TheLostSecret

Talking

^
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 13:35   #122
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderJones View Post
Just need to figure out this popping effect when tracks end. Is this normal with the unmodified version of your rerender?
Are you referring to tomekkobialka's remastered soundtrack WAD found in the opening post? If so then yes, I just tested and there does appear to be a slight audible crackle/popping shortly after tracks end in-game.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 14:13   #123
LoreRaider

@RaiderJones that happens too on some TR3 fan made levels, so it's not your sound card
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 16:45   #124
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Are you referring to tomekkobialka's remastered soundtrack WAD found in the opening post? If so then yes, I just tested and there does appear to be a slight audible crackle/popping shortly after tracks end in-game.
Just game bug. ADPCM is not processed correctly (samples must be aligned or padded by 0x80 (not 0x00) bytes after stream construction). I maked the bugfix for that in one of my past patches.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 17:51   #125
RaiderJones

Is there a way to patch the vanilla/multipatch executable? T3's not yet supported by your patch, is it?
RaiderJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 12:08   #126
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Just game bug. ADPCM is not processed correctly (samples must be aligned or padded by 0x80 (not 0x00) bytes after stream construction). I maked the bugfix for that in one of my past patches.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Is there a way to patch the vanilla/multipatch executable? T3's not yet supported by your patch, is it?
Arsunt has released patched exe files for TR3 and The Lost Artifact. They can be found here. With these exe files, the game calculates correct aspect ratio and field of view automatically for true widescreen visuals.
Old 13-05-18, 07:07   #127
RaiderJones

Cool! Don't mean to sound picky, but is there one without the builtin widescreen and fmv fixes. I already have Peixoto's patch for that. Don't get me wrong, Arsunt's making good progress with his work but Peixoto has some features Arsunt's currently lacks (namely anisotropic filtering and xinput support).

EDIT: Actually I'm still experiencing audible cracks at the end of tracks with your patch installed. It mentions it's based on the Steam version, mine is GOG. Possible issue?

Last edited by RaiderJones; 14-05-18 at 07:32.
RaiderJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 19:02   #128
laravision

Quote:
Cool! Don't mean to sound picky, but is there one without the builtin widescreen and fmv fixes. I already have Peixoto's patch for that.
Not that I'm aware of. If you just wish to use Peixoto's patch, then currently there's no need to use Arsunt's TR3 patch.

Quote:
Actually I'm still experiencing audible cracks at the end of tracks with your patch installed. It mentions it's based on the Steam version, mine is GOG. Possible issue?
I'm no expert, but I doubt that is the case. Arsunt stated above, that the crackle is due to the audio samples not being processed correctly.
Old 18-02-24, 17:54   #129
AdenAvalon

The links for these mods unfortunately all appear to be down. Would be nice to use this with the remasters - does anyone have the OGG files still?
AdenAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-24, 00:00   #130
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdenAvalon View Post
The links for these mods unfortunately all appear to be down. Would be nice to use this with the remasters - does anyone have the OGG files still?
I did notice this a while back but you can still access them. Copy the download link URL and open it in a new tab. If your browser complains about security, or doesn't proceed with the download, then within the URL, add an S, so it becomes https. Now you should be able to download the file/s.