Coincidence" 2013 suddenly has cover shooting and regen health, like Uncharted, just like how it coincidentally has lots of modern trends?
Old 17-07-18, 07:11   #62
Princess_Paige
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yet you like 2013, the most simple and easy game in the entire franchise, and the "Adventure for the sake of adventure" didn't destroy the series, lots of people wish for it back and I have never heard anyone claim that.

Also so its "Coincidence" 2013 suddenly has cover shooting and regen health, like Uncharted, just like how it coincidentally has lots of modern trends?
The most simple and easy is Legend.
Old 17-07-18, 07:14   #63
Aikon
Historian

Quote:
I think developers should be free to do whatever they want! And so far they probably know if they do this "oh that's not TR!" if they suggest that idea "oh no that's not Lara Croft!" i think they could and should do things more brutal if they want to make things brutal.
No, just no. What's even the point?
There is something called respect. Thus they have to respect what the franchise was, and should always be.

Look at Assassin's Creed. Origins is so far from the first game (in every possible way) that I wonder why the hell it has Assassin's Creed in its name.

In the same way Tomb Raider should always be a damn adventure, platform and puzzle solving game.
Horror and brutality have nothing to do with Tomb Raider and Lara herself.
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 07:20   #64
2001LC20

Quote:

That's an opinion you have. It isn't the most simple and easy you are just fanboying like you always do.

I can clearly say that the new games are modernized TR games after playing the last two and looking at Shadow.

I am super interested for Shadow! For A LOT OF reasons it's not just a colorful place to be explored.

TR was destroyed because it didn't make people interested anymore each games sales were dropping one by one and Anniversary didn't even sell also no body was really talking about the games before reboot they were nothing compared to 90s popularity. Till reboot whether you accept it or not it made people interested.

Here comes "because reboot copied the trending games!"

Last edited by 2001LC20; 17-07-18 at 07:31.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 07:24   #65
Vaskito
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
The most simple and easy is Legend.
The most easy is definitely Underworld :P
Legend's bosses were a pain to me the first times I've encountered them back then (now it's easy pie)

Also @Samz, just as Tr2013 is a "copy" of Uncharted, so was Legend a copy of Prince of Persia's trends
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 07:31   #66
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
The most easy is definitely Underworld :P
Legend's bosses were a pain to me the first times I've encountered them back then (now it's easy pie)

Also @Samz, just as Tr2013 is a "copy" of Uncharted, so was Legend a copy of Prince of Persia's trends
How did Legend copy Prince of Persia? I'm not familiar with that series.
Old 17-07-18, 07:43   #67
Vaskito
Professor

Quote:
How did Legend copy Prince of Persia? I'm not familiar with that series.
Most of Legend's platforming is really similar to what PoP made earlier
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 14:08   #68
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Nope! That's not interesting, i am saying devs shouldn't have boundaries to innovate to try something new and more powerful! Copying GTA is not interesting nor innovative.
Yamatai could have been a HELL!
Or there is a child falls from the top of church and dies in the Tsunami scene! And they showed it. It's more powerful engaging and impressive. You need to innovate try new things take things to the next level if you want to make people interested enough to buy the game.

Adventure for the sake of adventure won't be interesting after a while.
If they want to make you get all in touch with your feelings maybe they should make a f***ing movie instead of a videogame? They're 60% there already, which is why it's not really impressive with all the s**t they throw at us. I don't give a f*** about the child, I've seen plenty of effed up things in videogames before, and when it comes down to it; the reboot plays it pretty goddamn safe. Nothing terribly shocking in it so far. They're just always behind on the trends and just copy whats done before.

We'll see about the writing in this one. Most likely it sucks like the last two, but I can't say for sure until I've played it. With a "end of the world" plot I don't see them picking up the pace.

I'd pick an adventure game over a cinematic story driven game any day. Very few games are good that way, and Reboot Raider is no exception.

Last edited by Legends; 17-07-18 at 14:09.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 14:17   #69
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
If they want to make you get all in touch with your feelings maybe they should make a f***ing movie instead of a videogame? They're 60% there already, which is why it's not really impressive with all the s**t they throw at us. I don't give a f*** about the child, I've seen plenty of effed up things in videogames before, and when it comes down to it; the reboot plays it pretty goddamn safe. Nothing terribly shocking in it so far. They're just always behind on the trends and just copy whats done before.

We'll see about the writing in this one. Most likely it sucks like the last two, but I can't say for sure until I've played it. With a "end of the world" plot I don't see them picking up the pace.

I'd pick an adventure game over a cinematic story driven game any day. Very few games are good that way, and Reboot Raider is no exception.
Yep, but you CAN also make a good game that plays with your emotions, like Silent hill 2, unfortunately that requires good writing and not having gameplay undermine the story or the other way around.
Old 17-07-18, 14:23   #70
2001LC20

1)Calm down! Lol hold your horses!

2)I didn't say they did good so far quite good for a video game but could be better which Shadow promises, that child and of course child sacrifices

3}It doesn't have anything to do with a movie or more cutscenes or rather a cinematic experience.

4)Play an adventure game instead then! No one forces you.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote