Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 25-02-17, 18:24   #1
Tombraider95

Arrow Tomb Raider II - Revised

Tomb Raider II - Revised Teaser Trailer

Tomb Raider II - Revised End Trailer

Tomb Raider II - Revised Final Trailer

(Click for larger)

PART 1 RELEASE

ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD LINK

https://www.treditor.hu/cgi-bin/schl...ised_part1.zip

Quote:
~ Update Package ~

The update package contains:

A new look to Lara's Home. Gameplay remains mostly the same but with many new details around the manor. Definitely worth another play.

Venice speedboat bug fix.

Other minor small fixes in the diary pages, audio, title and script.

Download the update here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cil0gxgwaa...ckage.zip?dl=0

You still need the full download from trle.net:

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3054

You just need to replace the files from the update download into the full folder. Check the readme for more details.

Big thanks to TRJTA for the extra details on the manor and for helping me with the update!

Some other details and thoughts:

- If you're not a fan of remakes then this project really isn't for you.

- Wanted to give thanks to AgentXP. He/she () helped supply some textures and a base version of Hideout.

- I started thinking about creating a thread back in early 2015 but had doubts and decided to wait until I had more done, yet here we are 2 years later and I'm still having doubts about it lol. I don't want to 100% promise anything, but I feel like posting this will help motivate me to continue on.

- I know it's a big project and it can feel very overwhelming at times but as long as I release the first section at least, I will be happy I haven't wasted everything I've done so far.

- Progress was going quite good for the first year roughly when I was working in lesuire (being on my feet all day), but then I got my job in game design which means I sit at a desk 7 hours a day Mon-Fri. Because of this when I get home I wouldn't feel like doing much building. In the last few months progress has been a lot better and I'm currently finishing off Ocean Rig and only have Diving Area left to build. I then need to create the last 2 cutscenes, finish Lara's Home and then make sure each level is 100% complete.

- Like I stated earlier I wanted to do this mostly on my own because it allows me to shape it into the game that I want it to be myself personally. Obviously if I had help building levels the progress would be a lot greater. I have no idea what's going to happen after I finish Section 1, but I at least want to do that all by myself, creating the ground work. Then who knows if people wanted to help somehow it might be possible later on.

- I am aiming to release section one hopefully sometime this year in line with the 20th Anniversary of TR2.

Last edited by Tombraider95; 27-05-19 at 12:50.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 18:29   #2
Matie

This looks absolutely wonderful! I love your work, you've kept the original feel and next to the general improvements, you've given it a lot of atmosphere and I really like that. I'm looking forward to seeing your take on the rest of the levels.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 18:37   #3
VictorXD

Oooh my!

Look at that atmosphere! HUNFF!! The graphics looks amazing as well, very faithful to TR2. Can't wait to play it
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 18:40   #4
GRiannisRaider

It is impressive i like the atmosphere so much ! Well Done !
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 18:58   #5
NoahCrofRaider

This looks very good! I love the things I've seen so far! Best of luck on this project; it looks very promising.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 19:20   #6
Kapu

Glad to see you've made a thread! It looks fantastic.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 19:26   #7
scion05

Most stunning TRLE project I have seen in years. Textures and lighting are ****ing incredible.
scion05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 19:27   #8
Alex Fly
Inactive

Outstanding work there !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 20:01   #9
egypt_gypsie

This looks absolutely beautiful!

I noticed in the first teaser trailer that you are using the classic TR2 sound effects, except for Lara's footstep sounds. (Or I just didn't hear it right). Do you plan on adding those?

(It is a mild pet peeve of mine when the corresponding footstep sound isn't used when doing a remake of a classic game.)
egypt_gypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-17, 20:16   #10
Tombraider95

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Most stunning TRLE project I have seen in years. Textures and lighting are ****ing incredible.
wow thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
This looks absolutely beautiful!

I noticed in the first teaser trailer that you are using the classic TR2 sound effects, except for Lara's footstep sounds. (Or I just didn't hear it right). Do you plan on adding those?

(It is a mild pet peeve of mine when the corresponding footstep sound isn't used when doing a remake of a classic game.)
lol no I've still got the TR4 footsteps. I may change them we shall see.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote