Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-10-18, 16:53   #81
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Yeah, I was expecting TombShare to happen? I didn't see anything about it being dropped eventually...

Anyway, I guess that's a closed topic now.
I didn't drop the project. I dropped use of forum software to power the project. I'm back at the ideas stage again and there are alternatives in the works too. The landing page is up here.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 16:59   #82
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
I didn't drop the project. I dropped use of forum software to power the project. I'm back at the ideas stage again and there are alternatives in the works too.
Oh... OK. I guess when you're ready you will make a dedicated thread for it.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 17:01   #83
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Oh... OK. I guess when you're ready you will make a dedicated thread for it.
This is what I planned to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
I can only speak for myself, but ideas are always worth keeping. A lot of members wrote ideas for Tomb Share there - that is worth keeping.
Sure, I can appreciate this. I'll bring the thread back.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 03:56   #84
Kapu

Hey guys, I'm here to solicit ideas for TRLEhub. I've been working on object categories and I'm looking for suggestions. This is what I've got so far. Sorry it's just a crappy screenshot, I'm too tired and lazy to copy/paste/reformat.

I'm trying to keep things simple and concise. In other words, not too many categories, but enough to differentiate between different kinds of items. Like I want to avoid a "Doors & Switches" situation (why are these lumped together, TRSearch?). But I wonder, in my own list, if "Keys and puzzle items" should be merged with "Levers and switches?" Maybe "Keys, puzzle items and switches" would do? Also, I wonder about "Weapons and ammo" being merged with "Inventory and pickup items?" What do people want?

Also, in regards to animating/static decorations, do we want these broken up into sub categories? I think I'd prefer to leave animating objects as is...but I'm open to opinions on this. Also, what should be done about static objects? TRSearch breaks them down into Plants, Furniture, Building, Vehicle, and Other. For simplicity, I was thinking "Indoor" and "Outdoor" sub categories. Again, open to opinions!

EDIT: here's another crappy screenshot for fun. Not much to see but I refined the design of the navigation area and added a banner for each page for eye candy/breadcrumb purposes.

Last edited by Kapu; 01-11-18 at 04:05.
Kapu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 10:55   #85
Lwmte

I think overall layout of TRLEhub is really cool and modern, can't wait for actual site up and running!

Regarding banner, it's cool for tutorials, articles, etc, but for individual item pages I think it can be too much (but I suppose you'll use single banner for whole category anyway).

I can offer more simple way of categorizing items. We can differentiate between different object classes, e.g. Lara skins, puzzles, traps, NPCs etc, but for more detailed search I would suggest using tags. E.g., when one uploads Lara skin for cold areas, he just can add tags #antarctica, #cold, #longpants, #sweater etc. So when user will navigate through items, he will see a list of tags, and by clicking on any of it, he will jump to search results for this particular tag.

Of course, search itself should also allow to search within different tags.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 11:09   #86
Boobandie

The problem with tags though is that people write them themselves so they are liable to typos and synonyms, resulting in incomplete searches.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 13:06   #87
Dustie

Tags should be pre-defined like categories to avoid typos, they would just be available as a list to pick from. Further descriptions like "sweater" or such should just be part of the description from the author and search should look through these.

I would perhaps separate Key and Puzzle items...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 13:31   #88
Caesum

I agree that we should just create tags instead of many separate categories for same type of items, otherwise we may end up with categories that have only 1 or 2 objects uploaded but will take a lot of clicks to get to.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 15:25   #89
Kapu

I was planning on using tags, actually, so I'm glad they came up! I'd prefer to use a hybrid system of both tags and categories (like Lwmte has suggested), rather than replying solely on tags. For example, "Static objects" could be a category, but it's up to the author to define the objects with tags. Hopefully a few more people can offer their opinions on this!
Kapu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 04:49   #90
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
Hey guys, I'm here to solicit ideas for TRLEhub. I've been working on object categories and I'm looking for suggestions. This is what I've got so far. Sorry it's just a crappy screenshot, I'm too tired and lazy to copy/paste/reformat.

I'm trying to keep things simple and concise. In other words, not too many categories, but enough to differentiate between different kinds of items. Like I want to avoid a "Doors & Switches" situation (why are these lumped together, TRSearch?). But I wonder, in my own list, if "Keys and puzzle items" should be merged with "Levers and switches?" Maybe "Keys, puzzle items and switches" would do? Also, I wonder about "Weapons and ammo" being merged with "Inventory and pickup items?" What do people want?

Also, in regards to animating/static decorations, do we want these broken up into sub categories? I think I'd prefer to leave animating objects as is...but I'm open to opinions on this. Also, what should be done about static objects? TRSearch breaks them down into Plants, Furniture, Building, Vehicle, and Other. For simplicity, I was thinking "Indoor" and "Outdoor" sub categories. Again, open to opinions!

EDIT: here's another crappy screenshot for fun. Not much to see but I refined the design of the navigation area and added a banner for each page for eye candy/breadcrumb purposes.
Very good! But please don't forget my favorite section: the outfits!
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote