Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-06-18, 03:11   #521
AgentXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
So you don't have any save before pushing the button?

I've checked the setup but can't seem to work out why it can only be pushed once. Will have to look into it for the complete release.
I have this trouble for the first time I press the button - I see the doors open in the camera view, but when I get to them, they're closed - I don't even see them close once they enter view, they're just closed already as soon as I enter sight of them. I did open both the shortcut gates... and I start the boat right next to the button and do the run fast, over both ramps....
AgentXP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 03:23   #522
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
So you don't have any save before pushing the button?

I've checked the setup but can't seem to work out why it can only be pushed once. Will have to look into it for the complete release.
Did you have the One Shot trigger on it?
IIRC, timed switches would rest back after the door closes.
God I hope I didn't save it before pressing the switch.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 04:55   #523
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Trying my best to play this, admittedly I've never played a custom level before and I'm trying to install it but it's not working. My TRLE crashes before it even loads. I have no idea how to set this up :S
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 05:04   #524
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Trying my best to play this, admittedly I've never played a custom level before and I'm trying to install it but it's not working. My TRLE crashes before it even loads. I have no idea how to set this up :S
Welcome to the TRLE world, Mel! I hope you get it working!
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 07:31   #525
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Did you have the One Shot trigger on it?
IIRC, timed switches would rest back after the door closes.
God I hope I didn't save it before pressing the switch.
I don't think so. I will have to set it up again from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
You don't need to install the game, you download the zip folder and make sure your anti virus doesn't delete the tomb4.exe. When clicking on tomb4.Exe immediately hit ctrl to bring up the settings. I believe you don't want the "core design" setting selected in the drop down, don't tick "no fmv" and try using the soft fullscreen option at the bottom to help play the fmvs. Then select your resolution try starting to game.

Something like this:

@Agentxp. Did you use the sprint button? Make sure to use sprint on the straights then slow down for the corners and you'll make it

Last edited by Tombraider95; 30-06-18 at 07:58.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 09:12   #526
pawelek115

Quote:
Originally Posted by renansimoes View Post
WHY? That doesn't make sense

So far it works so that it goes to use the button only once.
Maybe it will be repaired someday.

You save the game on one slot? This is not done.
An experienced player saves on all slots alternately.
That's how it's done. Especially in older games.
Save can also be broken, so saving on one slot usually leads to ruin.
In my opinion, saving yourself when you want is much better than autosave or checkpoint in new games.
Checkpoint is the worst thing I know, because it forces you to go through the same game segment many times.
pawelek115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 09:40   #527
jajay119

Quote:

The switch and chest are in no way connected, you just need to step back and let Lara walk towards it herself. It's the same with any other object in the Sarcophagus slot, cupboard/drawer, Lara needs to be a step back.
I tried that after someone suggested it and it didn’t work. She was either too far away to register or she just kept trying to walk through it until I reversed the switch then she didn’t even do the walking animation and I was right next to it. Maybe it was a glitch or something I dunno.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 11:17   #528
Jami393

Right... I'm trying to find the second boat in Venice because either I used it and misplaced it or it hasn't appeared and during my search, I came across this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nia9waydm...d%203.jpg?dl=0
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 11:46   #529
SarahPilko

I've just finished Venice, and wow what an astonishing level! It took me 2:33:41 to finish the level; I am not sure if I am so bad lol, but seriously I just love to explore everything Although much of that time was when I went AFK for a little break. I did use the walkthrough for the mines and blue key, but other than that, awesome!

I like where you placed the Fiamma Nera cult members more in the middle of the level, so the area felt more secluded and makes sense than in the original game... I hope that makes sense.

Overall rating: 9.5/10

So far

The Great Wall of China: 8.5/10
Venice Canals: 9.5/10

I am excited to play Bartoli's Hideout when I have time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Right... I'm trying to find the second boat in Venice because either I used it and misplaced it or it hasn't appeared and during my search, I came across this.

There is no second boat.
SarahPilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 12:04   #530
pawelek115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post

Do not destroy the mines by boat because there is no other boat. Miny destroys the chest.
pawelek115 is offline   Reply With Quote