Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 20-09-14, 19:45   #11
Greatest TR

To me, Tomb Raider 3 is better due to that has a massive make over from previous two games.

I believe Tomb Raider 4 is the real Tomb Raider.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-14, 15:52   #12
sheepman23

TR3 is like the polished version of TR2. They used TR2 to experiment with the new urban settings, the human enemies, and the expanded arsenal and skillset, and then they took TR2's flaws into account when creating TR3.

As a result, TR3 is definitely the better title. However, TR2 holds a special place in my heart for being my first game of the series... and it is still phenomenal even though TR3 trumps it.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-14, 15:55   #13
Lara_Fan1

I prefer TR3 because it looks a lot smoother than TR2. It has better puzzles, longer and more enjoyable levels. Lara actually is in Tomb's a lot more than in TR2 and I prefer the storyline.

In fact, everything about Tomb Raider 3 is better.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-14, 08:22   #14
thabani33

Tomb Raider 3 for me. It's the only TR game where you can choose the order of which level you want to play, It has more vehicles than TR 2 (or any TR in fact) and it has beautiful exotic locations than TR2.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-14, 09:56   #15
Dustie

I would have to say either, because each TR is different and it's fantastic that you get that variety!

TR2 has a good setting in my opinion, in terms of the locations and the story of the game, it took me a while to appreciate it, I actually only realised how good it is and how it stood out against most other titles at that time a few years ago. It really was a high point for the series, with all the improvements from the first game. TR3 on the other hand introduced a variety of locations, which is what I really loved about it from the get-go - not to mention the amount of cutscenes!
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-14, 10:29   #16
peeves

The main reason i prefer TR3 over TR2 because every single level has it's beauty.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-14, 16:27   #17
Shirley_Manson

TR3. It's better in every way. Stunning locations with gorgeous vistas, almost makes you forget this game came out in 1998. The beginning of London area looks like it's from Angel of Darkness (2003). Also enemies are more varied, puzzles and traps more imaginative.
TR2 dragged on in some areas, and had too much block pushing and human enemies. But it's still a great game and the one that got me hooked on the series.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-14, 16:46   #18
michaeldt

I much prefer TR2 over TR3. Mainly because the level design was wayyy better in TR2 .
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-14, 17:19   #19
SoulReaver74

Not much to call between the two games, but TR III has me won over everytime, it's such a polished game by Core, and the previous two titles just set this game up to be something truly special which it is, and to think that it still looks amazing and evokes the same emotions in me as it did back in 98 really say's it all. Will take something truly stagering to out do the majesty of TR III, which i dont think is possible for me personally.
SoulReaver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-14, 19:02   #20
Caesum

I so much prefer TR2 over 3. I prefer both graphics and gameplay in this game. It was more varied than TR1 while still managed to mantain that clean design of the first game. When it comes to graphics I always felt TR3 tried too hard with all the colored lights. TR2 had it's own style thanks to black&white lighting. Also it's difficulty level was pretty much perfect, though to my liking there was way too much enemies. Still though, I'd choose TR2 over 3 any time. TR3 felt lacking in so many aspects.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote