Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 27-08-17, 19:37   #191
Tombraider95

Thanks for the replies peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabi View Post
I really like what you have posted so far.
Looking forward to the release.
Thanks you...

Small update

Thanks so much to LGG_PRODUCTION for creating the Lara's home outfit. It looks fabulous! I also have the updated Classic/Sola outfit too, so the models are now final. This means I can start recording the cutscenes and edit them together as an FMV.

The other models in the cutscenes will most likely still be the older versions which is a shame but I can't redo models myself So only some objects and the environments will be updated, and Lara of course.

Hopefully recording and editing the cutscenes won't take too long as I would like to release this part in time for the 20th Anniversary. I can't promise the same day, but around that time

I've also made some good progress with Lara's Notebook. Inspired by Uncharted, I've tried to create it with writing and photos as if Lara's collected it altogether after each level. I won't show that though as it'll be best for when you play the game.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-17, 21:03   #192
Titak

Looking good!

You may want to change some normals though.
Lighting looks off on her chest, face and shoulders.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-17, 19:33   #193
Jedu
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
She's look pregnant
Jedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 14:07   #194
laralives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedu View Post
She's look pregnant
She's pregnant with a baby dragon.

In reality, I think it's a combination of flat textures and lighting. But the basis of what the outfit should be is most definitely there!
laralives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 18:04   #195
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Looking good!

You may want to change some normals though.
Lighting looks off on her chest, face and shoulders.
Thanks! I only noticed when you pointed it out

I've used this program and even the option in STRPX but it makes no difference it seems.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=158135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedu View Post
She's look pregnant
Who says she isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralives View Post
She's pregnant with a baby dragon.

In reality, I think it's a combination of flat textures and lighting. But the basis of what the outfit should be is most definitely there!
I'm happy as it's better than what I had... which was nothing
Old 01-09-17, 20:31   #196
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Thanks! I only noticed when you pointed it out

I've used this program and even the option in STRPX but it makes no difference it seems.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=158135
Did you use the automatic recalculate options?
If so and the issue is still present, you may need to adjust them manually by exporting the normals version of the MQO (only editwad can that) and adjust them in Meta.
Tedious job, but it makes the lighting on her look sooo much better.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:58   #197
Mani_Man

I have absolutly neglected this part of the forum so far, there is no excuse for that. XD

The project looks really nice, im rooting for you and wish you good luck for that.
I will keep my eyes on this.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 12:07   #198
sackboy123

This looks amazing, I'm so excited everything looks perfect
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-17, 21:20   #199
noname

This looks really great. You should use these high quality TR2 sound effects: http://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quali...nd-effect-wavs
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-17, 11:12   #200
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Did you use the automatic recalculate options?
If so and the issue is still present, you may need to adjust them manually by exporting the normals version of the MQO (only editwad can that) and adjust them in Meta.
Tedious job, but it makes the lighting on her look sooo much better.
Yeah I did but unfortunately it didn't seem to change. Meta work scares me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I have absolutly neglected this part of the forum so far, there is no excuse for that. XD

The project looks really nice, im rooting for you and wish you good luck for that.
I will keep my eyes on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
This looks amazing, I'm so excited everything looks perfect
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
This looks really great. You should use these high quality TR2 sound effects: http://www.moddb.com/mods/high-quali...nd-effect-wavs
Yes I am already using them (See the first post) Credited you.

~ Small Update ~

So after playing Nicobass' Demo of TGW, I had a look at my level and wanted to expand slightly adding a puzzle room section like he created in his. But with also playing games like Uncharted, I wanted there to be a bigger room with a puzzle to solve before you continue down into the trap sections. Also with more story from documents and the diary pages.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out because I've used objects I've never played with before for the puzzle which was fun. I have to say The Great Wall is easily my favourite level that I've done, compared to the repetitiveness of Venice

I've had a lot of issues lately with stupid things they aren't working all of a sudden. It really feels like I'm fixing the same bugs over and over again. It's really tiring. I love level building but am sick of fixing these issues as it makes me want to give up.

The Great Wall cutscene is pretty much done, all edited and fits well together. However I am having thought about leaving the other 2 cutscenes (why did there have to be 3 huge cutscenes in this first section?) and just having the original play instead.

I know it's not very ... "professional?".. but I just have no idea how to do those 2 cutscenes on my own. I've definately tried with how I did TGW cutscene, but it's not looking good, and it's stopping me from finishing this section. But hey ho, that's what happens when you try and do everything yourself

TGW cutscene works as the cult guy is the only "Old" looking model, as the level and Lara is all newer. However the other cutscenes would still be their older models, so it wouldn't look much different anyway But anyhow, I just wanna finish fixing and finalising the levels ready for testing and just leave those 2 cutscenes for now, otherwise I just won't get anywhere.