Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 01-02-16, 18:39   #8821
AODfan

Does anyone know any good old-school levels?
I just finished Piega's Last Crusade and now I want more
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 19:06   #8822
DJ Full

If you want to keep the continuum, you should jump straight into Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire so you have instant comparison. Unless you played that one already.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 19:56   #8823
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
Does anyone know any good old-school levels?
I just finished Piega's Last Crusade and now I want more
I remember this levelset gave me quite a hard time, but it was great: Reign of Chaos. Keeps you busy for a while (unless you're super-experienced and can read in builders' minds).

Moreover, trle.net has this section called Hall of Fame, which basically lists the best levels made, all sorted by the year of admission. You can look up those listed a few years ago to be sure they're closer to "old school" experiences.

Last edited by Dustie; 01-02-16 at 19:57.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 22:15   #8824
CourierNumber6

One was released not too long ago, called Aqua Sanctuary. I really liked it, and I really thought it stayed true to the traditional TR4 formula.

TRLE Link.
CourierNumber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 22:32   #8825
AODfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
If you want to keep the continuum, you should jump straight into Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire so you have instant comparison. Unless you played that one already.
I've had this sitting on my HDD for quite some time already. I might finally check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I remember this levelset gave me quite a hard time, but it was great: Reign of Chaos. Keeps you busy for a while (unless you're super-experienced and can read in builders' minds).

Moreover, trle.net has this section called Hall of Fame, which basically lists the best levels made, all sorted by the year of admission. You can look up those listed a few years ago to be sure they're closer to "old school" experiences.
I've played Reign of Chaos before but I got stuck really fast
It's not really what I was looking for but I might check it out again.

I skimmed over the HoF already but none of the levels really picked my interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierNumber6 View Post
One was released not too long ago, called Aqua Sanctuary. I really liked it, and I really thought it stayed true to the traditional TR4 formula.

TRLE Link.
I've played this when it came out and I loved it
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 09:44   #8826
CourierNumber6

Hmm... How about the "Andrea's Sword" Levels? Or Legend of the Golden Scorpion? Though maybe those don't give off a 100% "Old-school" vibe.

Part 1.
Part 2.
Golden Scorpion

Something I've just recently thought of: Has anyone made a Von Croy model for the LE in the guide slot modeled after Von Croy from AOD, or something similar? I'd find it surprising, considering the textures for most of AOD's models are available, I believe. I know using guides aren't that popular or appealing, especially for most levels, but its just something I think could be cool in some instances. Perhaps some kind of level where AOD Lara meets with AOD Von Croy and they adventure for a while together?

Last edited by CourierNumber6; 02-02-16 at 09:48.
Old 02-02-16, 20:49   #8827
Dustie

I guess nobody's done it yet because Von Croy is kind of an overplayed character, considering how much he's been featured in official games... people tend to prefer to switch things up and replace him with custom characters for guides. But maybe if you place a request in one of those request threads, maybe someone who likes modeling will go for it.
Old 02-02-16, 21:16   #8828
CourierNumber6

^
Agree with you on that, and I could think of more situations where a custom guide would be of better use than just Von Croy.
Old 03-02-16, 21:50   #8829
Dustie

There was a project aimed at updating The Last Revelation to HD quality. Maybe they were considering upgrading the character models?
Old 06-02-16, 22:16   #8830
Caesum

Am I the only one who thinks Lara's underwater breathing bubbles look like farts when she's swimming?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote