www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 30-05-18, 11:27   #1
ostercy
Explorer

Default Should Roseanne have been axed and should Tommy Robinson have been jailed?

(Politics)
Old 30-05-18, 12:05   #2
redfox45
Explorer

I have zero love for the EDL and Britain First, most of them are just thick bigots but at the same time I totally believe 100% that if the grooming gang in question did not consist mainly of Muslims, nobody would have cared that he was there and he wouldn't have been arrested.

The livestream is still available on youtube and I would personally say arresting him for "breach of the peace" is absolutely ludicrous and that unless he remains in some form of protected isolation he will be in very real danger of being murdered while in prison.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 12:34   #3
Vaskito
Professor

Yes.
Roseanne is racist, and her "jokes" were a really bad taste, including the Nazi stuff.

Tommy is a disguting xenophobic pig, and I'm glad he's in jail.

I sound too harsh, but I despise those two. Katie Hopkins is another disgusting piece of trash
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 13:00   #4
Mani_Man
Archaeologist

Never understood what people like about the Roseanne show in the first place.

The woman behind the character was always trash and it was bound to escalate one way or the other with her.
The woman used her right to free speech to be disgusting and racist, now she has the price to pay.
Sadly the people who worked on the show too have to deal with it now.

Tommy Robinson is trash, good riddance.

That Katie Hopkins gets away with half the stuff she says is beyond me.
There has to be some cosmic karma or so just to be waiting to hit her in her face.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 13:39   #5
Dennis's Mom

Considering Roseanne's history of tweeting racist stuff and conspiracy theories, one has to wonder why ABC gave her a series to begin with. They couldn't be surprised by this.

I'm surprised they cancelled it, but I think it was the right thing to do since ABC is owned by Disney and they have "standards" to uphold.

Cannot comment on the other.
Old 30-05-18, 13:45   #6
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Never understood what people like about the Roseanne show in the first place.

The woman behind the character was always trash and it was bound to escalate one way or the other with her.
The woman used her right to free speech to be disgusting and racist, now she has the price to pay.
Sadly the people who worked on the show too have to deal with it now.

Tommy Robinson is trash, good riddance.

That Katie Hopkins gets away with half the stuff she says is beyond me.
There has to be some cosmic karma or so just to be waiting to hit her in her face.
If I recall correctly Katie Hopkins did get fired from her job either this year or last year I forget why exactly but I remember thinking she deserves it as she is a very annoying person, when she appeared on the Late Late show here in Ireland I took an instant dislike to her she also for whatever reason started waving cards around that she had something written on and argued with the audience asking them why were they clapping, it was the show's host I felt sorry for sitting there watching her acting like an idiot I bet he was thinking I'm never having her back on this show ever again.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 13:57   #7
Mickybyrne20
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post

Tommy is a disguting xenophobic pig, and I'm glad he's in jail.

I sound too harsh, but I despise those two. Katie Hopkins is another disgusting piece of trash
I'd quite like an elaborate answer as to why you think Tommy Robinson should've been imprisoned for exposing Islamic grooming gangs, that essentially sexually abuse young girls?

How dare people excuse this, and start slapping labels on their heads, as if that's even the main issue here. Paedophiles are more disgusting.

"Breaching the peace". As if that means anything at all. This is a clear obscuring of the truth that there are grooming gangs that take advantage of young girls.

I live in Rochdale, where there has been accounts of these types of gangs, and there's actually a documentary about the incident. It's vile.

Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins might have their own political agendas that I do not agree with, but this blatant overlooking of REAL issues that religious fundamentalism brings to the West, is utterly cowardice.

To make myself perfectly clear, before people start maliciously accusing. I detest their approach to the issues at hand, and their activism is at times appalling. That being said, it STILL doesn't negate the fact these issues need addressing head on. We cannot start censoring people that we don't agree with. It's an infringement of our rights as people to discuss ongoing issues that genuinely affect people's lives.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 30-05-18 at 14:08.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 14:12   #8
redfox45
Explorer

Why do I get the impression that a majority of people here haven't actually bothered even trying to find the livestream that got Tommy arrested?

I mean...isn't that kind of an important factor? No?

I can't stand Piers Morgan and what he has to say and the way he acts and behaves, the guy drives me nuts.

....I wouldn't want him put in ******* prison for it though! You can't just be okay with throwing people in prison for having ignorant or unpopular opinions they have to actually commit a crime. Ya know...like the gang that was being sentenced for grooming and raping girls as young as 11.

allegedly
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 14:13   #9
Ahmier
Historian

I just watched Roseanne(the old episodes) last year and I really liked them. However I knew as soon as she said the revival would be a little political, there would be trouble. I’m a bit surprised they gave her the revival to begin with, considering she always spoke her mind but not in the best way. Sympathy for her but hopefully she learns from this. ABC has to protect their image and I respect that.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 15:38   #10
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Yes and who?, respectively. Will reply more later once I’ve done the necessary research.