Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 04-10-14, 00:04   #1
nexusdarkblue

Default Audio Track & Sound Sample Glitches

Hello raiders!

Seems I've hit another roadblock in trying to add on the finishing touches to my level.

I'm finding it strange how some of the custom audio tracks and custom sound samples in my level work perfectly while others have distorted glitches when they're playing. All are definitely converted in the correct format--checked, double checked and triple checked for verification. So what could be the problem?

After I did some tests with several pre-existing sound samples and audio tracks (and all worked perfectly), I'm convinced that there's some kind of mysterious issue with the audio converter itself. I'm using Total Audio Converter on Windows 7. Anyone using a program that's been flawless in their audio/sound sample conversions without any glitches?

In particular, I've been wanting to use a custom sound to replace the 'nextdoor.wav' that is used by the RAISING_BLOCK1 object. The weird glitch here is that I hear my custom sound sample playing at the beginning, though with some static and other garbled distortion before it clears up and plays fine in the last few milliseconds.

And a custom audio track I'm using after Lara presses a switch should play just fine with a normal CD trigger, right?

I feel like I'm missing something here, but I can't put my finger on it. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.--Yes, I am still using that old TRLE, so perhaps that is the culprit of these mysterious glitches :-)

EDIT: I did another test, and I realize that the Total Audio Editor program I'm using has caused some other glitches, so it looks like the program itself is the culprit. Now if I can just find an audio converter that truly works....

Last edited by nexusdarkblue; 04-10-14 at 01:01.
nexusdarkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 01:20   #2
nexusdarkblue

Problem solved: Audacity. So simple! I should've been using this for everything since the beginning! OK, back to my level building!
nexusdarkblue is offline   Reply With Quote