Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 20-08-16, 11:49   #1
MizzKroft

Default Heavy Triggers

So, looking at the manual for reference, it tells me what it does (Which is great!) however, it doesn't tell me how to set it up.

I want Lara to push a pushable block (Moving it to the correct tile) to raise a raising block. I've never used Heavy Triggers before so that's why I'm here. :>
(Edit, I just noticed the "Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!" so expect this to be my last new topic for questions, sorry!)
MizzKroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-16, 12:01   #2
LoreRaider

It's really easy, click on the raising_block, then, you have to enter on the Trigger panel (near the trigger button), on type, set Heavy, when you apply it on the sector, you should have "Heavy for raising block"
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-16, 12:09   #3
MizzKroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
It's really easy, click on the raising_block, then, you have to enter on the Trigger panel (near the trigger button), on type, set Heavy, when you apply it on the sector, you should have "Heavy for raising block"
Thank you so much!!

I always ask Google first, for anything TRLE related so I don't have to clutter up these Forums, unfortunately I couldn't find anything.

Thanks again, I appreciate you.
Old 20-08-16, 12:18   #4
moodydog

Hi,

1) Click on the push-able object. This allows the object to be selected in the white trigger box next to the pink trigger button on the left panel (you should see the push block's details come up in the trigger context box to show that it has been selected).

2) Click on the square floor tile of the tile you want the block to be pushed to (not the square floor tile that the block starts off on before being pushed in game).

3) Click on the white trigger box to bring up the "Set trigger Type" menu and ensure that;
a) Trigger (what trigger type): is set to "OBJECT".
b) Type (Activation mode): is set to "HEAVY"
Click OK once you have set these conditions. Do not alter anything else, so press OK.

4) Click the pink trigger button (with the floor tile still selected from step 2) to set a HEAVY trigger on the ground.

5) Select the raising block object you want the push block to affect, and ensure again the the raising block details are now in the white trigger box (similar to step 1).

6) Click the same tile as you selected for the push block trigger (i.e the tile the push block will be pushed onto in-game). If you are selecting this tile from the 2D plan window in the top left, ensure you right click on the tile to retain the current trigger information, as left clicking will auto select the trigger placed in steps 1-4.

7) Click on the white trigger box with the information for the raising block to bring up the "Set trigger Type" menu again and ensure that the defaults are still selected;
b) Type (Activation mode): is set to "TRIGGER"
Click OK, and then click the pink trigger button to set the trigger over the top of the HEAVY trigger set earlier. There should now be two triggers on the same tile. One for the push block and one for the raising block.

That's it. I cannot remember if you need to set an OCB code to start with the raising block in the down position (but I believe it's down by default).
Let us know if it worked.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-16, 12:20   #5
MizzKroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Hi,

1) Click on the push-able object. This allows the object to be selected in the white trigger box next to the pink trigger button on the left panel (you should see the push block's details come up in the trigger context box to show that it has been selected).

2) Click on the square floor tile of the tile you want the block to be pushed to (not the square floor tile that the block starts off on before being pushed in game).

3) Click on the white trigger box to bring up the "Set trigger Type" menu and ensure that;
b) Type (Activation mode): is set to "HEAVY"
Click OK once you have set these conditions. Do not alter anything else, so press OK.

4) Click the pink trigger button (with the floor tile still selected from step 2) to set a HEAVY trigger on the ground.

5) Select the raising block object you want the push block to affect, and ensure again the the raising block details are now in the white trigger box (similar to step 1).

6) Click the same tile as you selected for the push block trigger (i.e the tile the push block will be pushed onto in-game). If you are selecting this tile from the 2D plan window in the top left, ensure you right click on the tile to retain the current trigger information, as left clicking will auto select the trigger placed in steps 1-4.

7) Click on the white trigger box with the information for the raising block to bring up the "Set trigger Type" menu again and ensure that the defaults are still selected;
b) Type (Activation mode): is set to "TRIGGER"
Click OK, and then click the pink trigger button to set the trigger over the top of the HEAVY trigger set earlier. There should now be two triggers on the same tile. One for the push block and one for the raising block.

That's it. I cannot remember if you need to set an OCB code to start with the raising block in the down position (but I believe it's down by default).
Let us know if it worked.
It worked flawlessly. It's honestly amazing when you become more and more familiar with the editor, things that once seemed impossible or daunting are becoming more and more easier to do!
Old 20-08-16, 14:27   #6
moodydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzKroft View Post
It worked flawlessly. It's honestly amazing when you become more and more familiar with the editor, things that once seemed impossible or daunting are becoming more and more easier to do!
Awesome. Yep I love that feeling. I think when giving instructions/ tutorials, breaking it down into simple steps is most effective.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-16, 14:38   #7
MizzKroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Awesome. Yep I love that feeling. I think when giving instructions/ tutorials, breaking it down into simple steps is most effective.
Oh I completely agree :-)
Old 17-05-20, 19:15   #8
abbath81
Inactive

Hi to everyone!!I want a little help with multi pushblocks because the trle editor tutorial site has closed and was the only one that has a multi pushblock for one door. I want 2 pushblocks or more to open one door and reset if you take it from the sector with the heavy trigger because when you set 2 heavy triggers on 2 different sectors for 1 door you can just place 1 pushblock in one sector and then to thae other and open the door. In other words i want the heavy trigger to reset after moving the pushblock from it.Thanks in advance!
abbath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-20, 19:46   #9
Titak

Welcome to this forum, abbath81!

We have a multiple-switch tutorial: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211913
It is basically the same for when using pushables instead of switches. Just use heavy-trigger where it says switch-trigger in the tutorial.
With this setup it does not matter which pushable is placed in which trigger tile.

A more complicated setup would be using heavy-switch-triggers.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211872
With this setup pushable A needs to be pushed onto tile A, pushable B onto tile B, etc.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-20, 20:45   #10
abbath81
Inactive

Thanks Titak for your quick reply!! I have found all of your tutorial links but they are only 1 pushblock for 1 door setups.I have completed a 2 pushblock for 1 door setup and it works fine instead of one little missfunction. I can place only the one pushblock on each heavy triggered block and open the door. With this fault a puzzle would be very easy by the fact that you just place one pushblock in every block of the room instead of placing 2 pushblocks on the 2 triggered tiles. They must have special obc codes so after taking a pushblock from the correct tile the heavy trigger to be reset and not work as a normal trigger that you just walk on it once and remains on. Maybe i can use heavy antitrigger on all surrounding blocks to the one which has the heavy trigger so that reset the heavy trigger after taking the object thats on it but its a method that i thought of myself and its not the proper that is based on codebits.
abbath81 is offline   Reply With Quote