Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 24-04-17, 01:37   #11
HD Simplicityy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GaGa View Post
Gamers who are Fanboys of classic game setups that cannot accept change and innovation for new gaming generations and improved technology.
Uhh what does this have to do with annoying gamers?
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 09:49   #12
Ceamonks890

Gamers who think a year of console exclusivity for multiplatform releases is a good idea and brag about it whatever chance they get. A notable example includes users whose usernames rhyme with PR Mama
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 14:20   #13
_Doppie_

First and foremost, low skilled and casual gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
My best friend for instance calls every shooter besides Arma "casual crap", even if these shooters are completely different and still require a lot of skill. And online I read things like "Kids play CoD, teens play Battlefield, but men play Arma", as if these games had that much in common besides being first person shooters with a war scenario.
He is a wannabe. The hardcore community know very well that slow-paced shooters are for teens and kids. Real men and women play fast-paced shooters.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 16:16   #14
Lara_Fan1

Gamers that think they're better than everyone else.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 19:41   #15
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
- Disconnecters - in Tekken, there are players who disconnect intentionally to avoid a loss. Quite a few players have been doing this for years, non- stop! Many times they go away during a match - they give up at the beginning and just send me hatemail every time. I cannot believe individuals like these play online games. Instead of getting better, they keep wasting their and my time. Why do they do this?
They do this so that the game won't save their stats and their KDR (or whatever it's called in Tekken) won't suffer. It's a pretty stupid thing to do and people who care about their KDR in online games have serious issues in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
Most annoying gamers?

The ones who set up forums dedicated to a single franchise and have the nerve to set up general chat, debate section, and technical support.
The nerve of those people! And those who join them!

...jk
Oh yes, they're the worst of all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Doppie_ View Post
He is a wannabe. The hardcore community know very well that slow-paced shooters are for teens and kids. Real men and women play fast-paced shooters.
Are you trolling?
I wouldn't say that. CoD is littered with kids and teens and it's the epitome of a fast paced twitch shooter. That's the other extreme and also nothing I enjoy to play. I like games like Halo that have more or less fast movement, but a high time to kill which in combination requires more skill than just shooting someone twice in the knee to kill him. But I wouldn't even call Arma primarily a shooter. It's a military simulation with a huge focus on tactics and only a very tiny focus on actual shooting and next to no focus on reflexes. I understand that some people might enjoy something like that, but it's just not my cup of tea. I don't even have a problem with slow paced games if the gameplay, controls etc. are intuitive and fluid. But the "Arma master race" acts as if Arma was the "mother of all shooters" as if all shooters ever are supposed to have clunky controls and slow movement. It's the equivalent of TR fans talking about GTA negatively because "Real 3rd person action games are supposed to have a complicated level design, puzzles and only a small focus on combat". Yes, TR and GTA are both action games, but they cater to different audiences.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 19:56   #16
JimbobJeffers

I'm not keen on gamers who feel the need to take sides on entirely subjective topics. Examples include PS4 vs Xbox, console vs PC, X game vs Y game - frankly Tomb Raider fans can be good examples of this with the petty Core vs Crystal debates - franchises, developers, etc.

Perhaps in part it's a need to defend the particular product you purchased so as not to feel like you wasted your money (gaming feels way more expensive now than it used to, thanks to deluxe editions, DLCs and MTX). Or alternatively a fear of being Angry Jack*. Whatever the case, I really hope things change for the better in the future, but I'm not optimistic about it.

*Side note, it's amusing how the very people this series talks about brigaded the videos, reacting exactly as the series said they would.
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 21:51   #17
peeves

Well there's this person on twitch named lukas and he annoys the hell outta me. Though I haven't saw him on a stream on twitch in a while. I remember back in january he got annoyed at me over certain opinions of certain games and those games were from 2004 to present.

Last edited by peeves; 24-04-17 at 21:53.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 22:06   #18
Tombraider95

People who say they're going to play a game and then purposely choose not to, even if you've bought the game for them as a present, that they then lend to their "friend" which is used as an excuse not to play.

Also anyone who likes Silent Hill 2
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 23:05   #19
Lillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
They do this so that the game won't save their stats and their KDR (or whatever it's called in Tekken) won't suffer. It's a pretty stupid thing to do and people who care about their KDR in online games have serious issues in my book.
I don't know what's KDR .You know whats funny? I meet these players in quick matches. Unlike in ranked matches, they cannot lose their rank, cause they do not affect ranks at all, and the win/loss ratio is hidden. There is literally no reason for rage quitting in quick matches, yet they still do it. So please explain that to me .
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 23:27   #20
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
I don't know what's KDR .You know whats funny? I meet these players in quick matches. Unlike in ranked matches, they cannot lose their rank, cause they do not affect ranks at all, and the win/loss ratio is hidden. There is literally no reason for rage quitting in quick matches, yet they still do it. So please explain that to me .
I think it's just the modern gamer is conditioned to win. Nothing is difficult anymore in games as most of them are easily played by casual gamers. That's fine but I think with that trend it tends to warp the gamers into only having fun through "Winning" and not actually "playing" the game. They can't stand to lose as it's not what they're accustomed to and therefore they won't accept it or don't know how to accept it.

"I always win in the single player! I'm GOOD! It's the game who is wrong! It's the other person who is cheating! It's lag!" etc... Any other excuse will work other than accepting the fact they've been beat by another player.

You see this in lots of gamers where they have their headset plugged in, they lost bad, yet they still talk about how "Everyone sucks" and it's everyone else's fault but their own.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote