Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-10-17, 11:33   #331
Lord Lulu

It could be in the execution. Have the same variables but different outcomes. Our differing perception also affects how we love or hate a character. So likely we will never really see eye to eye when it comes to any iteration of Lara Croft.

I see Classic Lara as more feminine than Reboot Lara. Sure Classic Lara showed more skin but that's not important. It's more about how she carried herself. She was about business but had fun doing it. She didn't let being a woman slow her down she embraced it. She knew guys found her attractive and didn't let that get in her way. Lara even flirted a couple times as I recall.

Reboot Lara has no room for fun, she was all business. Both games I didn't see her have any fun. In the reboot games being a woman never mattered, it was more about being a Croft. She knew at some point Alex liked her and she never gave any acknowledgment till he died. She never showed any sexual interest in anyone.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 12:02   #332
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Reboot Lara has no room for fun, she was all business. Both games I didn't see her have any fun. In the reboot games being a woman never mattered, it was more about being a Croft. She knew at some point Alex liked her and she never gave any acknowledgment till he died. She never showed any sexual interest in anyone.
But in all honesty: she only rejected two people, that doesn't make one an asexual. But you're perfectly right about the fun: Legend Lara often commented about how much she enjoyed what she was doing: 'it's like a set of stairs but less boring', 'meet a lovely pre-Incan civilization', 'look at her she's beautiful', et cetera. When the main character is enjoying the ride I'm enjoying it too. And neither of us enjoyed anything about the Treboot games...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 19:32   #333
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
But in all honesty: she only rejected two people, that doesn't make one an asexual. But you're perfectly right about the fun: Legend Lara often commented about how much she enjoyed what she was doing: 'it's like a set of stairs but less boring', 'meet a lovely pre-Incan civilization', 'look at her she's beautiful', et cetera. When the main character is enjoying the ride I'm enjoying it too. And neither of us enjoyed anything about the Treboot games...
I didn't mean for it to come off like that. I don't know how to explain. She sort of like she just wants to be friends and never looks at her options for romantic relationships. If that makes any more sense.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 19:41   #334
Mani_Man

Maybe because in both games survival seems more important.
She was shipwrecked on a island with lunatics, then she had to fight trinity to survive...that might interrupt all plans for a romantic dinner or a fun little expedition. XD
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 20:18   #335
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

I was surprised to hear that some people called Reboot Lara a lesbian and classic Lara an asexual. I've got nothing against either lesbians or asexual people but it's quiet a random assumption that doesn't have much of a backup behind it. If Reboot Lara's friendship with Sam made one think she's a lesbian, I have to disagree because it could mean either or. A lot of straight girls express their love for their friends in a more intimate way, with words or moves, unlike a lot of straight boys do. Like the expression of "bromance" between guys is different than girls, many girls can sometimes seem "too close" but still not lesbians with zero sexual attraction between them. So reboot Lara may or may not be a lesbian or a bisexual person (you know, the latter does exist).

As for classic Lara, she never showed much concern for love and marriage and that doesn't automatically make someone asexual. Life doesn't revolve around sexuality and emotions. Some people favor their work and self actualization more than relationships and let's not forget that the main focus of the classics was the adventure itself, not the secondary elements that won't affect the game, the story and the experience in any way, and let's also not forget the chemistry between her and Kurtis. Had Core continue their AOD trilogy, I think they might have likely started something official between Lara and Kurtis. Perhaps if Core remained in charge, maybe today we'd be playing as Lara's daughter just like how UC4 introduce Nathan Drake's daughter who may or may not have her own game in the future (since she seems quite interested).

I know this wasn't the topic, but since I saw people here talking about body shape, sexuality, realism..etc. I wanted to bring that topic which someone people on Twitter were discussing a while back.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-17, 14:02   #336
laracroftonline

Why do games need to be as realistic as possible i used games to just escape that part of my life since the reboots i get depression from tomb raider
laracroftonline is offline   Reply With Quote