Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 14-03-18, 18:39   #41
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
So, you don't think the main plot points are similar at all?

I mean come on, the ending of Rise was basically the same as Tomb Raider's. Plus, they could of taken a completely different spin with the concept of immortality but instead they did the whole undead army thing again. Yes, they gave it a fresh coat of paint with a different 'myth' but it's essentially the same.
So lets see:
TR 2013 main plot: Lara needs to find a way to save her friends and find a way to escape from a cursed island.
Rise: searching for the Divine Source in Siberia.
Not the exact main plot.

The ending was similar: killing Mathias in TR 2013 and destroying Himiko corpse. Killing Konstantin in Rise and destroying the Divine Source.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 18:51   #42
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
So lets see:
TR 2013 main plot: Lara needs to find a way to save her friends and find a way to escape from a cursed island.
Rise: searching for the Divine Source in Siberia.
Not the exact main plot.

The ending was similar: killing Mathias in TR 2013 and destroying Himiko corpse. Killing Konstantin in Rise and destroying the Divine Source.
Exact was too strong of a word, I accept that. However, I stand by a large percentage of the games story is similar elements just reskinned. Even how the game is structured is similar to the first game...

Rise suffers from lacking it's own identity, the game for the most part plays the exact same as Tomb Raider (which is to be somewhat expected) but, on top of that the inclusion of similar story elements (...and essentially the same ending) makes it so much worse. There is very little in Rise that stood out and this is mostly down to the fact nothing made it unique as we'd seen most of it before.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 19:10   #43
JsotoTRSaga

They better introduce the dual pistols for the actual shooting formula not getting stale.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 20:08   #44
larrycroft777

Have you guys seen this UnrealEngine4 demo of TR 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Mu...youtu.be&t=280

Rise was so disappointing in game mechanics.

Maybe they should put less emphasis on story, and work a bit more on making the actual running, jumping, climbing and so forth more fun.

Why for example can Lara, in ROTTR, only pickaxe climb certain walls?

Why not some free climbing, some throwing ropes over things and so on?

ROTTR was too simple for me.

Last edited by larrycroft777; 14-03-18 at 20:10.
larrycroft777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 21:52   #45
just*raidin*tomb

While I love that demo, its far less free than ROTTRs mechanics. I think the current platforming mechanics are some of the best in any modern game.

A stronger ending and story. Rise was intriguing at first but its ending would have fallen so flat were it not for the post credits scene. Beyond that I cant complain about Rise much. I loved it.

Improve and update animations and update Lara's skill set with some new fun mechanics and maybe some supernatural enemies that are less humanlike. Something a bit more sinister and creepy would be pretty cool.

Also maybe some real puzzles that arent just physics based and require some thought and a bit if research into our invontory like the Croft Manor DLC. That was neat.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 14-03-18 at 22:00.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 21:59   #46
tombstone

I really hope they upgrade the animations, rottr had a lot of recycled animations like the running and jumping, hope the add more weight to them and make them less floaty.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 22:01   #47
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
I really hope they upgrade the animations, rottr had a lot of recycled animations like the running and jumping, hope the add more weight to them and make them less floaty.
Definitely agree. They were a bit too similar. Would be nice to see updated animations to reflect her becoming stronger and more capable.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 22:04   #48
Athukraz

I need to see her reattach her axes to her side after she's done using them instead of seeing them teleport there. Also sup with the bow/shotgun/rifle disappearing from her back when squeezing through tight places, some look like they would fit.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 22:27   #49
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I need to see her reattach her axes to her side after she's done using them instead of seeing them teleport there. Also sup with the bow/shotgun/rifle disappearing from her back when squeezing through tight places, some look like they would fit.
She did not had that problem in TR 2013. Donīt know why she had it in Rise.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 22:43   #50
Peep Show

I just want new/better animations, no copy-paste like in Rise lol.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote