Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 06-05-12, 19:35   #8021
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglion View Post
No it doesn't. Just finished looking at the demo. It only appears after you've started lighting your torch to show you how long it would take.
Watch the extended playthrough. The player goes past things that can be burned and the icon pops up even without Lara lighting it. It's fainter, but there. And as for the time it takes for something to burn, surely flames are a clue enough that you lit something or relit the torch.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:36   #8022
larafan25

Quote:
What makes you think that?

I still don't see it. Watched it a 4th time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I doubt you can kill yourself. They'll probably only let you ignite it from that spot.

Yeah, exactly.
In the final puzzle room you can kill yourself by lighting the barrels by the waterfall, you even see the icon appear.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:38   #8023
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Watch the extended playthrough. The player goes past things that can be burned and the icon pops up even without Lara lighting it. It's fainter, but there. And as for the time it takes for something to burn, surely flames are a clue enough that you lit something or relit the torch.
Which ones the final version then? The shorter demo fits their description of the icons decreasing as the game progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I doubt you can kill yourself. They'll probably only let you ignite it from that spot.

Yeah, exactly.
It's confirmed you can kill yourself like that in the very first magazines.

Last edited by leglion; 06-05-12 at 19:41.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:38   #8024
Rai

Larafan, yes, in the main room, I think it was said that if Lara lights the stuff near the exit, she will die, so you have to figure out how to blow it up without coming to harm; that's the puzzle.

@Leglion, I don't know. Both were shown at E3.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:38   #8025
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Oh also, why are the controls so weird?

Like...x to grab a torch? RT to light it? What is RT anyways? Xbox controller only has one bumper button on each side?

edit: And why do we need an icon in the upper right hand corner saying "torch" after I pick up a torch? No **** guys, no **** it's a torch. ._.

edit 2: Also, the icon to light the flame does pop up when you walk near it, but the button doesn't appear until you start doing stuff.

I've played couple of times xbox 360 this is the controler... but i guess the controlls were in pre-alpha stage too
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:41   #8026
Mikky

I doubt the controls were finalized. I mean, Survival Instinct was mapped on Y, one of the face buttons. Doesn't make sense to map a command on something that's apparently optional.

Quote:

In the final puzzle room you can kill yourself by lighting the barrels by the waterfall, you even see the icon appear.
Oh yeah, I know. I'm really looking forward to that.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:41   #8027
larafan25

^I pray these are temporary controls.

Quote:
Larafan, yes, in the main room, I think it was said that if Lara lights the stuff near the exit, she will die, so you have to figure out how to blow it up without coming to harm; that's the puzzle.

Yep, in the GI article it says she will die if she lights the barrels from in front of them, and we can see they are interactive...

Quote:
Which ones the final version then? The shorter demo fits their description of the icons decreasing as the game progresses.
The shorter version is the cut version, the extended version would be more accurate would it not be?
Old 06-05-12, 19:45   #8028
klona
Golden

I want to see how she explodes...
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:46   #8029
leglion
Inactive

Quote:

Quote:
^I pray these are temporary controls.

Yep, in the GI article it says she will die if she lights the barrels from in front of them, and we can see they are interactive...

The shorter version is the cut version, the extended version would be more accurate would it not be?
I think the "cut" demo is the more accurate version. It was just edited. It wasn't actually that short. I remember Karl saying the demo would be very different from what we saw in the demo somewhere. But it fits their description of what the final game was supposed to be like. The extended demo had icons consistently, the edited demo had them decreasing.

Last edited by leglion; 06-05-12 at 19:48.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 19:46   #8030
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
I want to see how she explodes...
Same, I'm incredibly curious.

Like...if this were TRA she's just grab her side and fall backwards.

I hope she goes flying backwards into the water, where her body then floats down the stream into the fire.