Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 20-10-18, 19:29   #701
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Giveaways are strictly against kickstarter rules.
Yeah, TRS did get into trouble for it, but it probably did help boost pledges a bit and not everyone whose decision to pledge may have been affected by it would have withdrawn their pledge after the giveaway was cancelled. (That being said, I'm not sure if it really was that big a factor. I find it hard to believe that someone who wasn't interested in pledging to begin with would've done so just because there was a slim chance of winning an iPhone. If anything it made a few people who were always going to pledge pledge a bit more than they otherwise would have.)

Last edited by Zebra; 20-10-18 at 19:31.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 19:39   #702
Conz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I think many people may have also used up a good chunk of their Tomb Raider soundtrack enthusiasm on the TRS Kickstarter. If Peter's campaign had been first and Nathan's second, I could see things being the other way around. And from what I remember, TRS also did seem to get more of a push from official social media accounts and stuff.

It sure is a shame that this isn't doing better. I would love to hear a proper orchestral recording of Peter's TR4 and 5 work.
Hi,

There is probably a truth in what Zebra states, it’s why we had to delay our project as, at the time, back in February, everyone assumed TRS would’ve been done and dusted soon after, so we re-announced ours in Aug and, as fans are now still waiting, I’m sure this has had a huge effect on our campaign but, as many have stated, it is beyond our control and we shouldn't have to suffer as a result of the handling of TRS as we are in no, shape or form involved or affiliated with TRS whatsoever.

I’m still hopeful it will be a success

Cheers,
Peter
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 20:38   #703
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
Yes but its not only The Angel of Darkness, Chronicles and The Last Revelation too
Apparently so, but that wasn't so obvious to me at first. Perhaps if this part of the project had been more accentuated in communications and coverage, people would have looked at it differently. To me it was "Angel of Darkness soundtrack re-recorded" and I didn't realise 4 and 5 were going to be included until I took a closer look. Had this been something in the lines of "TR4 and 5 soundtracks performed by a live orchestra recording, coupled with a re-imagining of the Angel of Darkness soundtrack" sort of thing chances are this would have done better, as people would be keen on having a complete set of TR1-3 soundtrack recordings and TR4-5 soundtrack recordings.

Maybe if this doesn't work out this time round the project could be "reimagined" the way I described and then attempted once more in the future.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 07:20   #704
Potkanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Maybe if this doesn't work out this time round the project could be "reimagined" the way I described and then attempted once more in the future.
Which leads me to a question: If this, god forbid, does't get funded, do we have any chance of giving it another shot later? Or is this too much of a unique opportunity that won't come again? (I can't imagine how much work goes into it and how difficult it is to "simply try again later".)
Potkanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 08:43   #705
Putai

I think it's pretty clear the KS is about the soundtrack of the THREE games, not only TRAOD. People not having that impression hasn't paid much attention, I'm afraid.
Also I want to reinforce the idea we should not make Peter pay for Nathan's sins, after he had to delay his KS campaign from February to October because Nathan was supposed to release before, and he didn't.
Not to mention that, again, TR official media are doing a poor job of promotion, which is a comparative grievance of what they did with Nathan. They are doing it bad, and they started late. If this fails, I'm pretty sure who'll be to blame.
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 09:13   #706
Brendanlovesu1

if this fails it will be because people haven't pledged because they either don't know about the project or don't want to commit to another kickstarter which has the potential to be delayed

I've tweeted about this everyday and shared it among all the Tomb Raider facebook groups

I don't know how I can promote it any further. It's good to see the official accounts are finally promoting it but we need to do more
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 20:45   #707
larafan25

I feel like this needs a promo twitter acc... it has less than half the support the other one had...

we need to come up with something quick
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 21:25   #708
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I feel like this needs a promo twitter acc... it has less than half the support the other one had...

we need to come up with something quick
We have twitter, Facebook, Instagram and tumblr
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 21:44   #709
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
We have twitter, Facebook, Instagram and tumblr
Is the twitter tweeting?

They should follow a bunch of people.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 21:46   #710
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Is the twitter tweeting?

They should follow a bunch of people.
We actually have more followers on Twitter and FB than TRS.
https://www.facebook.com/trdarkangel
https://twitter.com/tombraider_DA
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote