Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 04-06-07, 21:36   #21
gtkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u View Post
Everyone should have those consoles due to the fact that next gen consoles cost money. If they release it on one next gen console they should do it on all. So far its just the Wii.
And probably the 360, which just leaves the PS3. Eidos already said no PS3 games from them until 2008 anyway...
gtkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 21:37   #22
2kool4u

They also said no next gen versions.
2kool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 21:40   #23
gtkilla

Quote:
They also said no next gen versions.
Uh, no they didn't.
Old 04-06-07, 21:42   #24
2kool4u

Yes they did when they first announced it, they said psp, ps2 and pc. I remember that because I said there might be a chance for a next gen version because durinfg the summer they said they weren any plans on making an anniversary.
Old 04-06-07, 21:53   #25
UNDERTAKER

Quote:
Yes they did when they first announced it, they said psp, ps2 and pc. I remember that because I said there might be a chance for a next gen version because durinfg the summer they said they weren any plans on making an anniversary.
But they never actually stated in plain English: There will be no next gen version!

A 360 version is so close. I can feel it in my waters. Legend was a big success so this is very likely. Hopefully, they've had time to fix out the next gen glitches like the HD frame rate issue and low res shadows.

A PS3 version? Unlikely. Too expensive with little chance of profit being made.

Anyway, what's the big deal? Wasn't it PS2 people who were syaing Lara looks 'waxy and plastic' on next gen? So your not really missing anything are you?
UNDERTAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 21:55   #26
2kool4u

Hey, i never said that, i thought she looked awesome in the next gen pics from legend.
Old 04-06-07, 21:59   #27
UNDERTAKER

Quote:
Hey, i never said that, i thought she looked awesome in the next gen pics from legend.
I never meant you specifically, but many, many people (Sony fans in particular) hated the next gen look. Whether that was a genuine dislike or just jealousy is another debate entirely...
UNDERTAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 22:00   #28
gtkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER View Post
But they never actually stated in plain English: There will be no next gen version!

A 360 version is so close. I can feel it in my waters. Legend was a big success so this is very likely. Hopefully, they've had time to fix out the next gen glitches like the HD frame rate issue and low res shadows.

A PS3 version? Unlikely. Too expensive with little chance of profit being made.

Anyway, what's the big deal? Wasn't it PS2 people who were syaing Lara looks 'waxy and plastic' on next gen? So your not really missing anything are you?
Lol, exactly!
Old 04-06-07, 22:02   #29
2kool4u

I think its jealousy. Did you see the way it loked? I was soo impressed. Thats why i desperatley want it to be on the PS3. Im going to buy the ps2, psp and maybe the wii version.
Old 04-06-07, 22:06   #30
nomedo

my only objection to a next gen version (if i may still call x360 and PS3 "next gen"), would be that it kinda fools the PC players of their candy. no one can argue that a couple of 8800ultras are more graphicly capable then any of the so called next gen consoles. unless such a version was released with a more then welcomed monster patch for the pc version...
nomedo is offline   Reply With Quote