www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-07-18, 14:28   #71
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
1)Calm down! Lol hold your horses!

2)I didn't say they did good so far quite good for a video game but could be better which Shadow promises, that child and of course child sacrifices

3}It doesn't have anything to do with a movie or more cutscenes or rather a cinematic experience.

4)Play an adventure game instead then! No one forces you.
Yeah, I'll play an Adventure game like Tomb Raide-...oh..........

TR was already Niche and there are very few similar adventure games like it (Really only two Indiana Jones games as far as I'm aware) and if we're talking about the Acrobatic combat then I think the only other similar game is that one Ghost in the Shell game for the ps2 and MAYBE stretcing it, Mirrors Edge 1 and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds, hence why I'm so annoyed they became a Cinematic Third Person shooter. (That is IMO a terrible game regardless)

This isn't like the Shooter Market where there are tons of them.

Last edited by Samz; 17-07-18 at 14:34.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 14:32   #72
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yep, but you CAN also make a good game that plays with your emotions, like Silent hill 2, unfortunately that requires good writing and not having gameplay undermine the story or the other way around.
Yeah, like The Last of Us, and even Uncharted to some extent. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying that "Tomb Raider" suck at it.
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 14:44   #73
2001LC20

I am not even talking about gameplay! But the story the setting character etc. I am saying they should be innovative! They shouldn't say "this is not very TR(or LC) we can not do it!" "we can't show this!" they shouldn't have boundaries! They should take risks try new things not Go explore a beautiful place take the artifact save the world kill the bad guy save the princess and everlasting happiness! (Only some simple examples)

Shadow looks super interesting so far! I am very hopeful for what they are doing. Same thing should go on after the trilogy.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 14:45   #74
Samz
Professor

Quote:
I am not even talking about gameplay! But the story the setting character etc. I am saying they should be innovative! They shouldn't say "this is not very TR(or LC) we can not do it!" "we can't show this!" they shouldn't have boundaries! They should take risks try new things not Go explore a beautiful place take the artifact save the world kill the bad guy save the princess and everlasting happiness! (Only some simple examples)

Shadow looks super interesting so far! I am very hopeful for what they are doing. Same thing should go on after the trilogy.

1)Calm down! Lol hold your horses!

2)I didn't say they did good so far quite good for a video game but could be better which Shadow promises, that child and of course child sacrifices

3}It doesn't have anything to do with a movie or more cutscenes or rather a cinematic experience.

So Point 4 there doesn't exist?

Also they have been the exact opposite of Innovative this entire time.

For Crying out loud Shadow's premise is TR4, but in a Jungle like those two levels of Underworld everyone likes ,but now ITS DRAMATIC AND CINEMATIC WITH CHILDREN DYING TO TUG AT YOUR HEART STRINGS!!!!

oh yeah and they stole Far cry and batman's takedowns, because thats what I want in a TR game.
Old 17-07-18, 14:56   #75
2001LC20

The gameplay is just modernized imo yes easy but super fun at the highest difficulty!
But again i wasn't talking about the gameplay! Reboot brought so many new things to the series which did adventure for the sake of it so far. But of course you don't agree i am not expecting either.
I am quite sick of games not trying anything as if they can't do because "they are games they should only be for fun i rather watch a movie or read a book"
I don't want to lose interest in this series ever again.

The new games are adventure games lol if they are just cinematic experiences to you then play an adventure game you think it is.

Last edited by 2001LC20; 17-07-18 at 14:58.
Old 17-07-18, 14:56   #76
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I am not even talking about gameplay!
Quote:
Well, you're clearly mixing it up a bit.

Their focus seem to be to try to shock us with stuff instead of giving us quality gameplay, and for some people that seems to work or be enough. Good writing is paramount for this type for storytelling, and a child dying doesn't automatically accomplish that.
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 14:59   #77
Samz
Professor

Quote:
The gameplay is just modernized imo yes easy but super fun at the highest difficulty!
But again i wasn't talking about the gameplay! Reboot brought so many new things to the series which did adventure for the sake of it so far. But of course you don't agree i am not expecting either.
I am quite sick of games not trying anything as if they can't do because "they are games they should only be for fun i rather watch a movie or read a book"
It got gamers BECAUSE it was "Modernized" as you'd like to put it, which isn't ,its a completely different type of game now, LAU was "modernized" with the removal of Tank Controls and making Lara more mobile, and even then that's debatable.

Also I played 2013 at the Highest difficulty, I died barely more because it was that easy, Hard mode in 2013 is what Normal should have been and I don't consider disabling my Health Regen in a game built around it in Rise (since enemies hit you the instance you pop out of cover,because the game is that poorly designed they have to resort to stuff like that.) a good challenge, and the replacement (or supplement) Bandages break Rise MORE because the game has "Grace periods" when Lara gets heavily hurt where you normally can't be hit for a second, so just use your upgraded bandage speed to bandage up during it, I can literally finish every fight with one guy left by charging him and stunlocking him with the axes.

Also games that are just trying to be fun aren't nesseribly "Not trying" anything, if anything 2013/Rise are because they just copy popular games, slap a brand on it and make the gameplay just a little similar so the average non-gamer won't notice and profit.

Tomb Raider 1 was an innovative game, that only tried to be fun, it practically invented its weird "Survival horror/Adventure/platformer" mix genre that very games are in to this day.

Last edited by Samz; 17-07-18 at 15:04.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 15:07   #78
2001LC20

Look the last two did good or bad is COMPLETELY subjective! And i am still NOT talking about the gameplay!
Story, setting, character(s) also how well using the Maya mith and implie it to the game and story.... Taking new approaches with them and so on.
Shadow looks very very promising and interesting so far and i want them to continue taking new approaches trying something new and(or) interesting after the trilogy!

Last edited by 2001LC20; 17-07-18 at 15:21.
Old 18-07-18, 11:29   #79
SoraSakai

Quote:
Look the last two did good or bad is COMPLETELY subjective! And i am still NOT talking about the gameplay!
Story, setting, character(s) also how well using the Maya mith and implie it to the game and story.... Taking new approaches with them and so on.
Shadow looks very very promising and interesting so far and i want them to continue taking new approaches trying something new and(or) interesting after the trilogy!
Hey!
I'm the one that gets into big stupid fights!
You stole my thunder :P

But I love my dark dark Lara and my cheesy Lara so I agree with everyone's point lol
Why we fighting?
We all want the same thing.
A good game ^.^
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote