Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 14-01-17, 11:08   #111
Matie

I love how it looks both classic and new! I especially like the first screenshot, it sure looks fun to explore those baths.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 22:38   #112
DJ Full

I like you chose the concrete, underused in the original game.
I only have one hope. That these metal towers are climbable.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 23:15   #113
bigfoot

thanks for theses nices words .
Unfortunely not, these metals towers are not climbable but I assure you there will have a nice gameplay around it .
This bonus level will have nice surprises if players found the first 7 secrets in levels 1 and 2 with more weapons and treasures .
bigfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 00:06   #114
ThiagoTR

Looking great Sylvain...
I love your style and I can't wait for play these levels

What about those Asian levels?
ThiagoTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 10:42   #115
bigfoot

Thanks Thiago .

About the asia levels ... well, I don't really know. My idea to finsih it was to retexturing it with a mix of Asia/steampunk and so conclude this asia levels and steampunk levels in only one adventure.

And "maybe" stop my levelbuilder career after that .
Building take to me a lot of time and I have a lot of personnals projects I want to do.
Old 15-01-17, 11:29   #116
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
And "maybe" stop my levelbuilder career after that .
Building take to me a lot of time and I have a lot of personnals projects I want to do.
Another good reason for a new level editor.
TRLE is time consuming because of the ways it handles room creation and level building in general, hopefully with a new level editor the process could be sped up significantly (even if just by having the 3D view work faster, smoother and more accurately) and people will find it more pleasurable.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 17:24   #117
bigfoot

I don't think a new editor change something in my case .
I'ts hard to find a good story but also a good gameplay that we have never or not really seen.
For me building is not just create 3d rooms, put some objects and place a switch to open a door.
I like take my time to create landscapes like the mist lake in Bloody Sun or the giant cave in Summertime Sadness ... but also create gameplay around these landscape that can be original and fun .
But that take too many time .
Old 15-01-17, 17:42   #118
DJ Full

Organic landscapes are all handcraft so a new editor wouldn't help - but it could drop the room rendering system which requires a lot of time to navigate through. It's just so weird, they could use draw distance to avoid crashing. Other editors for HOMM3 or GTA2 are also from '99 but they allow to make a whole map in one chunk and I love them.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 19:42   #119
MegaGamer

Holy crap those screens are beautiful
MegaGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 20:57   #120
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
I like take my time to create landscapes like the mist lake in Bloody Sun or the giant cave in Summertime Sadness ... but also create gameplay around these landscape that can be original and fun .
But that take too many time .
I hope this is also the part of the process that can be sped up thanks to a new editor, but I guess I can't disagree on the "take my time" part. I too wish I could devote most of my life to TRLE, but that's just fantasies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
Organic landscapes are all handcraft so a new editor wouldn't help - but it could drop the room rendering system which requires a lot of time to navigate through. It's just so weird, they could use draw distance to avoid crashing. Other editors for HOMM3 or GTA2 are also from '99 but they allow to make a whole map in one chunk and I love them.
I think the room system was ironically made up to make level making easier. In other map editor such as the ones for Quake you have to make everything from scratch, floors, walls, everything, and having ready made rooms was a way to speed up the process of crafting 3D areas. Also, it was probably mainly aimed at making tombs, which by the usual definition are all enclosed spaces, straight edges, etc. By the time they realised they would want to have some outside and some hills, mountains, etc. in the levels the room system had already been decided upon, I suppose.

Last edited by Dustie; 15-01-17 at 20:59.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote