Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 05-09-18, 18:23   #10101
Kapu

Default @New Dwight

We can only speculate; the best way to find out is to put the gun in the game and see for yourself what happens.

It's a really good looking object, btw, practically photo realistic.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 18:35   #10102
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
We can only speculate; the best way to find out is to put the gun in the game and see for yourself what happens.

It's a really good looking object, btw, practically photo realistic.
I have, a similar one with more vertices (1900) in Mist Resurrection level and it had no problems.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 22:10   #10103
Titak

@ New Dwight:
Please resize the image. Max allowed size here is 1024x768.

The gun looks great, but I think 1066 vertices too much for such a small object. For this old TRLE engine anyway.
The engine moves vertices to integer coordinates and details get distorted, vertices melting together because of them moving, etc.
I think, when using it in the TRLE engine, the mesh could be simplyfied and then the textures can take care of the detailing.

I doubt it would cause crashes of the game, the actual vertice limit per object being 8192, but it might cause some (extra) lagging when used in a detailed large open area.
But even if it would not cause extra lagging, I'd still rather spend the vertices on some larger object(s) where the details in the mesh would be more visible. But that's just my opinion.

That said, I'd use it without hesitation if I were to use UE4 or some other more fancy engine.
Like for example in case Nicobass would release the assets of his TR2 remake and I'd get into using that engine. Details on smaller objects like guns are way more visible in that type of engine, so they are worth the effort.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 23:23   #10104
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
@ New Dwight:
Resized

Quote:
@ New Dwight:

The gun looks great, but I think 1066 vertices too much for such a small object. For this old TRLE engine anyway.
The engine moves vertices to integer coordinates and details get distorted, vertices melting together because of them moving, etc.
I think, when using it in the TRLE engine, the mesh could be simplyfied and then the textures can take care of the detailing.

I doubt it would cause crashes of the game, the actual vertice limit per object being 8192, but it might cause some (extra) lagging when used in a detailed large open area.
But even if it would not cause extra lagging, I'd still rather spend the vertices on some larger object(s) where the details in the mesh would be more visible. But that's just my opinion.

That said, I'd use it without hesitation if I were to use UE4 or some other more fancy engine.
Like for example in case Nicobass would release the assets of his TR2 remake and I'd get into using that engine. Details on smaller objects like guns are way more visible in that type of engine, so they are worth the effort.
I guess I'm just like: if it doesn't lag or crash it, use it.
Okay forgot what I said before, like you said, agree to disagree. I'm sorry.
Old 06-09-18, 17:43   #10105
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Resized
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
I guess I'm just like: if it doesn't lag or crash it, use it.
Okay forgot what I said before, like you said, agree to disagree. I'm sorry.
No need to be sorry.
We have different opinions and that's okay.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 19:52   #10106
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks.

No need to be sorry.
We have different opinions and that's okay.
thanks. Now I know ways to optimize objects for trle better suited should I make an object for meta.
Old 12-09-18, 01:24   #10107
New Dwight
Inactive

I've been having this glaring controller issues since upgrading to Win10, no trle game will detect my controller (joystick etc.) like it use to on Win7, any specific tools or drivers I need to use now for it to work?
Old 12-09-18, 06:47   #10108
ggctuk

If I were to come back to TRLE short-term, might finish up the Return to Egypt episode of my TRUB remake but also add in a couple of extras. I did a remake of "Return to Khamoon", an old level from way back when, in the same style as TRUB Revised V2.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 14:39   #10109
Kapu

Default @ggctuk

Sounds like a plan!
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 21:17   #10110
bekim

Is it just me or the LE community is kinda dying?
bekim is offline   Reply With Quote