Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 26-02-17, 13:54   #41
indigo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Thanks. Ah you mean the Venice screenshot. You can tell as Venice is daytime, Hideout is evening and Opera is night.
Ah, OK! I hadn't realized that! I'm intrigued by the new gameplay elements in the screenshots as well - that Venice room seems to be new, and I can't wait to see where that ladder in the first Bartoli's Hideout screenshot leads to! Not to mention, the broken bridge below the zip line in The Great Wall, which I've been looking forward to exploring ever since I played the demo!
indigo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 14:23   #42
Revenge

I played the demo a while ago and it was so great, I loved it ! Especially the visuals and the atmosphere which were stunning. I was afraid that it was abandonned but I'm so so glad it's not !!!
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 16:19   #43
DJ Full

I'm very skeptical, won't rate until I play. I recently tried Daoine's TR1 remake, it was like half the experience. No problem for ordinary custom level but remakes are not such. If you're a newbie failing to run the original TR you may try the remake instead and not even know how much you missed. Also it's possibly one of the first custom levels you try, so when you see it rated so high it may discourage you from trying all wonderful games we made. This can now happen to this TR2 remake, it can become a blessing or a curse. You need to be very, VERY careful.

Quote:
report New Dwight like I did and the mods will do their work
I hope they won't. Reporting honest opinions doesn't make much sense you know.
DJ Full is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 16:23   #44
Dustie

I'm excited to play this, especially the Venice part

Maybe you could release this in parts? So that people won't have to wait forever to play it. And maybe you'll have more motivation after releasing each part to finish the next one...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 16:43   #45
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo15 View Post
Ah, OK! I hadn't realized that! I'm intrigued by the new gameplay elements in the screenshots as well - that Venice room seems to be new, and I can't wait to see where that ladder in the first Bartoli's Hideout screenshot leads to! Not to mention, the broken bridge below the zip line in The Great Wall, which I've been looking forward to exploring ever since I played the demo!
You must not know what lurks down there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
I played the demo a while ago and it was so great, I loved it ! Especially the visuals and the atmosphere which were stunning. I was afraid that it was abandonned but I'm so so glad it's not !!!
Glad you enjoyed that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
I'm very skeptical, won't rate until I play. This can now happen to this TR2 remake, it can become a blessing or a curse. You need to be very, VERY careful.
Well it's up to you to decide if it's a blessing or a curse but as long as I'm happy with what I've created then that's all that matters to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I'm excited to play this, especially the Venice part

Maybe you could release this in parts? So that people won't have to wait forever to play it. And maybe you'll have more motivation after releasing each part to finish the next one...
That's the plan! The "sections" on the first post are how I want to release it. If this was a group project I would rather not release in "parts" but I feel like I need to on this occasion like you said, to further motivate me. Otherwise it could take too long and I may not even release anything!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 17:20   #46
Kapu

Default @^

Releasing in parts also gives you the opportunity to gather feedback, which could help you improve the future parts. And we all want to play this now so it's great for the rest of us too.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 17:28   #47
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
Releasing in parts also gives you the opportunity to gather feedback, which could help you improve the future parts. And we all want to play this now so it's great for the rest of us too.
haha yeah exactly! I tried to get it to as least amount of parts as I could. I think the first section is probably the worst out of all of them so I'm glad I'm towards the end of that. I just think Venice which takes up 3 levels is a pain to build because it's quite overused and boring. I'm never building venice levels again! lol
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 17:58   #48
Titak

Looking great!
I really like the atmosphere you have going.
Great lighting!
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 18:39   #49
turneraider

Yes! I seen your gameplay video of this game a while back, it looks amazing how HD the textures are, I can't wait to play!!
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-17, 19:55   #50
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
it's up to you to decide if it's a blessing or a curse
I cannot decide how the game feels to me or how it affects people. What I can do is try to understand what the game is meant to say but you're also the one who can help it.

Quote:
as long as I'm happy with what I've created then that's all that matters to me!
So I hope you're happy with what I am.
DJ Full is online now   Reply With Quote