Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-03-17, 19:28   #1
Greenapple968

Default The GreenApple Clock Has Struck Another Barkhang Hour

Tomb Raider doesn't seem to be giving me the thrill it used to give me so I'm going to take a lengthy pause from it. Between now and then, I will most probably go back to Final Fantasy and Digimon World. But before taking vacation away from Tomb Raider, I have done yet another video for the one and only Barkhang Monastery:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMw_W6lJ4RQ

Video Description:
Okay, you might be wondering where my Blind LPs for LAU have gone? Well I'm going to spill the beans; I simply didn't take to Crystal Dynamics and all the videos have been deleted. I've now returned to my comfortable territory of Core Design.

This is another one of those unique videos for Barkhang Monastery, only this time I don't need to aggravate the Monks! I've come up with the idea of completing the level while having the fewest number of deaths possible. This is referring to Gunmen being killed by myself or the Monks, as well as Monks being killed by myself or the Monks, and even the Crows being killed by me. The fewest number of deaths possible would appear to be 4, which is the number that I was faced with in this video. In the interest of making things more exciting, I also had the restrictions of: all secrets, no healthpacks, pistols only, limited saves and limited flares. The restriction of limited saves is that I was only allowed 1 save for the entire level. The restriction of limited flares is that I had to enter the level with no flares and only use the ones I picked up.

Death was unavoidable at 0:58; there were 2 Monks and 2 Gunmen and there was nothing I could've done to stop them from killing each other. There had to be 2 deaths and it made more sense to kill the Gunmen as that spared me from having Gunmen on my back and turning the Monks on me. The Crow at 1:30 couldn't be avoided and you see me apply various techniques to get an effective lead on him; that way I take care of him without performing any kills. The Gunman at 2:45 had to be killed; it was a choice between 1 Gunman or 2 Monks. The Glitch at 9:00 offered a large drain on my health but I had to do this to avoid triggering a Gunman who otherwise would've needed to be killed, bringing up the Death Count. Just before this, I had to outwit the Crow so that he wouldn't bother me and I could collect the Rooftops Key in peace. The path taken at 11:40 was mandatory in enabling me to skip 2 Monks and 2 Gunmen, saving me from a minimum of 2 more deaths. I use this path more than once and the glitch at 12:58 must be done so that I can make my return while still avoiding the trigger spot. I soon went back for the Crow and lured him into the Rooftops area where I eventually trap him at 17:58, taking care of him for good.

The Dive Bug at 18:20 must be done so that I can obtain the Prayer Wheel at 19:20 without spawning 4 Gunmen and 3 Monks in that area. The Dive Bug also enables me access to 20:20-25:40 without the triggering of 3 Gunmen in the main hall. The jump at 20:35 skips out 2 Gunmen and the Glitch at 25:55 re-skips the spawning of 3 Gunmen in the main hall. I use my 1 save at 29:00 because the part just afterwards requires an awful lot of luck with the Gunman and with AIs. I trapped the Monk in a separate area to the Gunman so that they cannot reach one another. They will however, be aware of each other's presence and the idea is for the Gunman to focus some of his attention on the Monk, giving me just enough time to grab the Prayer Wheel and leave. The position of the blocks goes in my favour in shielding me from bullets and enabling me to easily jump between the 2 areas. The 4th and final death of the video is at 31:14; the Gunman is triggered by me obtaining the Prayer Wheel and it makes more sense for him to be killed as opposed to the Monk. The Glitch at 32:28 is my ticket to the final unexplored part of Barkhang Monastery. I cannot kill anything but I try to get around while taking minimal damage and I avoid the trigger spots for 1 Monk as well as 3 Gunmen and this meant that no one was in a position to do harm or be harmed. My return to the main hall at 34:50 was made easy thanks to me opening the Trapdoor not long previously. The end of the level was then at my mercy.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 08:33   #2
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Looking foward to watching this.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 19:51   #3
SrDanielPonces

what? why did you delete LAU videos??
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 20:49   #4
Trenton

Yay! Nothing's quite the same as watching Greenapple give Barkhang a run for its money!
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-17, 13:43   #5
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
what? why did you delete LAU videos??
I simply do not like Crystal Dynamics and I do not want any of their material on my Channel. I have made a lot of changes over the last year or so (mostly positive changes) and I do not have much time for gaming nowadays. Out of the time that I do get for gaming, I want it to be spent playing/recording games that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Looking foward to watching this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Yay! Nothing's quite the same as watching Greenapple give Barkhang a run for its money!
Thank you for the feedback.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote