Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 04-02-11, 18:52   #1501
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_maniac View Post
really thanks!
Your are wellcome.

You want to protect your model from changes by others?
No problem!
Move the file Generic_Item.mesh over my new program "ModProtector".
The result is a new directory with all data for XNALara. The mesh is protected against changes. A Readme.txt is generated.

Download Link ModProtector
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 20:09   #1502
Love2Raid

Thanks!
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 22:48   #1503
Matty-Croft

Hey lovely mates!

I have a little but annoying problem:

I'm trying to put my Lili Hair on a Lara Model, but when I try to scale the hair armature and I export it, when I reimport it back, it's not scaled!!!! It comes back in its original size!!! GRRR!

Thanks a lot in advance to everybody will help me!!!
Matty-Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 16:27   #1504
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty-Croft View Post
Hey lovely mates!

I have a little but annoying problem:
I'm trying to put my Lili Hair on a Lara Model, but when I try to scale the hair armature and I export it, when I reimport it back, it's not scaled!!!! It comes back in its original size!!! GRRR!
Thanks a lot in advance to everybody will help me!!!

Ich habe ein kleines aber ärgerliches Problem:

Ich versuchte, meine Lili Haar auf ein Lara Model zu setzen, aber wenn ich das Skelett der Haare in der Größe zu verändern und exportiere es, und importiere es zurück, dann ist es nicht in der Größe verändert!! Es hat wieder seine ursprüngliche Größe! Grrr!

Vielen Dank im Voraus an jeden der mir helfen kann!
Scale the hair inside XNALara follow this instructions .
Or:
Resize with Blender descript here .

See also Frequently Made Mistakes - 4 The MOD have a wrong size

Richtig so ist es leider.
Verändere die Göße in XNALara nach der hier beschriebenen Methode.
Oder:
Verändere die Größe mit Blender nach der hier beschriebenen Methode.

Siehe auch Häufige Probleme - 4. Das Modell hat in XNALara die falsche Grösse
Old 05-02-11, 16:55   #1505
AgentFalkan

Question

Hello, please help me!
I have read many tutorials on this forum but I still can't do what I want to do.

I would like to create a static (not poseable) model for XNALara, with a diffuse and a bump texture.
I ripped a revolver from a game (with 3D Ripper) so I have the model in OBJ format and its textures (1 normal texture and 1 bump texture for the whole model).
The OBJ contains 5 meshes (parts of the revolver) and each mesh has a Standard material (I applied it in 3ds Max).

Do I need Blender and all the ASCII-MESH stuff to display a bump texture on a static model in XNALara, or can I do it simply by editing the MTL file or applying bump texture to the OBJ in Blender or 3ds Max and then export it to XNALara?

If I need Blender, could someone help me with the correct versions of Python please? Because:
I've downloaded and installed Blender 2.49b and Python 2.7.1. However, when I start Blender, in the black windows it says: No Python found, only built-in modules are used. Blender says it is written with Python 2.6.2; but I can't found this version downloadable anywhere!

EDIT: oops, I've written this in a deutsch forum ^^" maybe someone could still help me?

Last edited by AgentFalkan; 05-02-11 at 17:03. Reason: Wrong thread?
AgentFalkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 17:27   #1506
daventry

Smile

I thought i could try something and it Almost worked.
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3393/95092820.jpg

I used the Shirt from Dizzydoil and streched the lower half downwards, then i tried to matched the Shirt with the Body and cut around the Neckline.

I Deleted parts of Alister, but i kept the Neck Piece Shirt.

Only Problem is, Alister has No Arms and i Need Arms if someone could make it please.

So, what do you think.

Original
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2725/79614195.jpg

Last edited by daventry; 05-02-11 at 17:51.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 18:12   #1507
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentFalkan View Post
EDIT: oops, I've written this in a deutsch forum ^^" maybe someone could still help me?
I would like to create a static (not poseable) model for XNALara, with a diffuse and a bump texture.
I ripped a revolver from a game (with 3D Ripper) so I have the model in OBJ format and its textures (1 normal texture and 1 bump texture for the whole model).
The OBJ contains 5 meshes (parts of the revolver) and each mesh has a Standard material (I applied it in 3ds Max).

Do I need Blender and all the ASCII-MESH stuff to display a bump texture on a static model in XNALara, or can I do it simply by editing the MTL file or applying bump texture to the OBJ in Blender or 3ds Max and then export it to XNALara?

EDIT: oops, ich habe dies in einem Deutschem Forum ^ ^ geschrieben "vielleicht könnte mir jemand denoch helfen?
Ich möchte eine statisches (nicht bewegliches) Modell für XNALara, mit einer Diffusen- und einer Bump-Textur zu erstellen.
Ich habe einen Revolver aus einem Spiel (mit 3D-Ripper) extrahiert. Jetz habe ich das Modell in OBJ-Format und alle seine Texturen (1 Diffuse Textur und 1 Bump-Map Textur für das gesamte Modell).
Das OBJ enthält 5 Maschen (Teile des Revolvers) und jede Masche hat ein Standard-Material (Hinzugefügt in 3ds Max).

Brauche ich Blender und das ganze .mesh.ascii Zeug um eine Bump-Textur auf einem statischen Modell für XNALara anzuzeigen, oder kann ich es einfach die .mtl Datei editieren um die Bump-Map hizuzufügen?
Hello,
the forum is the right one. English are ok. I make the translation to german.

You do not need Blender and the whole .mesh.ascii stuff You can edit the .mtl file. Look here
Code:
newmtl MaterialA
map_Kd texture_diffuse.png
map_Kn texture_bump.png
No Parameter !!!!! Use exactly map_Kn for the Bump-Map !!!!

Then:
  1. Make a new folder: XNALara\data\YourMod
  2. Copy the .obj the .mtl and all textures in this folder
  3. Test you model with XNALara
If you have no .mtl:
The tutorial are here.
Translation needet, i know.

Blender 2.49b and Python 2.7.1. works fine. I have used this version with installer. All Links are here.
BTW: Blender need not Python for the .obj importer or exporter Python are required only for the .mesh.ascii format .

============= German language ===================

Um eine Bump-Map zu einem Modell hinzuzufügen genügt notepad. Für ein unbewegliches Modell wird hierzu die Datei mit der Erweiterung .mtl editiert.
Code:
newmtl MaterialA
map_Kd texture_diffuse.png
map_Kn texture_bump.png
map_Kn ist für XNALara das Kennzeichen für eine Bump-Map (also ein Bild mit den Höhen-Informationen.

Die aktuellen Download Links für Blender, Python oder alle meine Skripte und Programme findet ihr immer hier.

Eine Anleitung, um unbewegliche Modelle im .obj Format für XNALara bereitzustellen ist hier. Vieleicht übersetzt es ja jemand freundlicherweise ins Englische

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Alister has No Arms and i Need Arms if someone could make it please.
[/B]
The thread for request are HERE

Last edited by XNAaraL; 05-02-11 at 19:47.
Old 05-02-11, 18:18   #1508
daventry

Unhappy

I have to Request Arms, i thought i could just ask here and have someone build in a Tutorial for me on How to Create Arms.
Old 05-02-11, 19:08   #1509
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
I have to Request Arms, i thought i could just ask here and have someone build in a Tutorial for me on How to Create Arms.
Ich frage wie man Arme erstellen kann. Ich dachte, ich könnte einfach hier fragen und jemand erstellt mir eine Anleitung, wie ich dem Modell Arme geben kann.
Then you're right.
Why you do not use the "bare" arms from a other model and make a combination (like your "Modding Art" model) ?
Maybe Chris by Italian_Utent?

Das ist was anderes. Dann bist Du hier richtig. Benutze einfach die Arme eines vorhanden Modells und erstelle eine Kombination.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 05-02-11 at 19:54.
Old 05-02-11, 19:55   #1510
daventry

Talking

I just put Girl Legs with Shoes on Alister, its Very Funny.