Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 19-06-07, 18:37   #11
Tomb Raider 5194

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstormaoa View Post
Thats great for X-box 360 owners

I must say (don't kill me) that this is a perfect example of why I hate Microsoft/Bill Gates.
"We must monopolise everything! Quick lets try to cut down the PS3 before it gets going so we can ensure we get the majority share of the market...Lest the plebs figure out that PS3 may be an egual/perhaps better machine than our 360.........."

Sony don't do things like that
I agree pretty much, Microsoft is just trying to outrun the PS3 by every means necessary.

PS Im not a PS3 nor 360 fanboy!

Thanks for posting UT!
Tomb Raider 5194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 19:47   #12
UNDERTAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR freak View Post
PS3 version will likely be superior
Hmmm. Interesting. Well, I respect your opinion but based on the fact that all multiformat games so far are superior on 360, I expect the opposite.

But I guess we'll see
UNDERTAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 19:48   #13
mathew9r

WOW

$50.000.000

BUT I LIVE IN THE UK
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 19:55   #14
Dingaling
Golden

I fnd it hard to believe they paid $50 million. Most films don't make that amount of money nor take that amount of money to make. Most games do not require that amount of money to make or make that in overall sales. I could possibly understand if it was exclusive rights to the new game... but for downloadable content? What are they gonna charge for each DLC? £50? There's no way that they'll be able to make that kind of money back off GTA IV alone unless they charge extortionate prices.

Seems like a good deal for Take Two but a very lousy deal for Microsoft. Still, will be getting it on Xbox 360 anyway... just hope they don't up the price for the 360 version cos of the deal. God, $50 million. I wish I could throw away money like that.

EDIT: Managed to miss out that Microsoft would get their money back if they didn't meet the $50 million. Sill, it's $50 million. It's ridiculous!

Last edited by Dingaling; 19-06-07 at 19:57.
Dingaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 23:34   #15
bloodstormaoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Oh. My. God.

Sony didn't stop long enough to scrape Sega off their shoes when they buried the Saturn years ago... (and then, very deliberately, the Dreamcast), and they've had no problem securing their own exclusives over the years... including GTA itself, which was usually released a good while later on the original Xbox... long after most people already bought the PS2 version.
The Saturn and Dreamcast suffered because they lacked great games, not because of Sony IMO. There was just a better console on the market that the major developers flocked to A lot of Sega's games have been very "niche" over the years and that didn't help them when PS came along with a wider variety. IMO
bloodstormaoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-07, 00:34   #16
Hypnosos

Bah, that's pocket change for Bill Gates... he's making mad amounts of money every god-damn second. It won't hurt him one bit.
Hypnosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-07, 06:51   #17
TR freak

Quote:
The Saturn and Dreamcast suffered because they lacked great games, not because of Sony IMO. There was just a better console on the market that the major developers flocked to A lot of Sega's games have been very "niche" over the years and that didn't help them when PS came along with a wider variety. IMO
Dreamcast disagrees. It easily had the best launch lineup of any console ever. It was discontinued because sega went bankrupt because noone was buying the DC. They weren't buying it because the PS1 was still strong and the PS2 was on the way. People didn't trust sega consoles because of what happened to the Saturn. When the PS2 was released it put the final nail in segas coffin. RIP Sega.
TR freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-07, 09:17   #18
sailor_raider

Go Xbox WOO-HOO!!!
i think i made the right choice buying the 360 1st!
sailor_raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-07, 10:50   #19
interstellardave

Quote:
Sony used the old "next-gen 1.5" line in regards to the Dreamcast... they told everyone that they may as well wait another 8 months or so (however long it was) to buy a PS2 instead, because it was a real step up. I remember vividly because Sega fans were livid about it. Me, I thought it was smart on Sonys' part, just like keeping timed exclusivity on GTA was... now I think it's smart of MS to make similar moves. MS is supposed to try and outdo Sony in the market... I fail to see how people can be so naive as the think they shouldn't. And you ignore reality when you say Sony doesn't do the very same things. People act like Sony is a little "Mom and Pop" operation fighting against a corporate giant... no, they're both corporate giants, and neither one of them is going to cuddle up all warm an cozy with the other and play "nice"!
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote