Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 30-09-08, 09:31   #1
VirG

Default TRL And New File Format

Hola Folks,

I would like to know if anyone has details regarding the format and structure of the TR datafiles. I am primarily interested in the bigfiles. However, I am also interested in the user data files. Essentially, I am looking for the data structure and internal layout of the data files.

Someone mentioned having a C++ class for extracting data. Does anyone know anything about this?

Lastly, after reading several posts in the forums, it would appear that there are structural differences between regional bigfiles. Is this the case? What are the differences between the different versions of a particular game, say TRL for example?

I'm a C++ programmer and I want to make a tool that allows me to mess with the files that are reflected in the game.

Things have changed a *lot* since the last time I did this.

-V-
VirG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 18:35   #2
badboy70

Hey

Maybe you can contact the authors who made the extracting tools. There's a thread with my tutorials on this page, you can go to the Credits page and click on the authors so you ca contact them easily
badboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote