www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 21-05-18, 22:48   #1
Lara Coft Baby
Relic Hunter

Default Lara's Dairy

So I got this idea to make a Lara Croft Diary from a thread on this forum some where. But mine is going to be a physical one and mainly for my cosplay. I'll probably end up putting up some of the entries online but at a later date.

So firstly I was searching etsy and found this gem (Click me) and I was like i'm not sure if this will be worth the 25usd. So I thought it over for a week and I messaged the seller asking if it was in english as well. Well she had put it all into a word document so I could translate it myself. So I was like yes! I'm like what the heck its 25 bucks I can afford it. So I bought it and downloaded it. And this is so much fun to make!! I translated the whole thing, took about a week and I started photoshopping the entries together.

Here are some of those entries:
http://wanderingstarresource.net/wp-...018/05/001.jpg
http://wanderingstarresource.net/wp-...018/05/002.jpg
http://wanderingstarresource.net/wp-...018/05/003.jpg
http://wanderingstarresource.net/wp-...018/05/004.jpg
http://wanderingstarresource.net/wp-...018/05/005.jpg
http://wanderingstarresource.net/wp-...018/05/006.jpg

Then I had the idea to make young Lara entries... But THEN I wanted to combine the reboot Lara in there too. SOOOO! I finally decided to make my own bio and timeline of Core Design Classic Lara, Crystal Dynamics Lara and Reboot Lara. I want you guys to tell me what you think.

Click me for the Plot line

Last edited by Lara Coft Baby; 22-05-18 at 18:46.
Lara Coft Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 11:11   #2
Alex Fly
Legend

Sounds and looks good so far!

Unfortunately the Etsy link doesn't seem to work if you don't have an account there (can't see the page, instead I have a loggin page and that's it).
Old 22-05-18, 18:47   #3
Lara Coft Baby
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Sounds and looks good so far!

Unfortunately the Etsy link doesn't seem to work if you don't have an account there (can't see the page, instead I have a loggin page and that's it).
Opps sorry I posted the wrong link that's why. I updated the link for it, try it now.

I am also looking for some writers to help me with this project. I've contacted a couple people but they were unable to help at the moment. So if any one is interested in writing some entries please PM me about it.

Thanks.
Old 23-05-18, 14:38   #4
Alex Fly
Legend

Oh I see it now, interesting.
Old 24-05-18, 02:43   #5
Lara Coft Baby
Relic Hunter

So here is the first couple entries I wrote for the diary. Its when Lara is around 10ish and on her way to her trip in the Himalayas.

Let me know what you guys think. If you think I should add, change or remove some thing.

Quote:
Day 1 - Age 10
My name is Lara Croft, I am 10, father gave me this diary for my birthday. Fathers been absent lately, off on his archaeology expeditions. I tried to get him to take me with him... But he told me mum has been planning this trip to the Himalayas for months. I don't want to go on skiing trips, I want to go digging for ancient cities and lost artifacts.
Quote:
Himalaya's Trip - Day 1
Mother and I have finished packing for our trip. I still wish father was coming. I told him I didn't want to go. I'd rather stay home fro my school break. But father insist it'll be good for me...

I just left the manor and on my way to the airport. I've got a strange feeling. I told mother and she tells me it's no more then my fear of flying. I've flown before this seems different.
Quote:
Himalaya's Trip - Day 2
Mum has called me a brat because I stayed in the cabin and refused to go skiing. She managed to get me to go, I had fun. I still miss father though. I called him before leaving, it was the only way mother could get me to budge. He says he might be close to the lost city of Valcabamba. I wish I could be there to discover it with him
Quote:
Himalaya's - Day 7
I have been having too much fun on this trip. I am grateful father talked me into this trip. I wish we could stay longer, but school starts up again soon. Mother says we must leave first thing in the morning.
Old 24-05-18, 06:15   #6
Kivlov
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Coft Baby View Post
Then I had the idea to make young Lara entries... But THEN I wanted to combine the reboot Lara in there too. SOOOO! I finally decided to make my own bio and timeline of Core Design Classic Lara, Crystal Dynamics Lara and Reboot Lara. I want you guys to tell me what you think.
It's nice idea to try combining all events in one universe and time line, but it's hard to do this - some inconsistencies will always remain.

Also it's quite hard to believe that Lara was 45-46 in Legend/Underworld. Maybe you could lower her age in Rome and VCI to get lower age during Legend/Underworld as a result.
Old 24-05-18, 09:20   #7
Lara Coft Baby
Relic Hunter

Thanks for th advice, this is just a rough draft. I will rework it and see if i can fix it.

And mind sharing some of the inconsistencies? Maybe i can figure a work around.
Old 24-05-18, 10:46   #8
Kivlov
Student

Quote:
Thanks for th advice, this is just a rough draft. I will rework it and see if i can fix it.

And mind sharing some of the inconsistencies? Maybe i can figure a work around.
Well... The most bright inconsistence is related to Lara's parents. In the classic universe they both are alive and together - we even can see them in TR5. Therefore, when you're combining the classic universe with newer one, you're forced to just throw out this fact. Also in LAU trilogy - her farther was disappeared in Cambodia (or was killed by Natla as she said) and her mother dissappeared in an unknown world dimension, when activated the artifact (maybe dead). But in the latest games her mother died in a plane crash.
Old 24-05-18, 15:28   #9
Lara Coft Baby
Relic Hunter

Very valid points, now for the purpose of my diary, that will mostly be for me and my cosplay. My "fan fic" follows more of a combined idea.

Course if any one wants to download my diary when it's finished they can change it to fit their idea of Tomb Raider. But how i invision it for me is this.

As you read from my plotline link above Laras mother dies when they take a trip to the Himalayas. And laras father is killed by trinity. But he was, misdiagnosed as schizophrenic, so its assumed he killed himself. (Keep in mind this is basically a fan fiction im creating here) and i was keeping in that her mother didnt die in the crash as lara had originally thought but, like legend was sent to avolon.

For me this feels satisfying, but hey perhaps thats just me. Like i said its mostly a fan fiction here im writing and its still a work in progress. Im changing as i go. Does this seem like it could possibly work for you maybe?

I could still use some good tips and ideas.

Edit
And yes your are correct, for the purpose of my "fanfic" diary i do have to ignore and throw out some of the facts to make it work.

Edit 2
And btw i like the idea of her parents being gone better as it molds her into the lara i need her to be later on. If that makes sense.

Last edited by Lara Coft Baby; 24-05-18 at 15:43.
Lara Coft Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-18, 16:29   #10
Kivlov
Student

Quote:
For me this feels satisfying, but hey perhaps thats just me. Like i said its mostly a fan fiction here im writing and its still a work in progress. Im changing as i go. Does this seem like it could possibly work for you maybe?

I could still use some good tips and ideas.
I'm not sure yet. It's better to see the final result at first. In general I have nothing against a fan fic. Especially if all events will be logically grounded and connected with each other in a proper way.

Quote:
Edit 2
And btw i like the idea of her parents being gone better as it molds her into the lara i need her to be later on. If that makes sense.
I agree. For me search for missing relatives is more adequate motive than a banal revenge (if they were killed). Moreover search can be a good reason for constant adventures.