Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-07-18, 02:08   #561
DJ Full

Setup > No waiting for refresh?
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-18, 19:33   #562
not again!

Finally got around to play this and just finished. Goodness, what a fantastic remake that is. It's absolutely beautiful.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 07:36   #563
pawelek115

I do not know where to write this curiosity. There is a remake of another classic old game similar to the first part of Tomb Raider -
Drakan: Order of the Flame 1999.
The game is created on the Unity engine and will not only be a remaster,
but there will also be changes on the levels. In this game we had a dragon.
The project is called "OpenOOTF: A Drakan Remake"

Screenshots:
https://arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop...=4211&start=30

This project reminds me of "Tomb Raider II Revised" and
"Tomb Raider 3 remake" also on the Unity engine.
Such games as Drakan 1999, Shadow man 1999 or Soul Reaver 1999 were based on the success of the first parts of the Tomb raider and I think that they copied much of their style and appearance.
pawelek115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-18, 20:55   #564
laralives

I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to have the game load straight into the main menu w/o it playing the FMV and continuing straight into The Great Wall?

Also, has anyone experienced the issue in which they load a save and Lara is stuck in a mid air animation where she stutters as if she's falling and the only remedy is to reload the game? If so, is there a fix?
laralives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-18, 21:01   #565
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
Finally got around to play this and just finished. Goodness, what a fantastic remake that is. It's absolutely beautiful.
Aw thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralives View Post
I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to have the game load straight into the main menu w/o it playing the FMV and continuing straight into The Great Wall?

Also, has anyone experienced the issue in which they load a save and Lara is stuck in a mid air animation where she stutters as if she's falling and the only remedy is to reload the game? If so, is there a fix?
Not sure about the mid air animation, I haven't had that before. Regarding the main menu issue, are you saying that starting the game up it loads the intro FMV, then goes straight into New Game and loads the second FMV before you can then "exit to title"? You should just need to start the game up and pres ESC to stop the FMV and the main menu will be there.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-18, 21:40   #566
Eliana Croft

I love everything about this project of yours from the impressive animations to the nostalgic the atmosphere <3
Eliana Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-18, 23:07   #567
laralives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Not sure about the mid air animation, I haven't had that before. Regarding the main menu issue, are you saying that starting the game up it loads the intro FMV, then goes straight into New Game and loads the second FMV before you can then "exit to title"? You should just need to start the game up and pres ESC to stop the FMV and the main menu will be there.
The mid air animation issue seems to happen after a few "loads". What is the best way to record this?

With regards to the FMV - that is correct, after pressing ESC it loads the next FMV -> the Great Wall FMV and starts the game from the Great Wall.
Old 25-08-18, 23:09   #568
Tombraider95

Quote:
The mid air animation issue seems to happen after a few "loads". What is the best way to record this?

With regards to the FMV - that is correct, after pressing ESC it loads the next FMV -> the Great Wall FMV and starts the game from the Great Wall.
Try Fraps for recording.

Try moving the opening fmv somewhere else out of the FMV folder and start the game. It should go straight to the main menu hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana Croft View Post
I love everything about this project of yours from the impressive animations to the nostalgic the atmosphere <3
Thanks!! Although the animations aren't mine
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-18, 11:32   #569
TombGuardian

Quote:

I had this problem too. You have to start the game with Soft mode in TRLE options
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-18, 23:31   #570
laralives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombGuardian View Post
I had this problem too. You have to start the game with Soft mode in TRLE options
Ahh, thank you! -- this has solved the FMV issue- I shall see if this also by chance also fixes the loading mid-air issue.