Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 28-03-17, 23:08   #121
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I feel that the Polaroid in the center fits TR2 because obviously of the main menu Lara's Home option. But here the image will change depending on what level you are on. It will display the title of the level and a screenshot from that level, as if Lara has taken the photo herself. I thought this would be a nice idea to include!
Splendid idea! It reminds me of the changing level backgrounds in TRL, which I loved even not knowing the reason why The project is shaping up to be spectacular, keep up the great work!
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-17, 23:21   #122
Boobandie

Oooh don't change the image. Add more polaroids onto the desk overlapping previous levels. Like she's collecting photos.

Also you could make some of them shots that Lara has set up like the von croy one. Standing outside the great wall for example. Classic Lara liked to have fun.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-17, 23:47   #123
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I like it! Keep the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXP View Post
That's a very cool idea - I like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I like it too, great job !
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo15 View Post
I really like this idea! It looks great so far!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan View Post
Splendid idea! It reminds me of the changing level backgrounds in TRL, which I loved even not knowing the reason why The project is shaping up to be spectacular, keep up the great work!
Yes the TRL loading screens are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Oooh don't change the image. Add more polaroids onto the desk overlapping previous levels. Like she's collecting photos.
That could be a good idea! I'll give it a go and see what it's like
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 00:19   #124
Kapu

I also really like the desk idea. Lara's supposed to be a photojournalist, right? Her "day job." It would make sense for her to be photographing each location, like Boobandie suggested.

It is a bit busy for an inventory background, even with the image being dimmed. Perhaps you could add a highlight behind where the inventory items will appear, to make them more visible? Something like this?
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 01:01   #125
Boobandie

Btw did you get permission to use the artwork?
Old 29-03-17, 18:24   #126
Tombraider95

^^
Yeah it's all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
It is a bit busy for an inventory background, even with the image being dimmed. Perhaps you could add a highlight behind where the inventory items will appear, to make them more visible? Something like this?
Maybe It may look busy but to me in game it flows quite nicely. Whenever this gets beta tested in the future I'll see then if players have a problem with it and possibly alter it slightly if needed
Old 30-03-17, 00:08   #127
Boobandie

Is it showing up as the background for the pause menu as well? I was experimenting with a similar inventory background concept but didn't like that it also showed up with the pause menu. It makes it way too busy for the text in statistics and control configuration.
Old 30-03-17, 17:16   #128
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Is it showing up as the background for the pause menu as well? I was experimenting with a similar inventory background concept but didn't like that it also showed up with the pause menu. It makes it way too busy for the text in statistics and control configuration.

I think it fits well! I like how the numbers are on the Polaroid.
Old 01-06-17, 17:45   #129
Tombraider95

~ Update ~

Now that Diving Area has been built, all the levels in the first section are almost done! Yay! So now it's just the process of going back through and fixing things, finishing things and making sure I'm happy with each one. All the levels are about 80% done.

After the levels are finished I'll need to finish Lara's Home. I've just got to finish building the last bits and then add the gameplay, it shouldn't take too long.

The big challenge will be doing all 3 cutscenes. I've decided I'm not going to have them in the level as setting up all the flybys to be positioned correctly at the right time is extremely difficult; especially when they jump from different locations. So instead I'm going to position cameras in multiple places and record the whole cutscene a number of times. Then I'll edit all the clips together, cutting them at the right time so the transitions are a lot better, rather than relying on flybys. Then in-game it'll just be FMV's that are triggered.

However before I record the cutscenes I need to make sure the models I'm using are completely final. Currently I'm hoping to change the Lara model/outfit I'm using to something new, but until then I can't do any recording. So for now it's just finishing and fixing a lot of stuff
Old 01-06-17, 17:57   #130
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
The big challenge will be doing all 3 cutscenes. I've decided I'm not going to have them in the level as setting up all the flybys to be positioned correctly at the right time is extremely difficult; especially when they jump from different locations. So instead I'm going to position cameras in multiple places and record the whole cutscene a number of times. Then I'll edit all the clips together, cutting them at the right time so the transitions are a lot better, rather than relying on flybys. Then in-game it'll just be FMV's that are triggered.
What I did was use scripting to cut the cameras as the exact frames. It works excellent, except I have faced the camera limits in the Opera House cutscene and I'm trying (and struggling) to add some fixed cameras instead.

Anyways, good luck with everything
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote