Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-11-18, 23:55   #11
Grimaldi

Croft Manor. I know it would be a big undertaking, but I’ve said it before, this is an end of an era. Signing off with something light hearted, nostalgic and at the heart of the series would be a lovely close.

Braid, shorts and duals. These aren’t essential to me, but I think when you’re actively promoting customisable and periodic DLC outfits, shorts (that two canon outfits already have), a braid (that they already worked on) and dual pistols (that have already been teased twice and were included in a cut ending) are an obvious option. All I’m asking for is the option.

A tomb entirely underwater. You know the submerged ruin in Kuwaq Yaku with the wide open area filled with piranhas you can’t explore but looks gorgeous? A DLC with that aesthetic, but fully explorable.

Chapter replay. I wish this was included at launch, but if they can patch this in, I’d still be pleased.

An exciting new enemy of any type, but something supernatural tied to the culture (like the nahual was meant to be) would be cool. Can you imagine if we got a side mission that lead to the “Croft Stamps Out Bigfoot!” headline?

The return of Isabela. She was one of the only side characters I liked, and think she’d work well with Lara.

Back to outfits, something reimagined from Underworld (jungle heavy or the casual explorer, he whispers fruitlessly) would make my day!
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 00:37   #12
E.Carnby

- Another Croft Manor memory section please.
- TR Underworld skin (I mean Lara's biker jacket or classic with pants at least, the game was also in Mexico).
- Predator mission with army encounter patrols (Trinity soldier, Kukulkan guard, Cenotes natives and mercenaries).

The game has most sophisticated combat system with camouflage and paradoxically does not fight encounter content. I want to enjoy the grenade launcher and other weapons without playing the whole story again and again. After completing first DLC The Forge, the grenade launcher was useless. Where are the respawned army patrols?!

Last edited by E.Carnby; 18-11-18 at 01:07.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 01:24   #13
ShutUpReyes

I would love if for the final DLC they did a massive expansion set in one huge tomb. Honestly DLC seems the perfect excuse to do a true classic experience. I don't know wtf CD were thinking with things like a bloody hoard mode in Rise.

And if this happens then goes the route of Uncharted 4 and Dishonored 2 and becomes a standalone expansion I will not complain.
ShutUpReyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 13:15   #14
TRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I have two wishes:
1) New Endurance Mode
2) Croft Manor dlc like Blood Ties

I just hope that they make at least one of those...
For some reason I do believe there will be a DLC with the Manor. Maybe just a wondering around it, with a few puzzles
TRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 14:47   #15
Jamise_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
The classic outfit as final DLC along with good tombs and crypts.

Oh and Crimson Fire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I have two wishes:
1) New Endurance Mode
2) Croft Manor dlc like Blood Ties

I just hope that they make at least one of those...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
More combat sections with humans. Crazy giving us so many combat upgrades and weapons when we can barely use them.

Also better story content.
All of this, thanks
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 17:17   #16
MilkShakespear

Crimson fire would be awesome!

Croft Manor, maybe bring Jonah (OR EVEN SAM??) to hang out and explore what Lara's done to the place (Post shadow, Lara's prepping for her next big adventure?)

Something character driven, rounding out the franchise, bringing back Joslin Reyes, Sam, Jonah...

FLASHBACK TRAINING WITH ROTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 18:38   #17
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkShakespear View Post

Croft Manor, maybe bring Jonah (OR EVEN SAM??) to hang out and explore what Lara's done to the place (Post shadow, Lara's prepping for her next big adventure?)

Something character driven, rounding out the franchise, bringing back Joslin Reyes, Sam, Jonah...

We were cheated out of Roth flashbacks! I would actually like to see Sam again in the manor. She can’t get herself into any trouble and I trust the writers to improve her friendship with Lara.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 21:33   #18
matrix54

The annoying thing about the lack of Croft manor is the fact that it’s already made. Port it (or the assets) over and modify them - instant fan service.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 22:00   #19
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkShakespear View Post

NO, a big no on Jonah or even Sam. A flashback story with Roth would be great, as Roth was the one that put Lara on this adrenaline fuel path.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 23:34   #20
tomblover

They really need to add Chapter Replay back in - both for your first playthrough and for the NG+ playthrough, equivalent to Chapter Replay Elite in Rise.

You could have the option in the menu, and when selected, the game prompts the player to choose which savegame they'd like to load their progress from.

Score Attack and Time Attack are fantastic modes to have, for tomb replays, but it's all the non-tomb story beats that I want to revisit, personally...

Aside from that, I would like Endurance Mode to return (with light puzzle elements borrowed from Cold Darkness Awakened ), along with a new counterpart called "Survival Mode" that's focused on arena-based combat and/or stealth gauntlets, probably like a mix of Remnant Resistance and Lara's Nightmare.

Where the actual side missions, tombs, outfits, weapons and skills are concerned - the content we know we're getting, so to speak, I have no preferences. More is more.

Last edited by tomblover; 18-11-18 at 23:38.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote