Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 09-01-15, 18:38   #21
darksoul

I'm jealous.

Everything looks way better, seems smoother and way more detailed (as far i saw in Youtube rofl) sadly people don't appreciate that and don't pay attention to the changes.

I find everything impressive, BESIDES; Lara's expressions, seriously, her face is flawless and she barely moves or show expressions like in the standard version, and her eyes doesn't show too much emotion :\ my only complain.
darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 20:28   #22
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
That still all boils down to graphics. Standard TReboot and DE Treboot are exactly the same game, only with the latter having shinier graphics. Obviously if I could pick one, it would be the DE hands down. But to claim that it's actually somehow a better game. I find that frivolous.
Come on, everyone is praising the PS4 version of The Last of Us but from what I've seen it's not such a big graphical improvement as TRDE, yet everyone likes on mocking that TRDE is the same game just with prettier graphics while TLOU HD is praised like it was a totally different game, though it's still the same, just in prettier. Of course, graphics aren't everything, but sometimes they're necessary for immersion and storytelling purposes.

Quote:
Not sure about PS3 and X360, but the MP is very smooth on PC now. It was outrageous at first, but it's working properly now. Also the several tricks to reach the enemy spawn area work on the next gen versions as well as far as I know.
Only a few of those tricks work as the DE doesn't have the skill DLCs, so you can't roll up steep slopes. Also, only on PC you can use cheat programs, which is even worse than abuse glitches.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 00:33   #23
Underhoe

Why I'd prefer the DE version is mostly for the framerate update (since I played the original on console), I can see why it could change the experience. Of course the added detail doesn't hurt either if it adds to the immersion.
Underhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 01:14   #24
Trenton

Quote:
Standard TReboot and DE Treboot are exactly the same game, only with the latter having shinier graphics.
Not entirely true as the DE has a different (and much better) Lara model than the original game. That's a design choice which improves upon the game.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 14:56   #25
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Better graphics also mean better immersion.
I would understand this if the leap was greater, but the two are really not that different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Come on, everyone is praising the PS4 version of The Last of Us but from what I've seen it's not such a big graphical improvement as TRDE, yet everyone likes on mocking that TRDE is the same game just with prettier graphics while TLOU HD is praised like it was a totally different game, though it's still the same, just in prettier. Of course, graphics aren't everything, but sometimes they're necessary for immersion and storytelling purposes.
I don't know about TLOU, but if the ramestered game is in fact just some graphics update then it doesn't deserve much praise either. And again, the shinier graphics change nothing about storytelling and barely affects immersion. Come on people, you act as if the standard version was some hideous atrocity.

Quote:
Only a few of those tricks work as the DE doesn't have the skill DLCs, so you can't roll up steep slopes. Also, only on PC you can use cheat programs, which is even worse than abuse glitches.
I have none of the necessary skills DLC and can still access more than half of the spawn areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Not entirely true as the DE has a different (and much better) Lara model than the original game. That's a design choice which improves upon the game.
In what aspect does it improve the game?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote